Georgia Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Georgia

Notices

Georgia March 2012 meet!

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-07-2011, 11:21 AM   #41
Drive it like a 4WD
Gabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
Gabassman's Tacoma Gallery
I would be interested in coming to Dtown just depending on scheduling and if i get new tires. Also my cousin would probably interested in coming he has a 88 4runner running 33x12.50. So if im not able to get new tires i may just ride with him
Old 12-07-2011, 11:22 AM   #42
North Georgia Member
TacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoXtreme's Tacoma Gallery
Bringing my sportsman. if my buddy goes, he'll bring his ktm(atv).
Old 12-07-2011, 11:25 AM   #43
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoXtreme View Post
Bringing my sportsman. if my buddy goes, he'll bring his ktm(atv).
ok. cool. if more people bring 4wd atvs i may bring rhino down. and we could go for a ride and one other person that does not have anything could ride with me if i came alone.
Old 12-07-2011, 11:25 AM   #44
North Georgia Member
TacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgyver View Post
Sell your bull bar and don't buy the moto metals, you will have enough money to buy an appropriate lift.
i like my bull bar, and im trading my current wheels for some 951's plus cash.
Old 12-07-2011, 11:26 AM   #45
Mr. Boombastic
TacoIII will become famous soon enoughTacoIII will become famous soon enough

Air Force: Security forces
Name: Andrew
TacoIII's Tacoma Gallery
SWEET!!
Old 12-07-2011, 12:34 PM   #46
Yukon Cornelius
Rmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rmodel65's Tacoma Gallery
if youre doing it in march you should do it in Savannah on teh 17th for St Patricks day
Old 12-07-2011, 12:36 PM   #47
Mr. Boombastic
TacoIII will become famous soon enoughTacoIII will become famous soon enough

Air Force: Security forces
Name: Andrew
TacoIII's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmodel65 View Post
if youre doing it in march you should do it in Savannah on teh 17th for St Patricks day
That will be no bueno for me, thats the day i fly in on.
Old 12-07-2011, 12:57 PM   #48
07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AC3
Name: Josh
07NavyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmodel65 View Post
we can set up a meet and greet for that day too. lol i'll be living in savannah.
Old 12-07-2011, 01:06 PM   #49
Stop staring at me swan!
tacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tacoman15's Tacoma Gallery
as far as durhamtown goes i have heard it is not as challenging so everyone should be able to find trails that their truck is capable of handling. i was looking at the gulches meet pics and that looks like a great place but will limit a lot of people (including myself because my rear diff is open). i went to the uwharrie meet which was a great place IMO. found a great camping spot (free!!!) and the trail passes were only 5 bucks per day. i did it with no armor but it was a little sketchy in some spots but came out dent free somehow. a rear diff is also recommended but i didn't have one and did fine. i only had to avoid like 3-4 different lines and had one hell of a time.
Old 12-07-2011, 01:21 PM   #50
Bash Fabriction & Off-Road
01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
01Tac0ma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoman15 View Post
as far as durhamtown goes i have heard it is not as challenging so everyone should be able to find trails that their truck is capable of handling. i was looking at the gulches meet pics and that looks like a great place but will limit a lot of people (including myself because my rear diff is open). i went to the uwharrie meet which was a great place IMO. found a great camping spot (free!!!) and the trail passes were only 5 bucks per day. i did it with no armor but it was a little sketchy in some spots but came out dent free somehow. a rear diff is also recommended but i didn't have one and did fine. i only had to avoid like 3-4 different lines and had one hell of a time.
x2 not too challenging, just a bunch of slick trails! I had fun at Dtown though...its just not somewhere i would go for the truck trails very often but hte atv trails and tracks look like a blast!

One day i want to get up to Uwharrie as well, from the pics it looks pretty fun, but if anyone is looking for a challenge even with open/open Gulches was blast and is still do-able you will just have to be a little smarter on which lines you take and how you approach certain obstacles!
Old 12-07-2011, 01:51 PM   #51
07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AC3
Name: Josh
07NavyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
i just looked at the Gulches trail map and it looks fun and very do-able for stock to mildly built trucks.
Old 12-07-2011, 02:04 PM   #52
01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yes the majority of the trails are and the guide for your first time wont take you down anything he doesnt think you can do...but keep in mind there are also some trails that you have to meet certain requirements before they will even give you the key to get into it! So there is something for every kind of vehicle imaginable.
Old 12-07-2011, 02:09 PM   #53
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
a rear diff is also recommended but i didn't have one and did fine. i only had to avoid like 3-4 different lines and had one hell of a time.
So you're saying you did it in front wheel drive?! Man that's impressive! I too don't recommend driving without a rear diff.

Haha just messing with you. I'm open in the rear too, it take a little more effort chosing your lines.

I should have my sliders on soon (they got delivered on monday) so I'm down for a wheeling meet. I just don't want to go anywhere that's going to be a mud fest. I hate mud.
Old 12-07-2011, 02:16 PM   #54

Quote:
So you're saying you did it in front wheel drive?! Man that's impressive! I too don't recommend driving without a rear diff.

Haha just messing with you. I'm open in the rear too, it take a little more effort chosing your lines.

I should have my sliders on soon (they got delivered on monday) so I'm down for a wheeling meet. I just don't want to go anywhere that's going to be a mud fest. I hate mud.
then venture on up to gulches!

This is as dirty as i got riding trails:
Old 12-07-2011, 02:18 PM   #55
Stop staring at me swan!
tacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tacoman15's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

yeah dude i ripped that bitch right out

i almost couldn't make it up one climb but i just floored it and bam...top of the hill haha but yeah i am planning on getting some sliders too for chirstmas...from myself to myself haha
Old 12-07-2011, 02:21 PM   #56

Quote:
yeah dude i ripped that bitch right out

i almost couldn't make it up one climb but i just floored it and bam...top of the hill haha but yeah i am planning on getting some sliders too for chirstmas...from myself to myself haha
Nice, im giving a winch to myself!
Old 12-07-2011, 02:33 PM   #57
North Georgia Member

Ive never been to durhamtown with an atv or truck. i wanna go somewhere mild for my firs run. where is glutches?
Old 12-07-2011, 02:38 PM   #58

Its in Laurens, SC...but i would recommend sliders at minimum for gulches and a front bumper nxt armor wise but neither are necissary if you take it easy! Durhamtown broke my cherry and was a good trip but after the second time i felt i had seen enough from there and ventured out to new options....Ill be going to URE next rthen ill make my way to Harlan and Coal Creek!
Old 12-07-2011, 06:08 PM   #59
North Georgia Member

Cool. That was my reasoning for saying durhamtown so everyone can wheel. and i hear the new park is awesome and takes alot of articulation capabilities.
Old 12-07-2011, 07:07 PM   #60

WEll since this is a good ways away i might make it down there and finish riding the new sction...one word of advice though...Get there an hour before the place opens!!! cause if your there 30 minutes late then you will stand in a registration line for over an hour...get there around 8:30 cause i think they open at 9.

Products Discussed in this Thread