LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

HID Xenon Group Buy Round 18! Ends 10/18/10

Old 10-06-2010, 04:04 PM   #21
slimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant future

slimcubby's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman.USAF View Post
Is the 50w an option I can easily add/remove? I mean, if I could get both and just swap out for the 35w's if I get hassled that'd be the best of both worlds for me.
The 50w vs 35w kit is totally different. They have different rated bulbs, ballasts, and wiring harness. So it would be a huge PITA if you really wanted to switch from 35w to 50w. Trust me though the 35w is way brighter than the halogens.
Old 10-06-2010, 04:33 PM   #22
meeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: g
meeestirg's Tacoma Gallery
$84.95-124.95?!?!?!?!?!

are you kidding me? and don't say cause they are made in "JAPAN" or "EUROPE", that would be a lie. ALL manufactures of the ballasts are in china or taiwan. ALL the bulbs are made by philips or overseas. slim or regular ballasts. do not be tricked into the extra $20 for the slim ballasts, slim ballasts were originally made for motorcycles and they have a higher chance of over heating cause everything is packed in so tight and close together. we have enough room for the regular ballasts. any honest HID dealer will tell you that.

the average price for a pair of HID's is $60 - $65 complete. maybe an extra $5 - $10 sometimes for slim ballasts. depending on who is selling it. but i get them for $60 - $65 regular or slim, $85 for the bixenon kit, plug n play, 1 year warranty. if you need repair's its $20 a pair of bulbs and $40 for a pair of ballasts that's how it breaks down. and and for special bulbs its like $10 - $15 more. but still beats $85 - $125 a pair....

last time i checked (yesterday) the prices were
$65 for slim or regular ballasts 3000k-12000k
$85 for slim or regular ballasts 3000k-12000k bixenon bulb
$20 for extra bulbs
$45 for extra bixenon bulbs
$40 for extra ballasts
$15 for the "50w" relay

the "$30 50w kit" is just a $10-$15 replay that supplies power to your lights directly from your battery. its for people who have sound systems or older car. for sound systems, when your subs bump they draw too much power and your lights will do a quick fade every bump from the sub and on older cars it just saves the wires from over heating. your stock headlight wires can support about 10 times the amount of energy pulled by an HID ballast, so there's nothing to worry about...

the "bixenon" bulb is an HID with a regular bulb soldered on next to it to act as your high beam.
there is nothing "digital" about these ballasts. its a light, you're not sending data or images, the slims are the same deal just packed into a smaller case and spread out to another smaller case a few inches away.

what's your warranty? anything more than 2 years is a lie, don't say lifetime cause that would be a lie too and you do not have a lifetime supply of bulbs or ballasts.
HID bulbs only last about 2 years before they start to fade in color or flicker. the ballasts should at least double that lifetime. thats why there is no such thing as a "lifetime" warranty for HID kits.

fyi for everyone who installs HIDs. NEVER FLASH YOUR HIDs. the bulbs take time to warm up each and every time (high intensity discharge) you will kill your bulbs if you do. and when installing do not touch the bulb with your bare hands, the oils from your skin will stay on the bulb and the heat from the bulb will start to fry it up and kill your bulb.

these don't even have a brand name or warranty to be priced that high...

please stop ripping off fellow forum members.
Old 10-06-2010, 05:11 PM   #23
fishinsteeg234 is on a distinguished road

Name: Alex
fishinsteeg234's Tacoma Gallery
hey meeestirg, why don't you start your own group buy then toughguy. slimcubby's deal sounds legit to me. Can you beat it?
Old 10-06-2010, 05:25 PM   #24
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Dude, if you don't like it, don't buy it. Stop thread crapping on Paul's GB thread. He's had a shitload of happy customers than not. Members make their own decisions whether to buy from him or not, no one's pointing a gun to their heads and making them buy his HIDs. If they feel it's too expensive then they won't buy it, pretty damn simple. If you don't like it, then move along.
Old 10-06-2010, 05:50 PM   #25
meeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishinsteeg234 View Post
hey meeestirg, why don't you start your own group buy then toughguy. slimcubby's deal sounds legit to me. Can you beat it?
im sure it's legit, but you guys are getting ripped off at that price. of course i can beat it without being a group buy. i was just putting it out there, but if you guys are good with it, idc.
Old 10-06-2010, 05:53 PM   #26
Quote:
Originally Posted by humanoid View Post
Dude, if you don't like it, don't buy it. Stop thread crapping on Paul's GB thread. He's had a shitload of happy customers than not. Members make their own decisions whether to buy from him or not, no one's pointing a gun to their heads and making them buy his HIDs. If they feel it's too expensive then they won't buy it, pretty damn simple. If you don't like it, then move along.
im not saying that anyone is forcing them too buy it, im just saying before you buy it from here im sure you can find the same thing WAY cheaper without the pretty names to bump up the prices.
Old 10-07-2010, 06:45 AM   #27
David Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David Tarantino's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeestirg View Post
im not saying that anyone is forcing them too buy it, im just saying before you buy it from here im sure you can find the same thing WAY cheaper without the pretty names to bump up the prices.
you pay for what you get if you dont like his prices dont buy

I have bought from slim and will when i need more light kits
Old 10-07-2010, 07:47 AM   #28
tervanun is a name known to alltervanun is a name known to alltervanun is a name known to alltervanun is a name known to alltervanun is a name known to alltervanun is a name known to all

Name: Danny
tervanun's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

fyi for everyone who installs HIDs. NEVER FLASH YOUR HIDs. the bulbs take time to warm up each and every time (high intensity discharge) you will kill your bulbs if you do. and when installing do not touch the bulb with your bare hands, the oils from your skin will stay on the bulb and the heat from the bulb will start to fry it up and kill your bulb.
Well I'm glad he mentioned this b/c for those of you who don't know or realized it, HID's are just like florescent lights... They take a second or two to warm up or completely turn on and are not designed for instantaneous on/off operation. Not gonna lie, I've played with office lighting in my past to try to "strobe" them... Its not that fun, they're too slow.

Quote:
I haven't bought from this guy yet but I don't know what "pretty names" you're talking about. I see "HID" and "ballasts". I've worked in electronic manufacturing, those are technical names not pretty ones...
Old 10-07-2010, 07:48 AM   #29
tervanun is a name known to alltervanun is a name known to alltervanun is a name known to alltervanun is a name known to alltervanun is a name known to alltervanun is a name known to all

Hey Slim, do you have any pictures of the 3000k installed?
I've always wanted yellows just to be different + help in bad weather
Old 10-07-2010, 08:33 AM   #30
Stuardoslls is a glorious beacon of lightStuardoslls is a glorious beacon of lightStuardoslls is a glorious beacon of lightStuardoslls is a glorious beacon of lightStuardoslls is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Stuart
Stuardoslls's Tacoma Gallery
Im in this time..

Just to make sure...I have a 2002 taco with 9003 bulbs...i need to get the H4's right?
do i need to get the bi xenon for the high beams to work?
Old 10-07-2010, 09:24 AM   #31
slimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by tervanun View Post
Hey Slim, do you have any pictures of the 3000k installed?
I've always wanted yellows just to be different + help in bad weather
Here is 6k heads and 3k fogs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuardoslls View Post
Im in this time..

Just to make sure...I have a 2002 taco with 9003 bulbs...i need to get the H4's right?
do i need to get the bi xenon for the high beams to work?
You are correct you need H4 bixenon.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:52 AM   #32
UG legend wannabe
snowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
snowgod06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
$84.95-124.95?!?!?!?!?!

please stop ripping off fellow forum members.

i was intrigued by all your info and will take that into account. But dude, Why do you have to be a tool and shit in this thread like that? People have there own choices if they want to deal with slim or not. They choose what they want on their own research. So unless you want to go through all the work that slim does to set all this up for us and ship them, keep comments like this to your self.
Old 10-07-2010, 02:55 PM   #33
taco153 is on a distinguished road
taco153's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Meeestirg,
Obviously after 17 group buys here, people seem pretty happpy with Slim and his products. Slim is a stand-up guy and backs his products up. No need for you to talk smack without any reason. Make your own thread...if you don't have anything constructive to say, shut-it!

Slim - Count me in for a set of 3k bulbs for the fog lights. I want to have a replacement set sitting around. Thanks!
Old 10-07-2010, 05:29 PM   #34
iroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to behold
iroc409's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
$84.95-124.95?!?!?!?!?!

the "bixenon" bulb is an HID with a regular bulb soldered on next to it to act as your high beam.
Many cheap kits work that way, but the set I received do not. They have a solenoid with shield. These have a single HID capsule that stays on all the time. The single HID bulb retracts towards an opening in the shield when you activate high beams. It's actually a decent system, completely unlike the HID/halogen "solution".

I am not running them in my truck, because it's just not a good idea, but the lights work great. I plan to re-purpose the kit to something more appropriate.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:15 PM   #35
Darkness89 is on a distinguished road
Darkness89's Tacoma Gallery
PM sent
Old 10-08-2010, 08:46 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness89 View Post
PM sent
Got it! Everyone that sends an order. Please be sure to make your paypal payment's when you receive your paypal invoices.

Thanks!
~Slim
Old 10-08-2010, 08:51 AM   #37
Something about something
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman.USAF View Post
Is the 50w an option I can easily add/remove? I mean, if I could get both and just swap out for the 35w's if I get hassled that'd be the best of both worlds for me.

the wattage comes from the ballasts i believe. not a very cheap solution to switch back and forth. you shouldnt have any problems with the 50w kit as long as your headlights are aimed and adjusted properly so you dont blind on comming traffic.

I had the 35w kit for 2 years and it was plenty of light for me in town.
Old 10-08-2010, 09:21 AM   #38
timbo805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimbo805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimbo805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimbo805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimbo805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimbo805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimbo805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimbo805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimbo805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimbo805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimbo805 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

timbo805's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That just shows you dont have any idea how THESE kits work, slim gives us great deals and personaly i can say his products are exelent quality never had a problem with them or slim he responds fast and sends them in a good time frame.
i dont say this to start anything but dont just shit on his gb thread.
i will be waiting for youre group buy.
-Tim
Old 10-08-2010, 08:40 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimcubby View Post
Here is 6k heads and 3k fogs.

Hey can you send me a picture of the 3K's (only) on at night?
like from inside the truck kinda thing?

And do you make anything for FJ's???

Thanks!