1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

cant decide which option is best

Discussion in 'General Automotive' started by leopapio, Mar 13, 2014.

1. Mar 13, 2014 at 6:18 PM
    leopapio

leopapio [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    leo
    Id like to start off by saying im new to this site but it looks like there is alot of good info here and I plan on coming back after I purchase my truck for further assistance. Ill cut straight to the point so I dont bore anyone.

I am having trouble choosing what kind of 2014 tacoma to get after i EAS I have 21k saved up for the truck I plan on getting a loan to build some credit as well.

The base model im looking at is: double cab, 4x4, short bed, v6, automatic for $25,119

1st Dilemma is should I get a short bed or long bed?
    2nd if I will be dealing with snow which package would be better the off road or the sports or will the base package with 4x4 be good enough? Or is it better tojust get one of the packages? And what package would be best?

double cab, 4x4, short bed, v6, automatic for $25,119
    With the off-road package $28,374
    with the sports package $28,021

2. Mar 14, 2014 at 8:26 AM
    Joe D

Joe D .

Member:
    First off I'd like to thank you for serving & welcome you to TW.

I guess it really depends on you personal taste. The OR will have the locking rear differential but, would you use it in snow? I wouldn't. The Sport has the scoop, more "street" tires and some different finish on the inside. Both the OR & Sport offer "upgraded" interior & a few other toys you'll not have on the base model. All will work fine in normal use.

Long bed vs short? What will you use it for? Will you be hauling much that needs the extra length. There again, short vs. long comes with certain limitations from one to the other.

I'd be happy with any of the three but, I would suggest if the deal is right, getting a Tacoma equipped the way you want it so you'll be happier over the long run. Again just so you're okay with the money side of the deal.

I didn't see what part of the country you plan to live in or what your intended use of the truck was...

Again thanks for serving & welcome to TW.

3. Mar 14, 2014 at 8:39 AM
    T-Rex266

T-Rex266 Elon Musk Moderator

Member:
    Welcome, and thank you for your service.

As mentioned above, it comes down to what you want..when I had my Taco I got the TRD OR DCSB. I chose that truck because I wanted the locker (which came in handy for a few trails out here, in CO)
    Short bed for less bed bounce, and I enjoyed the look more.

The 'Sport' does have scoop, but it's a non-functioning scoop....

Products Discussed in

To Top