Georgia Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Georgia

Notices

North East Georgia Tacoma Owners?

Old 09-15-2013, 08:38 AM   #21
Eat right, be fit, die anyway
zacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
zacharypaul89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonBD10 View Post
anybody do in wheelin around here
Went last night. We usually go 2 or 3 Saturday's out of the month. I'm in Butts Co...it's right between Atlanta and Macon
Old 09-15-2013, 01:07 PM   #22
Stop staring at me swan!
tacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tacoman15's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacharypaul89 View Post
Went last night. We usually go 2 or 3 Saturday's out of the month. I'm in Butts Co...it's right between Atlanta and Macon
Really? Where? I would love to get a group together and go to Beasley Knob.
Old 09-15-2013, 02:53 PM   #23
trdtaco2010
TRDTaco2010 is on a distinguished road
Name: kenny
TRDTaco2010's Tacoma Gallery
im in gwinnett county
Old 09-15-2013, 03:37 PM   #24
zacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoman15 View Post
Never heard of it. Where's that at? We usually just hit the trails around here on the weekends.
Old 09-15-2013, 03:44 PM   #25
TrooperJoe is a name known to allTrooperJoe is a name known to allTrooperJoe is a name known to allTrooperJoe is a name known to allTrooperJoe is a name known to allTrooperJoe is a name known to all
TrooperJoe's Tacoma Gallery
im in middle ga, warner robins area....

I was a jeep guy before i left the jeep world for the taco after 15 years of jeeps.. did alot of wheeling in the jeeps in the southeast.. haven't heard of anyone taking the taco's out anywhere but dirt roads here in GA
Old 09-15-2013, 08:17 PM   #26
Stop staring at me swan!
tacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Never heard of it. Where's that at? We usually just hit the trails around here on the weekends.
It's in Blairsville. I think it is about 3 hours from you so not far!
Old 09-16-2013, 08:52 AM   #27

Quote:
It's in Blairsville. I think it is about 3 hours from you so not far!
Not bad at all. I might have to check that place out!
Old 09-16-2013, 09:29 AM   #28
Stop staring at me swan!

Quote:
Not bad at all. I might have to check that place out!
Just noticed you have a prerunner. Do you have a locker? You will really need one if not. I'm open/open but 4x4 and I struggled a decent amount lol either way someone will be able to pull ya up if not!
Old 09-16-2013, 10:56 AM   #29

Quote:
Just noticed you have a prerunner. Do you have a locker? You will really need one if not. I'm open/open but 4x4 and I struggled a decent amount lol either way someone will be able to pull ya up if not!
I'm saving up for a locker and winch now. I googled Beasley Knob and I definitely think I'll need a locker lol. That place looks serious.
Old 09-16-2013, 11:38 AM   #30
Stop staring at me swan!

Quote:
I'm saving up for a locker and winch now. I googled Beasley Knob and I definitely think I'll need a locker lol. That place looks serious.
I'm thinking about throwing a Lockrite in mine. In a perfect world, I would prefer a Detroit but you can get locked f/r with 2 Lockrites for the price of one Detroit.

Its not as serious as the videos look IMO.
Old 09-17-2013, 12:12 PM   #31
gfolds is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement:
Name: George
gfolds's Tacoma Gallery
Paulding County
Old 09-17-2013, 04:09 PM   #32

Quote:
I'm thinking about throwing a Lockrite in mine. In a perfect world, I would prefer a Detroit but you can get locked f/r with 2 Lockrites for the price of one Detroit.

Its not as serious as the videos look IMO.
How reliable are Lockrite's on a daily driver? I love their price, but I drive about 80 miles round trip a couple times a week for school. I want a locker, but I can't have anything that's gonna be messing up my daily driving. I don't really know much about lockers lol
Old 09-17-2013, 06:55 PM   #33
Stop staring at me swan!

Quote:
How reliable are Lockrite's on a daily driver? I love their price, but I drive about 80 miles round trip a couple times a week for school. I want a locker, but I can't have anything that's gonna be messing up my daily driving. I don't really know much about lockers lol
Do you have a manual or auto? In the manual, I've read and heard that they will "push" you further out when you are trying to turn (i.e. make your turing radius suck dong) but it is something you have to adjust your driving habits to. If you don't have a manual, then you're pretty much golden. They will "pop" occasionally when doing tight turns, but that is just it ratcheting to keep from binding your driveline. They are pretty good option for a budget from what I've read, with the only major flaw being that the internal springs and pins have been known to break, but replacing them is easy and a new spring kit is like $20? It is a option I am heavily considering, but like you I do not want to lose drivability. I think it will just being something you have to get used to and know that it is back there. Accelerating through turns will be different as well.
Old 09-18-2013, 09:18 AM   #34

Quote:
Do you have a manual or auto? In the manual, I've read and heard that they will "push" you further out when you are trying to turn (i.e. make your turing radius suck dong) but it is something you have to adjust your driving habits to. If you don't have a manual, then you're pretty much golden. They will "pop" occasionally when doing tight turns, but that is just it ratcheting to keep from binding your driveline. They are pretty good option for a budget from what I've read, with the only major flaw being that the internal springs and pins have been known to break, but replacing them is easy and a new spring kit is like $20? It is a option I am heavily considering, but like you I do not want to lose drivability. I think it will just being something you have to get used to and know that it is back there. Accelerating through turns will be different as well.
Mine is an auto. I was just checking to make sure that I wouldn't be driving sown the interstate and my rear axle bind up or something lol.
Old 09-18-2013, 08:48 PM   #35
Stop staring at me swan!

Quote:
Mine is an auto. I was just checking to make sure that I wouldn't be driving sown the interstate and my rear axle bind up or something lol.
No no nothing like that. The only time you would ever see/hear anything would be wheeling or making sharp turns while accelerating.
Old 10-20-2013, 09:37 PM   #36
Dj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dylan
Dj318's Tacoma Gallery
I go to college in young hairris, and just tried beasley a couple weeks ago, but i was way to nervous as im basically stock, bent my skid plate up and decided i couldnt go any further. With a locker, skids, sliders and a few friends i wouldnt imagine any one would have a problem. however there are a few trails/old roads that have some decently entertaining obstacles.
Old 10-21-2013, 04:19 PM   #37
I deal with dead animals
meatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
meatman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj318 View Post
I go to college in young hairris, and just tried beasley a couple weeks ago, but i was way to nervous as im basically stock, bent my skid plate up and decided i couldnt go any further. With a locker, skids, sliders and a few friends i wouldnt imagine any one would have a problem. however there are a few trails/old roads that have some decently entertaining obstacles.
Hell you need to come in the store and introduce yourself! I run the meat dept. in the Blairsville Ingles
Old 10-21-2013, 04:21 PM   #38
I deal with dead animals
meatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

meatman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
If you do....... Make sure you include me!!!
Old 10-22-2013, 04:28 AM   #39
Dj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dylan
Dj318's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by meatman View Post
Hell you need to come in the store and introduce yourself! I run the meat dept. in the Blairsville Ingles

what days you work? Ill def swing by some time this week or next! Id love to take a look at your truck!
Old 10-22-2013, 03:37 PM   #40
I deal with dead animals

meatman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj318 View Post
what days you work? Ill def swing by some time this week or next! Id love to take a look at your truck!
Everyday 7-4 except Sunday and Wednesday (my days off)