1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rigid Industries LED Lighting Group Buy

Discussion in 'Group Buys' started by viperstd, Sep 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sep 13, 2010 at 10:49 AM
    viperstd

viperstd [OP] Tacoma convert

Member:
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    09 4x4 TRD SR5 DC LB
    AllPro Front and Rear trail armor & full skid plates, Demello Hybrid Rock Crushers, Old Man Emu suspension, Warn 8000# winch, PIAA SMR fogs, perforated + heated leather seats, in-dash DVD/NAV/Sound, RE subs
    I am happy to announce that the great folks at Rigid Industries have indicated that they would be able to do a group buy! The president/CEO is speaking with his partners and determining the details of the group buy. I hope to hear back tomorrow.

For those of you that are still in the dark (couldn't resist) about who Rigid Industries is and what they make, check out their website: http://www.rigidindustries.com/

They make the toughest, brightest, most bad ass LED lighting on mother Earth. I've compared their products to vision X, phantom, magna, signal, and all of the others. The Rigids are the real, made-in-America deal. Check out youtube if you want to see their lights submerged in water, shot with with a rifle, shotgun, pistol, and beaten with a 2x4.

I am trying to get a feel for how many people are interested in a GB, and what products grab your fancy.

I am personally down for a 40 "E-Series" and a pair of Dullies!

Cheers,
    Seth

UPDATE:________________________________________________
    Rigid got back to me and they are proposing that the purchase of an 'E' series light 10" or bigger gets a free Dually ($109 value)!
    The 10" is $399 through their site and a dually is $109. This works out to 21% discount.

The 10" bar throws 3200 lumens w/ 38 Watts. This puts it in single HID territory. However, it has a 50,000 HR life and the light is low profile. What do you guys think?
    UPDATE 2:________________________________________________
    Sorry guys. This deal is a no go. The folks at RI basically told us that the deals on ebay are better than they are willing to do. They are not willing to compete with their authorized dealers.

If you are still interested in some RI lighting, try contacting member TBK224.

Cheers

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Sep 13, 2010 at 10:53 AM
    TanSR5x4

TanSR5x4 Hold my beer and watch this

Member:
    First Name:
    William
    Houston TX
    Vehicle:
    00 Tacoma SR5 4x4
    Deckplate mod, black KC slimlight fogs, hurculined bed, NRA sticker mod, painted rear chrome bumper black, black fender flares and front grill surround, HIDs, All-pro rear leafs and UCAs, Eibach coilovers, billys all around, flat black pro comps, 31x10.5x15 BFG KM2s
    whoa those things are pretty intense! but they look pretty pricey

but those duallys look cool

curious about the details

3. Sep 13, 2010 at 11:16 AM
    Chachie

Chachie Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Nor Cal
    Vehicle:
    '06 TRD OR, 4x4, Auto, 6" Fabtech, 35's
    Locker mod, Anytime fog mod, always 400w mod.
    I would be down if they did like 75% off. Nothing against them i just cant justify spending even 800 on a light bar.

4. Sep 13, 2010 at 11:34 AM
    JTO

JTO Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner Sport
    looks like they are waterproof too... might be pretty sick to transfer from your truck to your boat or jetski during the summer.

5. Sep 13, 2010 at 11:57 AM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    depends on pricing.

6. Sep 13, 2010 at 1:08 PM
    amaes

amaes Cuz Stock Sucks

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2011 FJ Built
    ICON Stage 6, RCI Skids, Blacked out
    If pricing is still too high there in another company that makes them for a lot less.

7. Sep 13, 2010 at 2:53 PM
    viperstd

Member:
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    09 4x4 TRD SR5 DC LB
    AllPro Front and Rear trail armor & full skid plates, Demello Hybrid Rock Crushers, Old Man Emu suspension, Warn 8000# winch, PIAA SMR fogs, perforated + heated leather seats, in-dash DVD/NAV/Sound, RE subs
    There is no other company out there making anything near this quality or value. The "other companies" that are 50% cheaper are:
    1) Cheap chinese knockoffs that hurt the American Economy
    2) Cheap chinese knockoffs that will break
    3) Cheap chinese knockoffs that do not perform in any manner that bears a real comparison

Vision-X is one of the few companies that is also making a solid product. They draw more power and throw less light. They are also built in Korea...

To the poster that said 75% off, these are machine aluminum bodies with modern generation LEDs. 80 modern 3W LEDs can easily cost over $500. Then add a machined aluminum body, optics (which need to be designed and make a light), wiring, power drives, etc... and the cost goes up. Check out a forum like candlepower if you want to see what it would cost to build one of these bad boys.

HID is less expensive. You can throw 4 HIDs on your roof instead and get great performance. However, HIDs are relatively delicate, vibrate/shake, aren't low profile, and unless you spend some money not particularly cheap for a good beam pattern.

My $0.02. I thought you guys were going to be all over this!

8. Sep 13, 2010 at 3:06 PM
    amaes

amaes Cuz Stock Sucks

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2011 FJ Built
    ICON Stage 6, RCI Skids, Blacked out
    I can tell you now people here on TW aren't willing to shell that kind of cash out for lights. THey have a hard time spending the $60 on Hellas much less $600.
    Also If you read articles and reviews LEDs are GREAT from close up lighting but HIDs will give you a longer viewing because they project farther. Ideally you'd want LEDs mounted on the bumper and HIDs on the roof. This would give you the best possible light out put over the whole distance range. Also this whole Everything other then RI is crap is stupid. phantom lighting makes that same exact thing for 40% less and THey are also ran on multiple race trucks. and with my 20% off discount I get its even cheaper. Don't be going and bashing other companies unless you have seen the lights in person. I have seen all other brand and these and they are all the same quality except a of weird no name brands are cheap. Also at the Night race I got to see first hand how well everything preformed because I was in the pits. Also Because these are made in the USA they would be more expansive because labor here is a lot more then other countries. I'm not saying these Light are crap because they are not but you are going to have a hard time finding people willing to do a group buy with you.

9. Sep 13, 2010 at 3:07 PM
    neontrail

neontrail ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈

Member:
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2004 NISSAN XTERRA XE/SE
    De-badged, Tint 20%, Blue 48 LED dome-light, .......
    nice!!![​IMG]

10. Sep 13, 2010 at 3:10 PM
    18seeds

18seeds Well-Known Member

Member:
    Interested

11. Sep 13, 2010 at 3:28 PM
    viperstd

Member:
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    09 4x4 TRD SR5 DC LB
    I'm not going to respond to all of this, since I really don't want to derail the thread. If you aren't interested, that is fine, don't post in the group buy thread. Done.
    Yes they are spendy. Of course, 4 Soltek Fuego HID lights will cost about $1400.
    I never said anything other than RI was crap... I even specifically pointed out another company making solid lights.
    umm.. excuse me, your ignorance is showing sir...
    …being made in the USA doesn’t make them likely to get expand.. ;)

Yes, USA made is typically more expensive. It is worth it. It helps you, it helps me, it helps other Americans... that is important to me. The chinese products are cheaper for a lot of reasons... and Q.C. is a big one. I don't like sacrificing on quality.

No hard feelings mate. I am just trying to hook up some fellow enthusiasts with some Killer, American Made Lighting.

:Cheers:

12. Sep 13, 2010 at 3:29 PM
    viperstd

Member:
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    09 4x4 TRD SR5 DC LB
    Sick Buggy! I want! I WANT!

13. Sep 14, 2010 at 9:51 AM
    JRW1223

JRW1223 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jordan
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    07 DCab 4x4 sport
    All Pro long travel, All Pro Front bumper, BFG 285/75/16, American Racing Ledge Wheels 16x8, Vision X 8.7" Tungsten Halogen Off Road Lights
    Depends on price for me too.

14. Sep 16, 2010 at 9:58 PM
    taco084gb

taco084gb No matter where you go there you are.

Member:
    First Name:
    Galen
    NorCal
    So is this still a possibility. I would be interested in the 6" fog lights. Damn they look heavy duty and being LED is a plus. If not will still look at getting these soon.

15. Sep 17, 2010 at 5:10 AM
    viperstd

Member:
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    09 4x4 TRD SR5 DC LB
    I am still working with them to try and get a better deal. The first deal that RI proposed is great if you want a 10" E series light!

I have hopes that we can come to an arrangement where the value of the discount scales with what you purchase. I will keep everyone posted.

16. Sep 17, 2010 at 12:36 PM
    taco084gb

taco084gb No matter where you go there you are.

Member:
    First Name:
    Galen
    NorCal
    Thanx. I am really only interested in the 6" fog lights which are in the Amber. I like the rectangular style and the Piaa's I have just dont cut it. So looking at these and there durability it sounds like a good product. So keep us informed. Hope this works out. Any savings is good no matter the price. And since they are made in the USA is great.

Galen

17. Sep 17, 2010 at 10:09 PM
    JRW1223

JRW1223 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jordan
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    07 DCab 4x4 sport
    All Pro long travel, All Pro Front bumper, BFG 285/75/16, American Racing Ledge Wheels 16x8, Vision X 8.7" Tungsten Halogen Off Road Lights
    What was the deal on the 10" E Series lights?

18. Sep 18, 2010 at 7:08 AM
    viperstd

Member:
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    09 4x4 TRD SR5 DC LB
    It is in my first post. The deal (as it stands) was that a the purchase of a 10" or bigger light gets a free dually.

19. Sep 18, 2010 at 7:35 AM
    rcbs204

rcbs204 Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    Too rich for my blood, I could probably make the same item out of luxen stars (ledsupply.com) and some time. They are getting a premium for those leds, the average cost for the leds a piece is about $6.25 ea.
    However with that said, i am interested in the Dually, those are pretty cool and would make great reverse lights.

UPDATE: So what is the cost of the pair of dually's with the flood option. the rigid cost is $200.00 would be interested if we could get them for $180.00 shipped.

20. Sep 18, 2010 at 8:20 AM
    iSTIZO99

iSTIZO99 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Jax, FL
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Sport 4x4 DC/SB
    I've seen these before on a Ford Raptor. They looked badass, but too much for me at this time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top