Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Georgia

Notices

Georgia Boys--Good 4WD Shop?

Old 09-10-2011, 12:36 PM   #1
gatrapper is on a distinguished road

Name: CJ
gatrapper's Tacoma Gallery
Georgia Boys--Good 4WD Shop?

What are some good shops in the metro Atlanta area that do a lot of work with lifts and other custom 4wd equipment?

Im on the south side.
Old 09-12-2011, 08:20 PM   #2
drusty is on a distinguished road
Name: David
drusty's Tacoma Gallery
zachs offroad accesories but thats about an hour and half north of downtown
Old 09-15-2011, 12:04 PM   #4
SuperTacoma will become famous soon enoughSuperTacoma will become famous soon enough

Name: Clint
SuperTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I was not Happy with Southern off Road. They did a 6" lift for me and put a hole in my front cv boot and had the nerve to tell me the truck is under warranty right. The dealership fixed but they shouldn't have to. Being the only place close to where I lived. I went back one more time for a body lift. I got a quote from 4wd and he said he would match it. I asked if he included the spacer for the bumper and the bed he said yes. I get there to drop it off and he gets pissy with me when I try to confirm what is included. He says he will do it. I go to pick it up and he didn't do the spacer. I had to do it myself and also didn't do the wheel spacer pieces either. I never went to the again. Just my experience.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:27 PM   #6
chrisman8995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchrisman8995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchrisman8995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchrisman8995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchrisman8995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchrisman8995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchrisman8995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchrisman8995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchrisman8995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchrisman8995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchrisman8995 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
chrisman8995's Tacoma Gallery
call southside liners in newnan. I dont think they do them there, however the owner used to at his last location. Cool guys too and they're pretty close to you.
Old 09-19-2011, 11:08 AM   #7
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
What are you looking to get done? If you just want a lift installed, do it yourself. it's not that hard to do. If you need help, just bring it to my house, I have more tools than I know what to do with.

I don't take my truck to shops, I do everything myself...so my views of shops are a bit jaded. Depends on your experience level.

Southern Offroad is OK, It seems like they don't do a lot of custom fab stuff for the general public. I asked them about making some sliders for me and they looked at me puzzled when they couldn't find any to order from a catalog. Maybe it was just the person I asked... They also seem to be more about Jeeps and Domestic drop bracket douchebag trucks than toyotas.

I have purchased a recovery shackle and U-bolts from them since I work 1 exit south off of windward. I didn't have any problems with those purchases...but those transactions didn't really require much interaction.
Old 02-09-2013, 01:24 PM   #8
pbhowell is on a distinguished road
pbhowell's Tacoma Gallery
Daniel at Decatur Garage is a Tacoma guru