1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Georgia Boys--Good 4WD Shop?

Discussion in 'Georgia' started by gatrapper, Sep 10, 2011.

1. Sep 10, 2011 at 12:36 PM
    gatrapper

gatrapper [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Senoia, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    1998 SR5 4x4
    What are some good shops in the metro Atlanta area that do a lot of work with lifts and other custom 4wd equipment?

Im on the south side.

2. Sep 12, 2011 at 8:20 PM
    drusty

drusty Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Canton/Tifton GA
    Vehicle:
    96 4x4 6in. Fabtech lift
    6in. Fabtech lift, 33in Mud Kings,
    zachs offroad accesories but thats about an hour and half north of downtown

3. Sep 15, 2011 at 11:58 AM
    woods247

woods247 Well-Known Member

Member:
    back yonder
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport Double Cab 4x4
    SAWs front, Fox resi rear, Total Chaos UCAs, 17" BBS RD-Truck FJ Rims with 255 BFG KM2s, TRD exhaust/intake, OME Springs, All-Pro flip kit, Timbren rear bumpstops, custom spare carrier, All-Pro skids, Beefed Sliders, All-Pro front bumper, Warn M8000 w/Synth MasterPull line, Procomp 30" LED lightbar, Bestop Soft topper, Safari Snorkel, CBI Bushmaster (custom), Baja Racks Utility rack, All Pro custom bed rack, Leer 100XQ
    I'm not sure what's south but Southern Off Road off of McFarland is good.

4. Sep 15, 2011 at 12:04 PM
    SuperTacoma

SuperTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Clint
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2019 Double Cab SR5 4x4 Silver
    I was not Happy with Southern off Road. They did a 6" lift for me and put a hole in my front cv boot and had the nerve to tell me the truck is under warranty right. The dealership fixed but they shouldn't have to. Being the only place close to where I lived. I went back one more time for a body lift. I got a quote from 4wd and he said he would match it. I asked if he included the spacer for the bumper and the bed he said yes. I get there to drop it off and he gets pissy with me when I try to confirm what is included. He says he will do it. I go to pick it up and he didn't do the spacer. I had to do it myself and also didn't do the wheel spacer pieces either. I never went to the again. Just my experience.

5. Sep 15, 2011 at 1:17 PM
    woods247

woods247 Well-Known Member

Member:
    back yonder
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport Double Cab 4x4
    SAWs front, Fox resi rear, Total Chaos UCAs, 17" BBS RD-Truck FJ Rims with 255 BFG KM2s, TRD exhaust/intake, OME Springs, All-Pro flip kit, Timbren rear bumpstops, custom spare carrier, All-Pro skids, Beefed Sliders, All-Pro front bumper, Warn M8000 w/Synth MasterPull line, Procomp 30" LED lightbar, Bestop Soft topper, Safari Snorkel, CBI Bushmaster (custom), Baja Racks Utility rack, All Pro custom bed rack, Leer 100XQ
    Sorry to hear you had trouble. I've been going there for years with no problems.

6. Sep 15, 2011 at 1:27 PM
    chrisman8995

chrisman8995 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Newnan, GA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner Double Cab
    call southside liners in newnan. I dont think they do them there, however the owner used to at his last location. Cool guys too and they're pretty close to you.

7. Sep 19, 2011 at 11:08 AM
    macgyver

macgyver Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Canton, GA
    Vehicle:
    '13 Tundra double cab SR5 4x4
    What are you looking to get done? If you just want a lift installed, do it yourself. it's not that hard to do. If you need help, just bring it to my house, I have more tools than I know what to do with.

I don't take my truck to shops, I do everything myself...so my views of shops are a bit jaded. Depends on your experience level.

Southern Offroad is OK, It seems like they don't do a lot of custom fab stuff for the general public. I asked them about making some sliders for me and they looked at me puzzled when they couldn't find any to order from a catalog. Maybe it was just the person I asked... They also seem to be more about Jeeps and Domestic drop bracket douchebag trucks than toyotas.

I have purchased a recovery shackle and U-bolts from them since I work 1 exit south off of windward. I didn't have any problems with those purchases...but those transactions didn't really require much interaction.

8. Feb 9, 2013 at 1:24 PM
    pbhowell

pbhowell Active Member

Member:
    Decatur, GA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Offroad
    Daniel at Decatur Garage is a Tacoma guru

Products Discussed in

To Top