Georgia Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Georgia

Notices

Mid October Wheeling Trip to Helen, Georgia

Old 09-09-2014, 10:55 AM   #1
Barry Landscaping
bryanbyers28 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbryanbyers28 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbryanbyers28 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbryanbyers28 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbryanbyers28 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbryanbyers28 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbryanbyers28 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbryanbyers28 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbryanbyers28 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbryanbyers28 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbryanbyers28 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryan
bryanbyers28's Tacoma Gallery

Update Nov. 10, 2014. Here are all of the video I have made for the trip! Hope everyone enjoys. Feel free to post them on your build pages.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zq54y3ex0Ic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBHQQwepeVE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PosYxL9itAI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UR9yWOeck1M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yO83u26JZjE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49Jaesi9Mbg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zBReuC3vIQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aO_e-RKQyXk

WE HAVE SWITCHED THE DAYS OF THE TRIP!
OCT. 18 (SAT.)= BELL MTN/CHARLIE'S CREEK
OCT. 19(SUN.)= TRAY MTN
Take a look at the schedule to see what the changes look like

I have talked to a guys and we are looking to do another TacomaWorld Meet up in North Georgia in Mid October.
The trails we would be going on would be located on Tray Mountain, Bell Mountian, and Charlie Creek.

CLICK HERE for a review of Tray Mountain. Link was provided by Mad T
CLICK HERE for a review of Bell Mountain. Link was provide by TRD Auddie

CLICK HERE for review on Charlie's Creek. Link was provided by TRD Auddie

Tray Mountain was my first wheeling trip. I was nervous for my first time, but the trails were what I expected!
A stock Tacoma is capable of making it on the trails. Don't worry Prerunners and 2WD trucks, we had two 2WD
truck able to conquer the trails! Not to difficult and not to boring to where its just gravel roads the entire time!
The guys I went with were exceptional!

Here is a ON TRAIL video from my GoPro at Tray Mountain.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isPa...csrbMb1u1UkPAw

Here is ON TRAIL video from Charlie's Creek.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=ZWN6I0L48Eg
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________________

Soooooo this time around we are looking to camp out one weekend. I was talking to Mad T and a few other gents from TW,
we agreed that October 18-19 would be a good weekend to camp out. If you don't want to camp out, that's fine! Feel free to come up for either
Saturday or Sunday!

As of right now the plans are as follows:
Saturday, October 18:
8:00AM meet at the Ingles Parking Lot(Addresses listed below)
8:30AM Depart from parking lot to head to trails at Bell Mountain/ Charlie's Creek
10:00AM Finish up at Bell Mountain and head to Charlie's Creek
11:00AM Arrive at Charlie's Creek and start out on trails
12:00PM Break for lunch either on or off the trail
1:30PM Reconvene to lay out the rest of the afternoon and decide where to camp
4:00PM Later afternoon set up camp at designated camping location/Dinner
Sunday, October 19:
8:00AM Wake up
9:00AM Packed up ready to go, Head to second meeting location
10:30AM Arrive at second meeting location at Habersham Winery

11:00AM Depart from parking lot to head to trails at Tray Mountian
12:30PM Lunch on trails
2:00PM Finish up at Bell Mountain and head to Charlie's Creek
Upon finishing Tray Mountain, head home

All times above are fluid and are more than likely to change. Just wanted to get some type of schedule going.

The addresses for meeting locations are listed below:

Ingles Market
94 N. Main St.
Hiawassee, GA. 30546

Habersham Winery
7025 Helen Hwy
Sautee Nacoochee, Ga 30571

As of right now this is who we have on the list to go:
bryanbyers28
Mad T riding along with bryanbyers28
J1Time
BYJOSHCOOK
xaqori
TRD Auddie
Traviste
ChadXTacoma
suttonkb
TacoMater
Merik325
Dj318
Shortman5
EddyRRT
meatman
Jason (Old Toyota)
Doug (Jeep Cherokee)
Nick walker (Sunday only)
RadTaco914 (Sunday only)
Cooters94 (Sunday only)
fuscotj (Sunday only)
TacoMeSir (maybe Sunday)

I will keep the original post updated with details to come like where to meet, camping locations, people who will be attending, etc.

Any questions, comments, or concerns please send me a PM!
__________________________________________________ ________________________________________________

I have started a packing list for the fellas who are looking to camp after wheeling Tray Mountain.
This is what I have so far:
Tent
Tarp
Rope
Hammock
Sleeping Bag
Foam/Air Pad
First Aid Kit
Bear Bag
Flash Light/ Head Lamp
Change of Clothes
Sturdy Shoes
Toiletries
Trash Bags
Plenty of water
Food
Small Stove
Mess Kit (Dishes)
Water Bottles
Eating Utensils
Fire Wood
Lighter/matches
Kindling/Tinder (Not the dating app)
Cooler
Knife
Hand Ax
Lantern
Toilet paper
As well as all of your wheeling/trail gear

Old 09-09-2014, 11:28 AM   #2
Mad T is on a distinguished road

Name: Thomas
Mad T's Tacoma Gallery
I'm totally in! Just so you guys know Bryanbyers28 and I wanted to make a really awesome video which would mean us, friends or other riders to get out and film cool shots, get ahead of the group to film as the crew drives by and so on. Check out his awesome gopro edit above. I had some inspiration from some videos on youtube from the JK Experience. I'll post some links below later. Hope a lot of you guys can join! It's been super fun every time.
Old 09-09-2014, 11:32 AM   #3
gblake is on a distinguished road
Army:
Name: Blake
gblake's Tacoma Gallery
You know I'm in!
Old 09-09-2014, 11:34 AM   #4
That guy...
J1Time is a splendid one to beholdJ1Time is a splendid one to beholdJ1Time is a splendid one to beholdJ1Time is a splendid one to beholdJ1Time is a splendid one to beholdJ1Time is a splendid one to beholdJ1Time is a splendid one to behold

Law Enforcement:
J1Time's Tacoma Gallery
I am down for that weekend. Put me on list.
Old 09-09-2014, 12:40 PM   #5
I </3 Math.
TRD Auddie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD Auddie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD Auddie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD Auddie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD Auddie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD Auddie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD Auddie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD Auddie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD Auddie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD Auddie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD Auddie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Load Toad
Name: Austin
TRD Auddie's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in tentatively according to how funds look after OXE!
Old 09-09-2014, 02:11 PM   #6
Ratio
BYJOSHCOOK has a spectacular aura aboutBYJOSHCOOK has a spectacular aura about

Name: Josh
BYJOSHCOOK's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in for sure! My gf or possibly my dad will be coming with!
Old 09-09-2014, 02:23 PM   #7
NorGATaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Brent
NorGATaco's Tacoma Gallery
Going to try and make it
Old 09-09-2014, 02:23 PM   #8
NorGATaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Brent
NorGATaco's Tacoma Gallery

EDIT: I would only be up for wheeling on tray.
Old 09-09-2014, 09:26 PM   #10
Dj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dylan
Dj318's Tacoma Gallery
Ehh I may try to make it that Sunday to do bell and Charlie's
Old 09-09-2014, 09:39 PM   #11
s3bpc1 is on a distinguished road

Navy: Vet
Name: Paul
s3bpc1's Tacoma Gallery
Wish I could make it that weekend. Will be in Talladega for the races.
Old 09-10-2014, 06:06 AM   #12
Barry Landscaping
bryanbyers28 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbryanbyers28 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbryanbyers28 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbryanbyers28 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbryanbyers28 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbryanbyers28 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbryanbyers28 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbryanbyers28 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbryanbyers28 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbryanbyers28 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbryanbyers28 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

The list of people attending has been updated
Old 09-10-2014, 06:50 AM   #15
I deal with dead animals
meatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
meatman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xaqori View Post
Hey MEATMAN! I see you lurking. Join us!
I do that alot! This is the time of year i cannot commit to anything (deer season)
Old 09-10-2014, 06:58 AM   #16
Barry Landscaping

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatman View Post
I do that alot! This is the time of year i cannot commit to anything (deer season)
I have been notified by TRD Auddie that this weekend is opening weekend for deer season. So fellow hunters viewing the page I have an option for you! Go hunting on Saturday! Then meet up with us on Sunday! Best of both worlds!
Old 09-10-2014, 07:02 AM   #17
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. DTOM
xaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zac
xaqori's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanbyers28 View Post
I have been notified by TRD Auddie that this weekend is opening weekend for deer season. So fellow hunters viewing the page I have an option for you! Go hunting on Saturday! Then meet up with us on Sunday! Best of both worlds!
Spot on
Old 09-10-2014, 07:53 AM   #18
Mad T is on a distinguished road

Name: Thomas
Mad T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

And or Friday late afternoon after work or saterday morning. I know you guys get out there at like 4:30 in the morning to set up before light I'm so pumped to have a lot of people going!! If you know any other people on tacomaworld OR not on here please invite. The more the better.
Old 09-10-2014, 08:03 AM   #19
dirty Nissan driver
gravedgr is one of the sharper tools in the shedgravedgr is one of the sharper tools in the shedgravedgr is one of the sharper tools in the shedgravedgr is one of the sharper tools in the shedgravedgr is one of the sharper tools in the shedgravedgr is one of the sharper tools in the shedgravedgr is one of the sharper tools in the shedgravedgr is one of the sharper tools in the shedgravedgr is one of the sharper tools in the shedgravedgr is one of the sharper tools in the shedgravedgr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
gravedgr's Tacoma Gallery
Subbed so I can check calendar.
Old 09-10-2014, 08:51 AM   #20
I deal with dead animals
meatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
meatman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I have been notified by TRD Auddie that this weekend is opening weekend forGUN season. So fellow hunters viewing the page I have an option for you! Go hunting on Saturday! Then meet up with us on Sunday! Best of both worlds!
fify