Georgia Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Georgia

Notices

Drag race

Old 11-16-2014, 08:00 AM   #1
thewarriordinghy is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewarriordinghy is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewarriordinghy is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewarriordinghy is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewarriordinghy is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewarriordinghy is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewarriordinghy is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewarriordinghy is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewarriordinghy is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewarriordinghy is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewarriordinghy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
thewarriordinghy's Tacoma Gallery
Drag race

is there any drag strips near gwinnett? if so how much and when are the open? google didn't real help me on this one....
Old 11-16-2014, 04:44 PM   #2
Cooters94 is on a distinguished road

Cooters94's Tacoma Gallery
commerce is the closest i would think, check their web site for test n tune nights. pretty sure they have a stringent tech inspection though. i've always run at paradise, brainard, or silver dollar when i wanted to run the 1/4 mile. brainard might only be an 1/8 mile track, but its a nice track. i could get low 1.7 60' there on bfg drag radials
Old 11-16-2014, 06:07 PM   #3
I </3 Math.
TRD Auddie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD Auddie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD Auddie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD Auddie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD Auddie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD Auddie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD Auddie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD Auddie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD Auddie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD Auddie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD Auddie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Load Toad
Name: Austin
TRD Auddie's Tacoma Gallery
Definitely Commerce.
Old 11-16-2014, 06:09 PM   #4
thewarriordinghy is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewarriordinghy is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewarriordinghy is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewarriordinghy is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewarriordinghy is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewarriordinghy is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewarriordinghy is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewarriordinghy is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewarriordinghy is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewarriordinghy is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewarriordinghy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

What the tech inspection? My trucks emission legal?
Old 11-17-2014, 08:56 AM   #5

if you're racing your truck, you should pass fine and shouldn't need anything except a helmet maybe, again i'd check their website.
Old 11-17-2014, 12:09 PM   #6

yeah, too bad there all closed for awhile :/ im gunna make my truck a racetruck... but I did read about the helemet, think theyd rent em out? (I doubt the Tacoma beats the 13 sec quarter to need one)
Old 11-17-2014, 12:22 PM   #7

pretty sure paradise runs rear round on sudays. check their website. only an eight mile but still fun and a nice track. a lot of folks complain that track doesn't hook up. those folks also run street tires at the track so what do you expect. check the pictures on their web site of all the cars hanging the front tires in the air and tell me that track doesn't hook! paradise is as laid back of a track as you'll find (helmet required though), a lot of history there. feels like your in the 60's when you go.
Old 11-17-2014, 12:29 PM   #8

i'd run your truck stock and see how you like drag racing (spoiler alert you're gonna fucking love it). if i were you, i'd keep your truck stock and buy a "race" car. get an older mustang or camaro for $1k or less, build a budget motor for $3k or less, weld the rear and put some steep gears in it, cheap ass nitrous kit, and embarass the shit out of modded z06's and cobras all day.
Old 11-17-2014, 01:15 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooters94 View Post
i'd run your truck stock and see how you like drag racing (spoiler alert you're gonna fucking love it). if i were you, i'd keep your truck stock and buy a "race" car. get an older mustang or camaro for $1k or less, build a budget motor for $3k or less, weld the rear and put some steep gears in it, cheap ass nitrous kit, and embarass the shit out of modded z06's and cobras all day.
I always wanted a race truck though....and a Toyota.... great idea though, sounds like something to ask my dad if he wants to do. but how much are helmets usually? and it don't matter if I spraypaint a design on one or anything does it?
Old 11-17-2014, 05:41 PM   #10
I </3 Math.
TRD Auddie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD Auddie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD Auddie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD Auddie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD Auddie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD Auddie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD Auddie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD Auddie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD Auddie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD Auddie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD Auddie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Drag race

No as long as it's a DOT legal helmet. Can probably pick one up online or a motorcycle shop like mountain motorsports or ProLine out closer to loganville for around a hundred.

If you go to ProLine, talk to James (manager/owner's son), and tell him Auddie sent ya.
Old 11-17-2014, 06:29 PM   #11

all this is quickly adding up lol....
Old 11-20-2014, 08:13 AM   #12
I </3 Math.

Gotta pay to play...
Old 12-04-2014, 11:41 AM   #13
onebadtaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Taylor
onebadtaco's Tacoma Gallery
I work at the track in Commerce, so let me know if you have any questions about tech. We will start running again in late March.
Old 12-04-2014, 12:07 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewarriordinghy View Post
I always wanted a race truck though....and a Toyota.... great idea though, sounds like something to ask my dad if he wants to do. but how much are helmets usually? and it don't matter if I spraypaint a design on one or anything does it?
do an s10 if you want a truck. i had a 89 model i put a 350 in few years back. lots of aftermarket support for that swap. lots of used parts you can score to help with the budget. the s10s have weak rears so a junk yard swap would be necessary to ensure it wouldn't grenade your first launch, assuming you could get it to hook up (i never could). a third gen camaro would be the cheap route to take.