Anyone in the Columbus ga area?

Old 01-18-2014, 07:52 PM   #21
Rocktoy07 is on a distinguished road
Army: Combat Medic, Prior service
Name: Logan
Rocktoy07's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNGRCaldera View Post
Well I want to lift my truck and I would rather do it myself. However I don't think I have the tools or knowledge I need in my garage. Rocktoyo did your 1st gen tacoma have roof rack? and have you ever jumped with RTB?
Ive got tools and am more than willing to help you out when the time comes. Just let us know what your planning and we can get you hooked up, most things shouldnt take more than a day really.

This was my first gen.
Never jumped with RTB. I did jump school back in 2000. 5 jump chump for me!!
Old 01-18-2014, 08:01 PM   #22
Mr. Boombastic
TacoIII will become famous soon enoughTacoIII will become famous soon enough

Air Force: Security forces
Name: Andrew
TacoIII's Tacoma Gallery
Late to the party fellas but I am from Moultrie. When I get home next month I will be going to Eufala area to do some camping.
Old 01-20-2014, 10:06 PM   #23
RNGRCaldera is on a distinguished road

Army: Army Ranger
RNGRCaldera's Tacoma Gallery
Hey guys so I am about to order my suspension kit, before I do should I buy a coilover kit for the front? or just buy the coils and shocks seperately? Its cheaper to buy them seperately but if its going to be more of a hasel or something I cant do in my garage I wont.
Old 01-20-2014, 10:10 PM   #24
TacomaWill is a splendid one to beholdTacomaWill is a splendid one to beholdTacomaWill is a splendid one to beholdTacomaWill is a splendid one to beholdTacomaWill is a splendid one to beholdTacomaWill is a splendid one to beholdTacomaWill is a splendid one to behold

Name: Will
TacomaWill's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hey guys so I am about to order my suspension kit, before I do should I buy a coilover kit for the front? or just buy the coils and shocks seperately? Its cheaper to buy them seperately but if its going to be more of a hasel or something I cant do in my garage I wont.

Odds are you don't have a coil compressor, so you couldn't assemble them in your garage. You could always rent a coil compressor from advanced auto parts or somewhere like that, but they are cheap and hard to use.
I would go ahead and buy assembled coilovers if it were me.
That's what I did, and I'm happy I did.
What coilovers are you getting?
Old 01-20-2014, 10:12 PM   #25
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
I'm here in town too.

I ordered my OME kit assembled too. Jokers around here charge out the ass to assemble them.
Old 01-20-2014, 10:14 PM   #26
TacomaWill is a splendid one to beholdTacomaWill is a splendid one to beholdTacomaWill is a splendid one to beholdTacomaWill is a splendid one to beholdTacomaWill is a splendid one to beholdTacomaWill is a splendid one to beholdTacomaWill is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by medic2230 View Post
I'm here in town too.

I ordered my OME kit assembled too. Jokers around here charge out the ass to assemble them.

Tell me about it man.
They charge you an arm and a leg, and they don't even know what the hell they're doing.
I wish we had a true "off road" shop here in town. One that actually sold "off road" products and not just cheap junky spacer lifts and eagle alloy 22" rims.
Old 01-20-2014, 10:18 PM   #27

Thanks, I am going to get the All pro bilstein coil-overs
Old 01-20-2014, 10:19 PM   #28
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
They don't have one like that cause no one wants to pay for a real lift. Everyone wants a lifted truck for as little money as possible. There's a bunch of mall crawlers and street queens around here. A true "off road" shop would be out of business in no time in this area.
Old 01-20-2014, 10:21 PM   #29
Ditch Doctor

EMS:
BTW if you get LR UCA's, Tires 1st knows about them. They did my alignment and got it dead on. They are also a SPC dealer (The makers of LR UCA's).
Old 01-21-2014, 07:03 AM   #30

Quote:
Thanks, I am going to get the All pro bilstein coil-overs

Nice.
I'd definitely be down to help you get it all installed. Shouldn't take more than a few hours.
Are the shackles you are getting greasable
Old 01-21-2014, 06:28 PM   #31

These are the shackles I was thinking of getting, Should I get greasable shackles?
Old 01-21-2014, 09:43 PM   #32

Quote:
These are the shackles I was thinking of getting, Should I get greasable shackles?

Honestly I don't really know man.
My logic would tell me that if you put grease on something underneath your truck and then go off road, dirt and dust and gunk is going to stick to the grease and cause problems.
Idk though, research it a little I guess and see what other people say
Old 01-21-2014, 09:50 PM   #33
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: National Guard: Infantry/ROTC Cadet
Name: Cam
ChamYota's Tacoma Gallery
Fuck columbus. haha I went to do BCT/AIT at Ft.Benning, i said i'd never return to Columbus GA again haha
Old 01-21-2014, 09:59 PM   #34
"It's Alright We got 37s" -JJ
BYJOSHCOOK has a spectacular aura aboutBYJOSHCOOK has a spectacular aura about

Name: Josh
BYJOSHCOOK's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not in Columbus but if you guys are ever in the Cobb area or Marietta just hit me up!
Old 01-22-2014, 06:53 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChamYota View Post
Fuck columbus. haha I went to do BCT/AIT at Ft.Benning, i said i'd never return to Columbus GA again haha

Every one of my friends that is stationed at Ft. Benning says that same crap!
Most of the people in ft. Benning never actually come to the nice part of Columbus. South Columbus/ft. Benning is shitty. It's the worst part of town. If you came up to north Columbus, you'd love it.
Old 01-22-2014, 06:36 PM   #36

Yeah you have to get pass exit 6 to see the good side of Columbus.
Old 01-26-2014, 02:03 PM   #37
dustin.gidney is on a distinguished road
Army: Infantry
Name: Dustin
dustin.gidney's Tacoma Gallery
im stationed at benning, I'm down to go offroading. I've been trying to find some people to. might as well go with other tacomas right?
Old 01-31-2014, 06:11 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustin.gidney View Post
im stationed at benning, I'm down to go offroading. I've been trying to find some people to. might as well go with other tacomas right?

Post up some pics of your taco!
Old 01-31-2014, 07:16 PM   #39

Quote:
so I installed my front coil overs, and rear shackles. However I am having some issues with the rear 5100 shocks. I can't seem to make them fit, They are to long. Am I doing something wrong?

You have to compress them by hand to be able to get them in there
Old 01-31-2014, 08:48 PM   #40
dustin.gidney is on a distinguished road
Army: Infantry
Name: Dustin
dustin.gidney's Tacoma Gallery
I'm sure you have seen me around. its got a patriots sticker in the back window. i think I'm the only one with a black roof too
Attached Thumbnails
Anyone in the Columbus ga area?-1478952_10153634362860088_1518431149_n.jpg   Anyone in the Columbus ga area?-181290_10152872020340088_910726010_n.jpg