LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

GROUP BUY - Redline Tuning QuickLIFT hood struts

Old 07-23-2008, 08:45 AM   #1
Banchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud of

Name: Ron
Banchi94's Tacoma Gallery
GROUP BUY - Redline Tuning QuickLIFT hood struts

ATTENTION: WE NOW HAVE OUR PURCHASING LINK SET UP - PLEASE CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING PATH TO COMPLETE YOUR ORDERS: http://www.redlinetuning.com/QL-TOY-TACOMA-gb.html

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS LINK IS ONLY GOOD FOR TWO WEEKS, SO GET YOUR ORDERS IN BEFORE SEPTEMBER 1ST!!!!

Hey Y'all,

As promised from the "Any more group buys?" thread, I have contacted Redline Tuning to see if we can get a group buy on the hood struts. I will need a final head count by August 10, 2008 (Sunday), so if you're interested, please let me know by that time. Once I get the final number, I will contact Redline and we will get the orders rolling.

This group buy is for 1995-2004 Tacomas and for 2005+ Tacomas. Please specify model year when you post. More information on the struts can be found here: http://www.redlinetuning.com/QL-TOY-TACOMA-95+.html

The cost of the hood struts are as follows (please note that there is no discount for a head count under 10, so we need at least 10 folks interested). Shipping will be calculated once we get a final head count:

Total QTY 10-29:
Redline Tuning QuickLIFT - $59.95 ($10 discount) + shipping
Redline Tuning QuickLIFT PLUS - $74.95 ($10 discount) + shipping
Redline Tuning QuickLIFT ELITE - $108.95 ($11 discount) + shipping

Total QTY 30+:
Redline Tuning QuickLIFT - $56.95 ($13 discount) + shipping
Redline Tuning QuickLIFT PLUS - $71.95 ($13 discount) + shipping
Redline Tuning QuickLIFT ELITE - $104.95 ($15 discount) + shipping

Also, we may be able to get dicounts on the Tailgate EZDown. More info about this here: http://www.redlinetuning.com/products_ezdown.html

If you are interested in this group buy, please provide the following information:

a. Your TW or TN screen name
b. Model Year (i.e, 2008 Tacoma)
c. Indicate if you are interested in the hood struts only, the Tailgate EZDown only, or both

My POC at Redline is Brian. I will be working with him directly. Once we get the final head count on 8/10, Redline will open a URL for us to complete our order. At that time, it will be open for about 2 weeks, so for those who are waivering now, you still have a chance after the 8/10 deadline. However, I still need a final head count, so we can get an idea of what discount we will get and how much shipping will cost. If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.

UPDATE 7/23/08:
Shipping is fixed at $9.81 for U.S. and approximately $24 to Canada.
Also, the hood struts are not limited to Tacomas. You can order for any make, model, or year that Redline makes a hood strut for. Redline will work this with us, too, if you want struts and EZDown for any other vehicle.

UPDATE 7/26/08:
Tailgate EZDown is for 2005-2007 Tacomas only. The bolt used to mount the gas spring does not come out on the 2008 & 2009.
Apologies to those who were hoping to get the EZDown on their 2008+. There is no EZDown model for the 1995-2004 models.

UPDATE 8/11/08:
OK y'all, I have the headcount at 17, with two folks interested in the EZDown. I'm not sure on price for the EZDown, but I'll make sure they try to at least beat the eBay price of $54.69. I was able to get us a shipping rate of $9.50 to match the eBay shipping cost. I will send out the info to my Redline POC in a few minutes, and I will post up the website where we will place our orders. Please note that all 17 buyers need to place their orders BEFORE the units are shipped!!! So, we need those who are committed to make sure they place their orders right away, so folks won't be waiting on your butts! I may even just give him a headcount of 15. Here is the list of committed parties:

1. tigerfan00 - 2002 QuickLIFT Basic
2. MPhipps - 2009 ELITE
3. Evilbullit - 2001 Basic
4. mws4ua - 2006 Basic
5. mneuls - 2008 Basic - EZDown will not fit 2008
6. Mike S. - 2008 Basic
7. BeefTaco - 2008 Basic
8. Marc M - 2006 EZDown only if it is less than $54.69 on eBay
9. TRDfly - 2007 ELITE and EZDown
10. Bobby - 2008 Basic
11. Yaberries - 2008 PLUS
12. mycoma - 2008 PLUS
13. BullKnob - 2008 PLUS
14. Tail Gunner - 2005 PLUS
15. MotoXFreeStyle61 - 2006 Basic/PLUS/ELITE????
16. Mythotik - 2007 PLUS
17. Banchi94 - 2008 PLUS

UPDATE 8/12/08:
I just heard back from my POC at Redline. It appears that they are closed this week for vacation. It is a small shop, so this is not surprising. They will have our purchasing website ready for us on August 18th. He mentioned that he was going to give us the 20+ pricing, which I don't know what that means...maybe we'll have a slight discount between the 10-29 and 30+ pricing. He also promised us the $9.50 shipping in the US. Also, he will work out a deal on the EZDowns.

I apologize for the one week delay, but I do thank y'all for your patience. I know, I'm getting a bit anxious myself. I'll let you all know when our purchase link is up, but please let me know if you have any questions.

UPDATE 8/18/08:
We know have our purchasing link up and ready for us to complete our orders. All of the prices are there for us to click on for each model year. The EZDown is at $49.95 + shipping. Remember that we need to have the 16-17 committed folks to complete their orders before the units are sent out, so get your orders in! Here is the link: http://www.redlinetuning.com/QL-TOY-TACOMA-gb.html

Thanks again for your interest, and let me know how everything goes!
Old 07-23-2008, 09:36 AM   #2
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
I've got hood struts and they are great. Definitely recommend this mod for everyone that does their own service.
Old 07-23-2008, 09:52 AM   #3
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
damn it, sounds very good, im gonna give it a thought....
Old 07-23-2008, 10:52 AM   #4
Displaced Texan
MotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to all

Air Force: 1LT
MotoXFreeStyle61's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MotoXFreeStyle61 Send a message via MSN to MotoXFreeStyle61
This looks pretty good. I've been meaning to get some hood struts. Ok, in laymen's terms whats the difference between the Reg, Plus, and ELITE? I saw on the website the Reg has a 2yr warranty while the ELITE has a 4yr.
Old 07-23-2008, 10:57 AM   #5
Banchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoXFreeStyle61 View Post
This looks pretty good. I've been meaning to get some hood struts. Ok, in laymen's terms whats the difference between the Reg, Plus, and ELITE? I saw on the website the Reg has a 2yr warranty while the ELITE has a 4yr.
I think it just has to do with what kind of parts are used...the metal (stainless steel) and seals are a bit better on the Elite. The PLUS is pretty much the Regular, but with black parts - its supposed to be a mix between the Regular and Elite. Honestly, between the PLUS and ELITE, a difference in functionality will probably not be noticed.
Old 07-23-2008, 11:10 AM   #6
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
If I could score a set of trunklid struts for an '87 Celica GT-S in this deal I'm in
Old 07-23-2008, 11:34 AM   #7
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banchi94 View Post
Honestly, between the PLUS and ELITE, a difference in functionality will probably not be noticed.
What about those of us deciding b/w the standard and the PLUS? Think there will be a difference in functionality?
Old 07-23-2008, 11:59 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mws4ua View Post
What about those of us deciding b/w the standard and the PLUS? Think there will be a difference in functionality?
There is no difference between the Regular and PLUS models, except that the PLUS models have black anodized parts. This is more for looks than an actual difference in functionality and materials.

The ELITE models don't have a functionality difference, but the parts are "better". IMHO, I think the PLUS is good enough...that way the parts are black and blend in well, but that's just an appearance issue. If you get under the hood a lot, I would say get the ELITE, since you'll be opening and closing your hood more often than those who don't necessarily work on their trucks all the time. The average Joe will be fine with the Regular and PLUS models.
Old 07-23-2008, 12:00 PM   #10
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
i'm in for some

Tigerfan00
2002 Tacoma
hood struts only (regular ones)
Old 07-23-2008, 12:01 PM   #11
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
UPDATE 7/23/08:
Shipping is fixed at $9.81 for U.S. and approximately $24 to Canada.
Not to be an ass, but they're selling the Elites on Ebay and charging $9.50 flat for shipping to the US. Clearly the discount we're getting here trumps the few pennies extra in shipping, but I wonder why the difference?
Old 07-23-2008, 12:06 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mws4ua View Post
Not to be an ass, but they're selling the Elites on Ebay and charging $9.50 flat for shipping to the US. Clearly the discount we're getting here trumps the few pennies extra in shipping, but I wonder why the difference?
I'll ask my POC about it. Great catch...thanks!
Old 07-23-2008, 12:28 PM   #13
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
what does installation consist of?? just gotta remove the hood or dont even have to do that?
Old 07-23-2008, 12:32 PM   #14
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Leave the hood on. Instructions that come with it are really good. Lots of color pictures. You measure out the locations, drill the holes, pop some rivets to hold the brackets on, snap on the cylinders.
Old 07-23-2008, 12:32 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoskim View Post
what does installation consist of?? just gotta remove the hood or dont even have to do that?
No, the hood does not need to be removed at all. One thing to consider, though (after reading lots of posts on the hood struts), is if you have a Toyota alarm system, the pressure sensor for the hood may have to be moved, but that's really easy to do.

You can find installation manuals here: http://www.redlinetuning.com/online_manuals.html

For 95-2004 Tacomas: http://www.redlinetuning.com/manuals...A_9504-101.pdf
For 2005+ Tacomas: http://www.redlinetuning.com/manuals...OMA_05+101.pdf

Pretty good pics, too!
Old 07-23-2008, 12:33 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
Leave the hood on. Instructions that come with it are really good. Lots of color pictures. You measure out the locations, drill the holes, pop some rivets to hold the brackets on, snap on the cylinders.
Beat me to it...thanks, Isocoee!
Old 07-23-2008, 12:34 PM   #17
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
nice sounds good. thanks for the reply guys!
Old 07-23-2008, 03:38 PM   #18
MPhipps is on a distinguished road
MPhipps's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
If you are interested in this group buy, please provide the following information:

a. Your TW or TN screen name
b. Model Year (i.e, 2008 Tacoma)
c. Indicate if you are interested in the hood struts only, the Tailgate EZDown only, or both
Count me in for a set of the QuickLIFT ELITE. I am interested in the EZDown, but I don't think they fit a 2009.

MPhipps
2009 Tacoma
Old 07-23-2008, 03:43 PM   #19
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPhipps View Post
Count me in for a set of the QuickLIFT ELITE. I am interested in the EZDown, but I don't think they fit a 2009.

MPhipps
2009 Tacoma
why not?? is the tailgate different? i think they are the same.... if jhodge could enlighten us....
Old 07-23-2008, 07:35 PM   #20
Evilbullit is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
Evilbullit's Tacoma Gallery
a. Your TW or TN screen name --- Evilbullit
b. Model Year (i.e, 2008 Tacoma) --- '01 Tacoma
c. Indicate if you are interested in the hood struts only, the Tailgate EZDown only, or both --- Hood strut, basic kit