Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Georgia

Notices

Need a new hobby

Old 12-01-2012, 07:46 PM   #1
tristen is on a distinguished road
Name: Tristen
tristen's Tacoma Gallery
Need a new hobby

Well I'm 17 and realized I don't do a dang thing with my life besides school, work and xbox. I'm trying to find a hobby for my spare time. Any suggestions?
Old 12-01-2012, 07:50 PM   #2
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: National Guard: Infantry/ROTC Cadet
Name: Cam
ChamYota's Tacoma Gallery
Off-roading.

thats what im getting into. I too was doing the same thing. Now i have college to occupy my time.

Im also getting into biking. Road Cycling for now but mountain biking is what i really want to do. Just throwing somethings out there.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:07 PM   #3
engineerd is a splendid one to beholdengineerd is a splendid one to beholdengineerd is a splendid one to beholdengineerd is a splendid one to beholdengineerd is a splendid one to beholdengineerd is a splendid one to beholdengineerd is a splendid one to behold
engineerd's Tacoma Gallery
Mountain biking, road biking, trail running, orienteering, community orchestra. That's just a few of mine. But given your age I would forget about "hobbies" per se, and learn a trade. You could do worse than volunteering at an automotive or bike shop and working your way up to paid position as mechanic. Lose the Xbox....yesterday. Its as bad a meth as a life waster.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:11 PM   #4
usafwx is a splendid one to beholdusafwx is a splendid one to beholdusafwx is a splendid one to beholdusafwx is a splendid one to beholdusafwx is a splendid one to beholdusafwx is a splendid one to beholdusafwx is a splendid one to behold

Air Force: Weather Journeyman
Name: Zach
usafwx's Tacoma Gallery
buy a cheap used 2 stroke dirt bike, cheap and easy to maintain and a whole lot of fun. this of course depends on your location and ability to ride. started riding when I was 20 (a late bloomer) would trade my taco in before I got rid of my bike.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:12 PM   #5
SteelCityPickle is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelCityPickle is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelCityPickle is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelCityPickle is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelCityPickle is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelCityPickle is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelCityPickle is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelCityPickle is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelCityPickle is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelCityPickle is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelCityPickle is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andy
SteelCityPickle's Tacoma Gallery
The gym!
Old 12-01-2012, 08:13 PM   #6
Road rage is a hobby
Oowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EMS:
Name: Owen
Oowen's Tacoma Gallery
Dump the video games and get into something that you can do the rest of your life.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:20 PM   #7
Oh gravity, thou art a heartless bitch!
AvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
AvsFanTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityPickle View Post
The gym!
x2 for the gym

play a sport or two

learn how to repair/maintain your vehicle

volunteer

try dating someone

the possibilities are endless. Find something you are passionate about and go after it
Old 12-01-2012, 08:21 PM   #9
aka Frank Gallagher...
Jay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Jay
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristen View Post
Well I'm 17 and realized I don't do a dang thing with my life besides school, work and xbox. I'm trying to find a hobby for my spare time. Any suggestions?

Vagina
Old 12-01-2012, 08:22 PM   #10
dfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Goose
dfrugia's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay238 View Post
Vagina
Expensive but a good idea
Old 12-01-2012, 08:29 PM   #12
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Vagina
Old 12-01-2012, 08:30 PM   #13
.45%er
the.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Nick
the.sight.picture's Tacoma Gallery
gym
Old 12-01-2012, 08:32 PM   #14
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by usafwx View Post
buy a cheap used 2 stroke dirt bike, cheap and easy to maintain and a whole lot of fun. this of course depends on your location and ability to ride. started riding when I was 20 (a late bloomer) would trade my taco in before I got rid of my bike.
this, buy a quad or dirt bike for cheap on craigslist and learn how to fix it and maintain it, you'll learn and it will eat up a good amount of time.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:46 PM   #15
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
I shoot almost every weekend. Maybe get a Ruger 10/22 when you turn 18 and learn to shoot. 22 LR ammo is cheap and you can do all kinds of mods to a 10/22. You might also consider volunteering a couple hours a week at a food bank or something if you're thinking of college. Looks good on the application.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:48 PM   #16
When Hell Freezes Over I'll Ski There Too
Pchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Aviation Machinist Mate
Name: Rob I
Pchop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristen View Post
Skin flute
Old 12-02-2012, 03:42 PM   #17
tristen's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by usafwx View Post
Way ahead of you already! Need to replace the back tire though..
Old 12-02-2012, 03:47 PM   #18
tristen's Tacoma Gallery
dirtbike 3.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Need a new hobby-dirtbike-3.jpg  
Old 12-02-2012, 03:56 PM   #19
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Vagina
I need to pick that hobby up pretty soon here myself
Old 12-02-2012, 03:59 PM   #20
dont tread on me!
Kolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kevin
Kolunatic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rardigo View Post
Skin flute