Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

Rigid Industries LED Lighting Group Buy

Old 09-13-2010, 10:49 AM   #1
Tacoma convert
viperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant future
Navy: DoN civilian
viperstd's Tacoma Gallery
Arrow Rigid Industries LED Lighting Group Buy

I am happy to announce that the great folks at Rigid Industries have indicated that they would be able to do a group buy! The president/CEO is speaking with his partners and determining the details of the group buy. I hope to hear back tomorrow.

For those of you that are still in the dark (couldn't resist) about who Rigid Industries is and what they make, check out their website: http://www.rigidindustries.com/

They make the toughest, brightest, most bad ass LED lighting on mother Earth. I've compared their products to vision X, phantom, magna, signal, and all of the others. The Rigids are the real, made-in-America deal. Check out youtube if you want to see their lights submerged in water, shot with with a rifle, shotgun, pistol, and beaten with a 2x4.

I am trying to get a feel for how many people are interested in a GB, and what products grab your fancy.

I am personally down for a 40 "E-Series" and a pair of Dullies!

Cheers,
Seth

UPDATE:___________________________________________ _____
Rigid got back to me and they are proposing that the purchase of an 'E' series light 10" or bigger gets a free Dually ($109 value)!
The 10" is $399 through their site and a dually is $109. This works out to 21% discount.

The 10" bar throws 3200 lumens w/ 38 Watts. This puts it in single HID territory. However, it has a 50,000 HR life and the light is low profile. What do you guys think?
UPDATE 2:________________________________________________
Sorry guys. This deal is a no go. The folks at RI basically told us that the deals on ebay are better than they are willing to do. They are not willing to compete with their authorized dealers.

If you are still interested in some RI lighting, try contacting member TBK224.

Cheers
Old 09-13-2010, 10:53 AM   #2
Hold my beer and watch this
TanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: William
TanSR5x4's Tacoma Gallery
whoa those things are pretty intense! but they look pretty pricey

but those duallys look cool

curious about the details
Old 09-13-2010, 11:16 AM   #3
Chachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
Chachie's Tacoma Gallery
I would be down if they did like 75% off. Nothing against them i just cant justify spending even 800 on a light bar.
Old 09-13-2010, 11:34 AM   #4
JTO is a glorious beacon of lightJTO is a glorious beacon of lightJTO is a glorious beacon of lightJTO is a glorious beacon of lightJTO is a glorious beacon of lightJTO is a glorious beacon of light

JTO's Tacoma Gallery
looks like they are waterproof too... might be pretty sick to transfer from your truck to your boat or jetski during the summer.
Old 09-13-2010, 11:57 AM   #5
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
depends on pricing.
Old 09-13-2010, 01:08 PM   #6
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
If pricing is still too high there in another company that makes them for a lot less.
Old 09-13-2010, 02:53 PM   #7
Tacoma convert
viperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaes View Post
If pricing is still too high there in another company that makes them for a lot less.
There is no other company out there making anything near this quality or value. The "other companies" that are 50% cheaper are:
1) Cheap chinese knockoffs that hurt the American Economy
2) Cheap chinese knockoffs that will break
3) Cheap chinese knockoffs that do not perform in any manner that bears a real comparison

Vision-X is one of the few companies that is also making a solid product. They draw more power and throw less light. They are also built in Korea...

To the poster that said 75% off, these are machine aluminum bodies with modern generation LEDs. 80 modern 3W LEDs can easily cost over $500. Then add a machined aluminum body, optics (which need to be designed and make a light), wiring, power drives, etc... and the cost goes up. Check out a forum like candlepower if you want to see what it would cost to build one of these bad boys.

HID is less expensive. You can throw 4 HIDs on your roof instead and get great performance. However, HIDs are relatively delicate, vibrate/shake, aren't low profile, and unless you spend some money not particularly cheap for a good beam pattern.

My $0.02. I thought you guys were going to be all over this!
Old 09-13-2010, 03:06 PM   #8
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
I can tell you now people here on TW aren't willing to shell that kind of cash out for lights. THey have a hard time spending the $60 on Hellas much less $600.
Also If you read articles and reviews LEDs are GREAT from close up lighting but HIDs will give you a longer viewing because they project farther. Ideally you'd want LEDs mounted on the bumper and HIDs on the roof. This would give you the best possible light out put over the whole distance range. Also this whole Everything other then RI is crap is stupid. phantom lighting makes that same exact thing for 40% less and THey are also ran on multiple race trucks. and with my 20% off discount I get its even cheaper. Don't be going and bashing other companies unless you have seen the lights in person. I have seen all other brand and these and they are all the same quality except a of weird no name brands are cheap. Also at the Night race I got to see first hand how well everything preformed because I was in the pits. Also Because these are made in the USA they would be more expansive because labor here is a lot more then other countries. I'm not saying these Light are crap because they are not but you are going to have a hard time finding people willing to do a group buy with you.
Old 09-13-2010, 03:07 PM   #9
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
nice!!!
Old 09-13-2010, 03:10 PM   #10
18seeds is on a distinguished road
18seeds's Tacoma Gallery
Interested
Old 09-13-2010, 03:18 PM   #11
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
I'd agree, kind of pricey for a GB. BUT, anyone interested in general, these are probably some of the brightest lights I have ever seen. Extremely good lights. My cousin put some on his Ranger recently. Here's a couple pics I took of them on Hunter Offroad's police buggy:

Old 09-13-2010, 03:28 PM   #12
Tacoma convert
I'm not going to respond to all of this, since I really don't want to derail the thread. If you aren't interested, that is fine, don't post in the group buy thread. Done.
Quote:
I can tell you now people here on TW aren't willing to shell that kind of cash out for lights. THey have a hard time spending the $60 on Hellas much less $600.
Yes they are spendy. Of course, 4 Soltek Fuego HID lights will cost about $1400.
Quote:
this whole Everything other then RI is crap is stupid. phantom lighting makes that same exact thing for 40% less and THey are also ran on multiple race trucks. and with my 20% off discount I get its even cheaper.
I never said anything other than RI was crap... I even specifically pointed out another company making solid lights.
Quote:
I have seen all other brand and these and they are all the same quality except a of weird no name brands are cheap. Also at the Night race I got to see first hand how well everything preformed because I was in the pits.
umm.. excuse me, your ignorance is showing sir...
Quote:
Also Because these are made in the USA they would be more expansive because labor here is a lot more then other countries.
…being made in the USA doesn’t make them likely to get expand..

Yes, USA made is typically more expensive. It is worth it. It helps you, it helps me, it helps other Americans... that is important to me. The chinese products are cheaper for a lot of reasons... and Q.C. is a big one. I don't like sacrificing on quality.

No hard feelings mate. I am just trying to hook up some fellow enthusiasts with some Killer, American Made Lighting.

:Cheers:
Old 09-13-2010, 03:29 PM   #13
Tacoma convert
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post

Sick Buggy! I want! I WANT!
Old 09-13-2010, 10:39 PM   #14
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by viperstd View Post
Sick Buggy! I want! I WANT!
Hunter offroad built it all from the ground up, custom. He used a chevy frame and that's about it I think...he does work with the sheriff dept., hence why he built the buggy. He's a good dude.
Old 09-14-2010, 09:51 AM   #15
JRW1223 is just really niceJRW1223 is just really niceJRW1223 is just really niceJRW1223 is just really niceJRW1223 is just really nice
Navy:
Name: Jordan
JRW1223's Tacoma Gallery
Depends on price for me too.
Old 09-17-2010, 05:10 AM   #17
Tacoma convert
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco084gb View Post
So is this still a possibility. I would be interested in the 6" fog lights. Damn they look heavy duty and being LED is a plus. If not will still look at getting these soon.
I am still working with them to try and get a better deal. The first deal that RI proposed is great if you want a 10" E series light!

I have hopes that we can come to an arrangement where the value of the discount scales with what you purchase. I will keep everyone posted.
Old 09-17-2010, 12:36 PM   #18
No matter where you go there you are.
taco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Galen
taco084gb's Tacoma Gallery
Thanx. I am really only interested in the 6" fog lights which are in the Amber. I like the rectangular style and the Piaa's I have just dont cut it. So looking at these and there durability it sounds like a good product. So keep us informed. Hope this works out. Any savings is good no matter the price. And since they are made in the USA is great.

Galen
Old 09-17-2010, 10:09 PM   #19
JRW1223 is just really niceJRW1223 is just really niceJRW1223 is just really niceJRW1223 is just really niceJRW1223 is just really nice
Navy:
Name: Jordan
JRW1223's Tacoma Gallery
What was the deal on the 10" E Series lights?
Old 09-18-2010, 07:08 AM   #20
Tacoma convert
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRW1223 View Post
What was the deal on the 10" E Series lights?
It is in my first post. The deal (as it stands) was that a the purchase of a 10" or bigger light gets a free dually.