Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

1st Gen Extra cab Sub box Group Buy Maybe????

View Poll Results: Enclosure size?
8" with 2 or 3 forward firing subs 0 0%
10" down firing with one sub 11 64.71%
12" down firing with one sub 6 35.29%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-03-2010, 04:01 PM   #21
boshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to behold

Name: Tony
boshak's Tacoma Gallery
Not trying to rip anyone off. He reevaluated his costs on the box, took his margin down, and is offering a great price. No one was locked into a deal here, we were all just talking prices.

Check out the link guys!
Old 09-03-2010, 04:07 PM   #22
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
No he realized that that people on this site are not stupid enough to pay his crazy prices.

I highly recommend waiting to buy a sub box at least until you guy see my desgin. I should have the desgin completed by next week.
Old 09-03-2010, 04:25 PM   #23
mattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shed
mattleegee's Tacoma Gallery
you guys keep bashing eachothers threads
Old 09-03-2010, 04:42 PM   #24
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattleegee View Post
you guys keep bashing eachothers threads
I'm really not trying to I just hate to see people get ripped off. I'll admit Justin's new pricing is a lot better now. I just don't like the forward facing sub.
Old 09-03-2010, 04:42 PM   #25
boshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to behold

Name: Tony
boshak's Tacoma Gallery
I'm done after this. I started a thread to get interest and get prices to a reasonable level. JLee came in and undercut the guy (respect) but never gave him a chance to work it out. Now that Just-Installs is offering us a group buy and a quicker lead time, we're hearing it from JLee.

Let's do both group buys... it's a preference of what size box and what look you want. If you have a better box then build it. Like I said in my original thread, I've personally been waiting for a box too long and I want something ASAP... and Just-Installs can do that.
Old 09-03-2010, 04:59 PM   #26
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
no more Thread bashing I just posted this thread to help people out so that's what I'm going to do.
Old 09-07-2010, 07:08 AM   #27
Desiel has a spectacular aura aboutDesiel has a spectacular aura about
Name: Kyle
Desiel's Tacoma Gallery
10" box....

I have a JL 10" and a Memphis 12" but I agree that a 10" sounds better but put me down for one of the 10" boxes especially if we can get free shipping!
Old 09-08-2010, 04:09 PM   #28
Desiel's Tacoma Gallery
Any updates for us JLee? Pics? progress?
Old 09-08-2010, 04:12 PM   #29
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desiel View Post
Any updates for us JLee? Pics? progress?

I will have a line drawing that i can post tomorrow I'm starting the fab work hopefully by the end of the week. So I should have some pics buy the end of the weekend.
Old 09-08-2010, 08:01 PM   #31
jblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT United States Marine Corps
jblaze805's Tacoma Gallery
woohoo cant wait, very excited
Old 09-08-2010, 10:31 PM   #32
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Ok up date here is a basic sketch of the MDF frame work. The rest will be fiber glass and is custom so i will have a final shape when I wrap it in fleece. I'm kinda going off the JL design but I'm going to enlarge the top where the magnet will sit so that it will accommodate most 10" subs and add a little more air space. I will have some photos this weekend of the frame work in my truck maybe even wrapped so stay tuned.

Old 09-09-2010, 08:34 PM   #33
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Bump for update
Old 09-10-2010, 05:59 AM   #34
Desiel's Tacoma Gallery
Huh?

Bump for update? I haven't gathered the 'bump' concept yet. lol
Old 09-10-2010, 08:03 AM   #35
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
"Bump" puts you to the top of the list on the home page so the members can see your Thread.
Old 09-11-2010, 09:24 PM   #36
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Okay update.

I built the frame work for the box today and it turned out pretty good it fits like a glove. Here are some photos of what the frame looks like in the truck.

Disregard all the bracing that's just to get a shape with the fiberglass it will all be out tomorrow.
I made the box with just over 8" mounting depth so just about any 10" should fit.
(Note) you will not be able to open the center console all the way but as you can see it's still accessible.

Another thing I also made it so you don't have to remove your cup holders like the JL box.

Relocation of the seat belt buckles. They are still bolted to the factory location just moved from the clips on the back wall.

Another thing you will have to remove the storage bin behind the console it's pretty much useless anyway with a box in this location.

Stay tuned glassing starts tomorrow then you will really be able to see the shape.
Old 09-11-2010, 09:48 PM   #37
Desiel's Tacoma Gallery
My 01' SR5 don't have the storage under the console or the storage place on the back of it. This will fit in an 01' also I assume?
Old 09-11-2010, 10:02 PM   #38
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desiel View Post
My 01' SR5 don't have the storage under the console or the storage place on the back of it. This will fit in an 01' also I assume?
Can you post a pic

Also can you measure the distance from the back of the console to the seat hump?
Old 09-11-2010, 10:23 PM   #39
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
On second thought I don't need the pic if your saying your console don't flip up like mine your fine I can just adjust the angle of the sub ring and it's will fit just fine.

Just to be safe can you take those measurements?
Old 09-12-2010, 09:30 AM   #40
Desiel's Tacoma Gallery
Here's how the SR5's are made...