Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

GROUP BUY - Redline Tuning QuickLIFT hood struts

Old 07-28-2008, 04:51 AM   #41
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc M View Post
Would have to be better than the deal on ebaY.
The only ones available from this company on ebay are the Elites, and they're full price ($120). This is a better deal.
Old 07-28-2008, 08:03 AM   #42
Dirty White Boy
Marc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marc
Marc M's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Marc M
Quote:
Originally Posted by mws4ua View Post
The only ones available from this company on ebay are the Elites, and they're full price ($120). This is a better deal.
Nope, I already have the elite struts, my post says I'm only interested in the EZDown.

They go for $55.00 on ebaY.

Thanks anyway..

Marc M
Old 07-28-2008, 08:12 AM   #43
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc M View Post
Nope, I already have the elite struts, my post says I'm only interested in the EZDown.

They go for $55.00 on ebaY.

Thanks anyway..

Marc M
Wow... maybe I should read more carefully. Sorry about that.
Old 07-28-2008, 08:36 AM   #44
TRDfly is a splendid one to beholdTRDfly is a splendid one to beholdTRDfly is a splendid one to beholdTRDfly is a splendid one to beholdTRDfly is a splendid one to beholdTRDfly is a splendid one to beholdTRDfly is a splendid one to behold

TRDfly's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up I'm In for Both.....Elite and EZDown 07 Taco!!!

Put me Down!!!!

a. TRDfly
b. 2007 Tacoma
c. QuickLIFT Elite AND
Tailgate EZDown (both)
Old 07-28-2008, 02:35 PM   #45
atvking is on a distinguished road

atvking's Tacoma Gallery
Just wanted to add that I had to remove the tailgate so I could get to the bolt. I just laid the the tailgate on a big blanket so I wouldn't scratch the paint.
Old 08-01-2008, 10:49 AM   #46
Bobby is on a distinguished road
Bobby's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

This will be my first 'mod'!

a. Bobby
b. 2008 Tacoma
c. hood struts only (basic ones)
Old 08-01-2008, 11:05 AM   #47
Banchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud of

Name: Ron
Banchi94's Tacoma Gallery
Headcount 8/1/08

Hey Y'all,

As of today, we have 12 folks interested. Hopefully, we'll get more, but we won't have another price cut until we hit 30+.

Last day for the Group Buy is 8/1/08. I'll keep everyone posted. Redline told me that they will open up a special website for our group buy for a limited time, so if folks aren't in the headcount by 8/1/08, you can still get on the website. I do need a headcount so we can see where our discount rate is.

Let me know if you all have any questions.
Old 08-01-2008, 02:37 PM   #49
MPhipps is on a distinguished road
MPhipps's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by atvking View Post
Just wanted to add that I had to remove the tailgate so I could get to the bolt. I just laid the the tailgate on a big blanket so I wouldn't scratch the paint.
Do you think that it is not marketed for the '08 and '09 due to the drilling required to remove the factory bolt?

I'm assuming that on the earlier models the bolt just unscrews and is swapped out with the one from the kit.

Is there any clearance issues with the added equipment while closing the tailgate? I guess I am asking if you have to use one hand to tuck the cables in as you close it up each time it is closed. If that is the case, I'm not sure it would be worth the benefit of a controlled opening if it requires two hands to close-up to keep from pinching any cables.

Sorry for all the questions but any info is appreciated.
Old 08-04-2008, 12:07 PM   #50
Yaberries is on a distinguished road

Yaberries's Tacoma Gallery
I Am In!

Yaberries
Redline Tuning QuickLIFT PLUS only

(I hope you meant 8/10 and not 8/01)
Old 08-04-2008, 03:03 PM   #51
atvking is on a distinguished road

atvking's Tacoma Gallery
EZ Down tailgate

When I went and bought this, I didn't see it was for 2007. When I tried to remove the bolt with a key wrench,I damaged the bolt. I removed the tailgate so I wouldn't mess up the bumper. Once I drilled out the center of the bolt with a left handed drill bit,and used an easy out, the bolt came out with no problems. Once the bolt is out you can see the back of the bolt has slits in it to grab and hold the bracket.Probably to keep it from backing out.
I had no clearance problems once I shaped the tailgate cable to bend.
After a few times of opening and closing the tailgate, everything works just fine.
Old 08-04-2008, 05:02 PM   #52
Chris D. is on a distinguished road

Chris D.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDfly View Post
Put me Down!!!!
Your ugly and nobody loves you
Old 08-04-2008, 07:48 PM   #53
Dirty White Boy
Marc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marc
Marc M's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Marc M
Is there a price on the EZDown yet ???

Marc M
Old 08-04-2008, 08:37 PM   #54
mycoma is on a distinguished road
mycoma's Tacoma Gallery
im in

a. mycoma
b. 2008 Tacoma DC 4x4 Off Road TRD
c. Quicklift Plus hood struts only
Old 08-06-2008, 08:52 AM   #55
Banchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud of

Update - bump

bump

Group Buy ends this Sunday, August 10th.

We're at 14 interested parties.

Thanks!
Old 08-06-2008, 09:00 AM   #56

mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banchi94 View Post
bump

Group Buy ends this Sunday, August 10th.

We're at 14 interested parties.

Thanks!
I guess the 30+ discount won't happen, but at least we have 10!

I'm looking forward to it already. Thanks again!
Old 08-06-2008, 03:40 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by mws4ua View Post
I guess the 30+ discount won't happen, but at least we have 10!

I'm looking forward to it already. Thanks again!
Ya, you and me, both! I thought for sure we would have a lot more folks in on this deal, but I'm sure most folks already have it or want to spend money on other mods that can be "seen". It's all good, though and I'm glad I could help some.

I'll keep everyone posted next week when I get the headcount to Redline and they get our online order site going for us.
Old 08-07-2008, 01:35 PM   #58
BullKnob is on a distinguished road
BullKnob's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in
1. BullKnob
2. 08 Sport
3. Hood Struts only PLUS
let me know when and where to buy
Old 08-07-2008, 02:40 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullKnob View Post
I'm in
1. BullKnob
2. 08 Sport
3. Hood Struts only PLUS
let me know when and where to buy
I'll keep everyone posted. Once I get the final headcount on Sunday, I will contact my POC at Redline first thing Monday morning. He will have a website set up for us to complete our order. I'll post that site once I get it from him. Not much longer now! Can't wait!
Old 08-10-2008, 08:07 AM   #60
Tail Gunner is on a distinguished road

Coast Guard:
Tail Gunner's Tacoma Gallery
If you are interested in this group buy, please provide the following information:

a. Your TW or TN screen name Tail Gunner
b. Model Year (i.e, 2008 Tacoma) 2005 Tacoma
c. Indicate if you are interested in the hood struts only, the Tailgate EZDown only, or both Quicklift Plus