1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Warranty issues

Discussion in 'General Automotive' started by tacoma08MZ, Dec 20, 2008.

1. Dec 20, 2008 at 10:13 AM
    tacoma08MZ

tacoma08MZ [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Levi
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    2008 Access Cab 4x4
    tinted head/tail lights-blacked out badges-3 inch tuff country lift 33 inch nittos-black steelies custom spare bed mount-hilift-weathertechs-kenwood dnx5120 dvdnav headunit-remote start-painted grille surround-fog lights-grillcraft black mesh grille
    Im not actually having warranty issues or issues with my truck im just curious about something. I know ive read and asked about on here the magnesson moss act i beleive its called about them having to prove that part caused whatever to break, to break. My question is has anyone with a lifted truck had anything small or large break and the dealer give you trouble saying your warranty was voided until you brought this up? Just curious :D

2. Dec 20, 2008 at 10:45 AM
    Delmarva

Delmarva Mayor of TW

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 4runner Limited Looking for a Taco
    It's the wife's T4R so it's stock
    I haven't heard any stories of this happening. In fact, one of the guys in my AZ truck club took his in for some warranty work (engine or tranny issues me thinks), and the techs at the dealership were impressed by his setup / thought it was cool he wheeled his tacoma.

There are probably some pricks out there though that will try to use any excuse in the book to avoid fixing.

3. Dec 20, 2008 at 3:32 PM
    tacoma08MZ

tacoma08MZ [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Levi
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    2008 Access Cab 4x4
    tinted head/tail lights-blacked out badges-3 inch tuff country lift 33 inch nittos-black steelies custom spare bed mount-hilift-weathertechs-kenwood dnx5120 dvdnav headunit-remote start-painted grille surround-fog lights-grillcraft black mesh grille
    thats cool, theres still some nice people out there after all

4. Dec 20, 2008 at 6:00 PM
    Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey There's an evil monkey in my truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 DC SR5 TRD Off-road
    Weathertech front & rear mats, rear suspension TSB, Toytec AAL for TSB, Hi-Lift Jack, Bilstein 5100 & Toytec Adjustable coilovers, Built Right UCAs, KMC XD 795 Hoss Wheels, Definity Dakota MTs 285/75R16, Leer XR, Thule Tracker II & Thule MOAB basket
    There was a guy on TTora that had issues with warranty service and aftermarket parts. He wound up taking them to court and won. It's not enough for them to just point out that there are aftermarket parts on the truck. They have to prove the parts caused the problem. Most people won't fight it which is why some get away with denying warranty claims. They were blaming his aftermarket bumper for a failed weld on his motor mounts but he had photos showing a showroom truck with the same setup.

5. Dec 20, 2008 at 6:15 PM
    Cobra69

Cobra69 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Taxachusetts (Massachusetts)
    Vehicle:
    02 Tocoma TRD Expedition Setup
    2002 Tacoma TRD Access Cab, Deckplate Mod.,Grey wire Mod.,Cobra CB,Ext. Diff. Breather,E-locker rear only for now,CBI Custom Winch bumper, SAW 2.0, All Pro 5" leaf packs+Bilstiens 5150-10" shocks,Cooper STT 285x75x16 on Wheelers Type B 16x8 rims, Budbuilt front+Mid skid plates, Custom transfer crossmember+skidplate,Trail-Gear sliders,custom roof-rack,Ultimate-air CO2 tank,4-Hella 500 H.I.D. Lights,Atlas 10,000 lbs winch. Custom Half-doors for the summer.
    Most dealers will only void the warranty on after markets parts put on the truck. They will fix the rest.

So say you have new coilovers from wheelers and take it in for front suspension work......probably NOT gonna happen,but if you bring it in for anything else connected to them they should do the work.

Products Discussed in

To Top