Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

GROUP BUY - Redline Tuning QuickLIFT hood struts

Old 08-23-2008, 10:04 AM   #101
Banchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud of

Name: Ron
Banchi94's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPFeeley View Post
I went ahead and ordered the plus kit for my truck! Nice
Sweet! Thanks for joining in with us!
Old 08-23-2008, 01:06 PM   #102
MPhipps is on a distinguished road
MPhipps's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc M View Post
This was my alternate to the un-attractive fender brackets...

Marc M
Nice clean install.

I was out of town last week so I just placed my order.
Any tips on how you achieved this? Tapped hole or other additional hardware?
Thanks,
Old 08-23-2008, 01:42 PM   #103
Banchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPhipps View Post
Nice clean install.

Thanks,
Agree...this looks really good!
Old 08-23-2008, 05:10 PM   #104
Dirty White Boy
Marc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marc
Marc M's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Marc M
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPhipps View Post
Nice clean install.

Thanks,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banchi94 View Post
Agree...this looks really good!
I used the mounting ball/stud from an '81-'86 Celica/Supra. The Supras have lift cylinders front and back, whereas the Celica hatchbacks only have them in the back.

If you look very closely at the inner fender, there is a raised stamped square. The redline brackets place the ball exactly there, so the placement is perfect. All I did was drill a hole, touchup the paint and install a large backing plate to take the load from the flimsy sheetmetal.

The mounts I used are threaded to accept a nut on the backside.

This way it looks less like a bolt on added aftermarket accessory.

Marc M
Old 08-26-2008, 11:14 AM   #105
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
A friend of mine (who I now call 'Donny Downer') asked if I sprayed any 'anti-rust chemicals' to the metal that I drilled during the install.

I did not.

Did any of you? Should we be doing this? Do you think it's too late?
Old 08-26-2008, 11:20 AM   #106
Yaberries is on a distinguished road

Yaberries's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mws4ua View Post
A friend of mine (who I now call 'Donny Downer') asked if I sprayed any 'anti-rust chemicals' to the metal that I drilled during the install.

I did not.

Did any of you? Should we be doing this? Do you think it's too late?
Step 11 of the installation instructions mention using color matching paint to touch up the area you just drilled...
Old 08-27-2008, 12:47 PM   #107
Yaberries is on a distinguished road

Yaberries's Tacoma Gallery
Installed!

Did the install on these last night, took about 2 hours on the driveway while it was getting dark. Straight forward install, no hang-ups or gotchas. I scratched the bottom of my hood when the first rivet snapped its nail. No big deal, but be careful when popping the rivets. I kept the pressure up to make sure it was a good rivet and the rivet tool got away from me...the rest went with no problems. These work great, pop the hood and it raises nice and slow...love it.
Old 08-27-2008, 01:53 PM   #108
TRDfly is a splendid one to beholdTRDfly is a splendid one to beholdTRDfly is a splendid one to beholdTRDfly is a splendid one to beholdTRDfly is a splendid one to beholdTRDfly is a splendid one to beholdTRDfly is a splendid one to behold

TRDfly's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone with EZdown have problems removing the bolt/allen head on the tailgate? I'm having a heck of a time and now the things almost stripped!!! Grrrrr.......
Old 08-27-2008, 01:59 PM   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaberries View Post
Did the install on these last night, took about 2 hours on the driveway while it was getting dark. Straight forward install, no hang-ups or gotchas. I scratched the bottom of my hood when the first rivet snapped its nail. No big deal, but be careful when popping the rivets. I kept the pressure up to make sure it was a good rivet and the rivet tool got away from me...the rest went with no problems. These work great, pop the hood and it raises nice and slow...love it.
Awesome! I can't wait to install mine...I'll have time this weekend!
Old 09-02-2008, 09:24 PM   #110
tc2008 has a spectacular aura abouttc2008 has a spectacular aura about

tc2008's Tacoma Gallery
anyone wants to sell their? I missed the GB
Old 09-03-2008, 04:04 PM   #111
mad 23 is on a distinguished road

mad 23's Tacoma Gallery
Smile GB Redline Hood Struts!!!

Hey there you can still get them for that price. Jut click on the link and to cart the price is still $69.95 with free Shipping....
Old 09-04-2008, 10:55 AM   #112

Exclamation Group Buy ends this weekend!

Hey Y'all,

I just spoke with my POC at Redline and he mentioned that the Group Buy website will go offline this weekend, so if you were on the fence, I'd say order the struts before the weekend.

Thanks to all who supported the GB...I hope the struts are doing well for you.

Ron
Old 09-07-2008, 03:38 PM   #113
Dirty White Boy
Marc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marc M's Tacoma Gallery
Well, atleast this thread got me to reinstall the struts onto my new Sport Hood.

Marc M
Old 04-19-2009, 09:49 AM   #115
Mustache May
MacTaco is a glorious beacon of lightMacTaco is a glorious beacon of lightMacTaco is a glorious beacon of lightMacTaco is a glorious beacon of lightMacTaco is a glorious beacon of light

MacTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Great, great mod. I recommend it to anyone.
Old 11-16-2009, 06:39 PM   #117
Banned
tunedx is on a distinguished road
tunedx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I used the mounting ball/stud from an '81-'86 Celica/Supra. The Supras have lift cylinders front and back, whereas the Celica hatchbacks only have them in the back.

If you look very closely at the inner fender, there is a raised stamped square. The redline brackets place the ball exactly there, so the placement is perfect. All I did was drill a hole, touchup the paint and install a large backing plate to take the load from the flimsy sheetmetal.

The mounts I used are threaded to accept a nut on the backside.

This way it looks less like a bolt on added aftermarket accessory.

Marc M
Anyone know where I can get 81-86 supra mounting ball/stud for the hood struts?
Old 11-16-2009, 06:45 PM   #118
︻╦╤─
Doc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: HM1 (FMF/SW/AW)
Name: Frank
Doc.SS's Tacoma Gallery
I need to use this later
Old 11-16-2009, 07:34 PM   #119
Dirty White Boy

Marc M's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tunedx View Post
Anyone know where I can get 81-86 supra mounting ball/stud for the hood struts?
53440B BOLT, HOOD SUPPORT,
68961-14040
MA61
$6.11

Dealership maybe...

Marc M
Old 11-29-2009, 05:28 PM   #120
Banned
tunedx is on a distinguished road
tunedx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
53440B BOLT, HOOD SUPPORT,
68961-14040
MA61
$6.11

Dealership maybe...

Marc M
Did u have to take the plastic wheel well cover off to install the nut or is there easier way to do this?