Georgia Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Georgia

Notices

Georgia registration question

Old 01-28-2014, 11:40 AM   #1
ecr6cyl10 is a glorious beacon of lightecr6cyl10 is a glorious beacon of lightecr6cyl10 is a glorious beacon of lightecr6cyl10 is a glorious beacon of lightecr6cyl10 is a glorious beacon of lightecr6cyl10 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Eddy
ecr6cyl10's Tacoma Gallery
Georgia registration question

Hey guys I am probably moving out there next year and I was wondering what vehicle registration is out there? Moving around Smyrna.
Old 01-28-2014, 08:23 PM   #4
XxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr.Chow
XxTHe FioLOxX's Tacoma Gallery
Here is a link , let know if it works
http://www.dmv.org/ga-georgia/car-re...cle-in-Georgia
Old 05-04-2014, 09:35 PM   #5
Give Me Taco, Or Give Me Death
JohnNP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnNP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnNP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnNP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnNP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnNP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnNP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnNP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnNP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnNP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnNP is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JohnNP's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecr6cyl10 View Post
Hey guys I am probably moving out there next year and I was wondering what vehicle registration is out there? Moving around Smyrna.
Also, make sure when you get your Drivers License that you sign up for the "appointments" with the DMV for out of state transfers. Makes the process of getting your GA license SOOO easy. Last I remember you call the number on the DMV website to make an apt, they may now have it to where you can make an apt online.
Old 08-01-2014, 06:12 AM   #6
Middle Age Member
oldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to behold
oldstick's Tacoma Gallery
And be prepared for a shock too. The car dealers in GA lobbied and got passed a new system for the tax on vehicles. They replaced the state sales tax on a vehicle purchase with a one time "value tax" that every buyer has to pay every single time a vehicle changes hands. Even if you buy from a private individual. This value tax also applies to anyone bringing in and registring a vehicle from another state. I think it is a certain percentage (6%??) of the book value of the vehicle.

The dealers wanted it so bad because it eliminated the advantage of buying from a private individual (no sales tax on that before the new law.)

But the upside to it is we no longer have to pay the annual "ad valorum" taxes on the vehicle as before. Just the $20 tag/regristation fee every year.