Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Georgia

Notices

New from Ellijay / Cumming / Gainesville

Old 04-18-2014, 09:37 AM   #1
Cohutta is on a distinguished road

Name: Mike
Cohutta's Tacoma Gallery
New from Ellijay / Cumming / Gainesville

What's up everyone - long time lurker and Tacoma owner here. Started off with a 95 Tacoma which lasted me through high school and college years ago. Wound up upgrading to an '04 extended cab prerunner two years ago and after introducing it to a tree a few weeks back I went ahead and made the jump to a 2011 4 cylinder extended cab 5 sp 4wd which I've been loving so far.

Anyways I'm currently living in Cumming, working around the Gainesville area and spend most weekends back in Ellijay hunting, fishing, kayaking, mountain biking and all the usual outdoor shenanigans. Looking to make it to one of the upcoming meets here soon, so I hope to see you guys around.

Mike
Attached Thumbnails
New from Ellijay / Cumming / Gainesville-imag0153.jpg   New from Ellijay / Cumming / Gainesville-imag0971.jpg   New from Ellijay / Cumming / Gainesville-imag1442.jpg   New from Ellijay / Cumming / Gainesville-imag1471.jpg  
Old 04-18-2014, 06:08 PM   #2
The force is strong with this one.
TRD Auddie is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Load Toad
Name: Austin
TRD Auddie's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome from a fellow lurker and noob!
Old 04-24-2014, 10:44 AM   #3
GA Boy is on a distinguished road

Name: Jimmy
GA Boy's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW. I'm in Dallas, GA but my parents live in Double Head Gap area right down from Blue Ridge WMA.
Old 04-25-2014, 05:33 AM   #4

Cohutta's Tacoma Gallery
Lemme know if you're ever up this way, my folks like on big Creek, just a few minutes down the road. Gonna be up this weekend riding motorcycles and kayaking
Old 04-25-2014, 05:52 AM   #5

GA Boy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cohutta View Post
Lemme know if you're ever up this way, my folks like on big Creek, just a few minutes down the road. Gonna be up this weekend riding motorcycles and kayaking
I'll be up in a couple of months to see my parents & brother. I'm up there more often during hunting season, but I do need to get my kayak in the water lol....
Old 04-25-2014, 06:06 AM   #6
DawsonvilleDave is one of the sharper tools in the shedDawsonvilleDave is one of the sharper tools in the shedDawsonvilleDave is one of the sharper tools in the shedDawsonvilleDave is one of the sharper tools in the shedDawsonvilleDave is one of the sharper tools in the shedDawsonvilleDave is one of the sharper tools in the shedDawsonvilleDave is one of the sharper tools in the shedDawsonvilleDave is one of the sharper tools in the shedDawsonvilleDave is one of the sharper tools in the shedDawsonvilleDave is one of the sharper tools in the shedDawsonvilleDave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
DawsonvilleDave's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to the forum. I'm in Dawsonville so I have probably seen you on 400 a few times.
Old 04-30-2014, 04:24 PM   #7

Cohutta's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Boy View Post
I'll be up in a couple of months to see my parents & brother. I'm up there more often during hunting season, but I do need to get my kayak in the water lol....
I heard that, I've spent every weekend the past month or two in Ellijay turkey hunting, and practically live up there during deer season.
Old 04-30-2014, 04:26 PM   #8

Cohutta's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawsonvilleDave View Post
Welcome to the forum. I'm in Dawsonville so I have probably seen you on 400 a few times.
No doubt, I'm usually making the run up 400 to the chestatee river to kayak back down to Lanier after striper.
Old 04-30-2014, 06:41 PM   #9

GA Boy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I heard that, I've spent every weekend the past month or two in Ellijay turkey hunting, and practically live up there during deer season.
Turkey season is my Dads favorite season, He said its been slow this year the birds been coming in quiet. I missed a great chance at a bear during muzzle loader season so it's haunted me all year. I've replayed it over and over in my head LOL
Old 05-01-2014, 04:54 AM   #10

Cohutta's Tacoma Gallery
Hell yeah they have, I've only heard a handful of gobbles, and missed one bird early on. I'm gonna be hunting these last few weeks of the season hars but we'll see. And speaking of bears, I started bow hunting for deer last year and actually had a bear come under my stand. I didn't even know where to aim on the thing, but drew back on him for about a full 2 minutes watching he wander around. Pretty cool to see, may try and take one this fall.
Old 05-02-2014, 05:13 AM   #11

GA Boy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hell yeah they have, I've only heard a handful of gobbles, and missed one bird early on. I'm gonna be hunting these last few weeks of the season hars but we'll see. And speaking of bears, I started bow hunting for deer last year and actually had a bear come under my stand. I didn't even know where to aim on the thing, but drew back on him for about a full 2 minutes watching he wander around. Pretty cool to see, may try and take one this fall.
Yeah, pop one this fall if you get a chance. There's been some big ones taken in that area around Big Creek. My parents had one on the porch a few months back tearing into the grill. In the spring and summer they walk up the drive way sometimes while they are grilling fresh trout. I guess they just can't resist.