Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

GROUP BUY - Redline Tuning QuickLIFT hood struts

Old 07-23-2008, 08:40 PM   #21
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Wish I was allowed to spend money right now!
Old 07-23-2008, 09:49 PM   #22
AKA "06tacosport"
Lunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beth
Lunercrab's Tacoma Gallery
anyone know what the price would be for the EZdown? i might be interested...
Old 07-23-2008, 10:15 PM   #23
Banchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud of

Name: Ron
Banchi94's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06tacosport View Post
anyone know what the price would be for the EZdown? i might be interested...
Retail through Redline is $55 for the EZDown by itself. Purchasing it with a QuickLIFT saves you about $5. Depending on how many folks are interested, we may be able to get another $5 off. It's really hard to say right now until I get a head count on EZDowns also. We'll need at least 10 people interested in the EZDown to get any kind of discount, but I'll do my best to get us the best deal.
Old 07-24-2008, 12:09 AM   #24
Chris D. is on a distinguished road

Chris D.'s Tacoma Gallery
If they offered an EZ down for the 95-04 Tacoma's (I didn't see 95-04 listed)
I'd be interested in both a basic quick lift AND an EZ down..

FYI tailgates for 09's are the same as all 05+
Old 07-24-2008, 04:20 AM   #25
speedster2010 is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Just re-enlisted for Pararescue...prior Marine Corps
speedster2010's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in for the tailgate only.

07 Tacoma
Old 07-24-2008, 06:17 AM   #26
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Alright, I'm in...

mws4ua
2006 Tacoma
QuickLIFT (basic)

Looks like I make #6 (assuming Banchi is in and nobody has PM'd that I don't know about)... we're getting close!
Old 07-24-2008, 07:39 AM   #27
Banchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by mws4ua View Post
Alright, I'm in...

mws4ua
2006 Tacoma
QuickLIFT (basic)

Looks like I make #6 (assuming Banchi is in and nobody has PM'd that I don't know about)... we're getting close!
Yup, I'm in and I have two PMs. So, we are at 8 folks. I'm sure we'll get more as the time goes by.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris D. View Post
If they offered an EZ down for the 95-04 Tacoma's (I didn't see 95-04 listed)
I'd be interested in both a basic quick lift AND an EZ down..

FYI tailgates for 09's are the same as all 05+
Sorry, Chris, I think you're right about the EZDown not being made for the 95-04. I'll get a hold of the my POC and make sure, but if its not listed, then they probably don't make it.

Thanks for the clarification on the '09 tailgates.
Old 07-24-2008, 04:26 PM   #28
MPhipps is on a distinguished road
MPhipps's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eordonez View Post
why not?? is the tailgate different? i think they are the same.... if jhodge could enlighten us....
Evidently something changed in 2008 because their web site only shows a version for '05 thru '07.
Old 07-24-2008, 04:33 PM   #29
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPhipps View Post
Evidently something changed in 2008 because their web site only shows a version for '05 thru '07.
it might have not been updated yet but im pretty sure the hood structure is the same
Old 07-24-2008, 04:57 PM   #30
MPhipps is on a distinguished road
MPhipps's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoskim View Post
it might have not been updated yet but im pretty sure the hood structure is the same
Sorry,
Should have made my post more clear. I am speaking of the tailgate EZDown. The site doesn't show a solution for 2008 or '09.

I think I read something about there being a clearance issue that can't bet resolved with a design change.

If anyone know for sure please let me know.
Old 07-24-2008, 06:20 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPhipps View Post
Sorry,
Should have made my post more clear. I am speaking of the tailgate EZDown. The site doesn't show a solution for 2008 or '09.

I think I read something about there being a clearance issue that can't bet resolved with a design change.

If anyone know for sure please let me know.
I'll check with my POC at Redline. I'll let you know...nice catch, though.
Old 07-24-2008, 08:32 PM   #32
mneuls is just really nicemneuls is just really nicemneuls is just really nicemneuls is just really nicemneuls is just really nice

mneuls's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in for both.

mneuls
2008 tacoma
basic hood struts + easydown (if it fits)
Old 07-24-2008, 11:05 PM   #33
MikeS. will become famous soon enough

MikeS.'s Tacoma Gallery
a. Your TW or TN screen name MikeS.
b. Model Year (i.e, 2008 Tacoma) 2008
c. Indicate if you are interested in the hood struts only, the Tailgate EZDown only, or both regular hood struts.
Old 07-24-2008, 11:09 PM   #34

09 tailgate looked the same as the 06 on the lot..
Old 07-26-2008, 10:23 AM   #35

Exclamation No EZDown for 1995-2004 and 2008+ Tacomas

Hey Team,

Bad news for some, but there is no Tailgate EZDown available for those with a 1995-2004 and 2008-2009 model year Tacomas. The EZDown is only available for 2005-2007 model year Tacomas.

I just received this verification from my POC at Redline today. My apologies for those who fall in the 1995-2004 and 2008-2009 model years.

As of today, the headcount is at 10. Come on folks, let's get some more orders in...everyone else is doing it...it will make you feel good!
Old 07-26-2008, 09:07 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banchi94 View Post
Hey Team,

Bad news for some, but there is no Tailgate EZDown available for those with a 1995-2004 and 2008-2009 model year Tacomas. The EZDown is only available for 2005-2007 model year Tacomas.

I just received this verification from my POC at Redline today. My apologies for those who fall in the 1995-2004 and 2008-2009 model years.

As of today, the headcount is at 10. Come on folks, let's get some more orders in...everyone else is doing it...it will make you feel good!
Did they give you any reasons about the 08-09 tailgates don't interchange?

I would have really liked the tailgate setup, the hood struts I can live
without because the prop works just fine.. No modifications needed

If the tailgate deal existed, I would have just gotten the hood prop while I was in there..
Old 07-27-2008, 06:44 PM   #37
WESTern Alliance: NORCAL COAST
BeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BeefTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I am in
BeefTaco
Hood struts basic
Old 07-27-2008, 07:03 PM   #38
Dirty White Boy
Marc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marc
Marc M's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Marc M
a. Marc M
b. 2006 Taco
c. Tailgate EZDown

Would have to be better than the deal on ebaY.

Marc M
Old 07-27-2008, 07:47 PM   #39
atvking is on a distinguished road

atvking's Tacoma Gallery
I bought the EZdown for my 2008 Tacoma.First you need to remove the tailgate and lay on a blanket or a rug to protect the paint. The bolt that needs to come out of the tailgate so the new supplied bracket will fit isn't that hard to remove. You have to remove the tailgate to get the bolt out. I just laid my tailgate on a big blanket.First you need a left handed drill bit which I purchased from Harbor Freight Tools http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=38180 ($5.99) I also bought a bolt extractor kit ($6.99 in the store $7.69 on line) http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=40349 I drilled a hole in the bolt,tapped in the bolt extractor,backed out the bolt with an adjustable wrench and the bolt came right out. Then I went to Lowes and purchased an 8mm counter sunk bolt ($1.29)
I screwed in the bracket that comes with the EZdown kit. I did have to play with the cable on the tailgate to make it fold correctly when you close the tailgate. The instructions call it "cable management". Install time about 45 minutes. If you look at the old bolt that came out, you will see it has grooves in it to lock it tight in the bracket. Thats why I had to drill it out and use the extractor. It works great !
Old 07-27-2008, 09:27 PM   #40

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by atvking View Post
I bought the EZdown for my 2008 Tacoma. The bolt that needs to come out of the tailgate so the new supplied bracket will fit isn't that hard to remove. First you need a left handed drill bit which I purchased from Harbor Freight Tools http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=38180 ($5.99) I also bought a bolt extractor kit ($6.99 in the store $7.69 on line) http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=40349 I drilled a hole in the bolt,tapped in the bolt extractor,backed out the bolt with an adjustable wrench and the bolt came right out. Then I went to Lowes and purchased an 8mm counter sunk bolt ($1.29)
I screwed in the bracket that comes with the EZdown kit. I did have to play with the cable on the tailgate to make it fold correctly when you close the tailgate. The instructions call it "cable management". Install time about 45 minutes. If you look at the old bolt that came out, you will see it has grooves in it to lock it tight in the bracket. Thats why I had to drill it out and use the extractor. It works great !
Thanks for the insight, atvking! Do you have any pics? A writeup would be great with pics, too.

For those who still want the EZDown for the 2008+, I think this will help you all out.