Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

HID Xenon Group Buy Round 19! Ends 11/15/10

Old 11-14-2010, 08:46 AM   #21
ToyFanatic will become famous soon enoughToyFanatic will become famous soon enough
Army: 172nd Inf
Name: Aaron
ToyFanatic's Tacoma Gallery
be sure to use some Dielectric grease on ALL the connectors when installing this kit. This is my second kit because I didnt use any the first time around. I had a harness corrode out and shorted out some other things. Guess the German weather and very salty winter roads took its toll pretty early(6mo). Ill also have to change the routing a little. but the kit is dead easy to install and the light output is exceptional.
Old 11-17-2010, 10:10 AM   #22
Hacksaw engineer
Trapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud of

Trapper6speed's Tacoma Gallery
Shipped?
Old 11-18-2010, 11:50 AM   #23
Life in RVSM
Merovingian is on a distinguished road

Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada and Blaine WA depending on work
Merovingian's Tacoma Gallery
Shipping dates?

When will they be shipped out?
Old 11-19-2010, 10:17 AM   #24
slimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant future

slimcubby's Tacoma Gallery
All the kits are in transit to me. I should receive them either today or tomorrow. I will then box them all up and ship them out to you guys Monday. You should receive them 1-3 business days once shipped.
Old 11-19-2010, 10:34 AM   #25
cavilry will become famous soon enough

Name: Chris
cavilry's Tacoma Gallery
Yayyy
Old 11-23-2010, 11:57 PM   #26
slimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant future

FYI all kits have been shipped out this morning to you guys.

You guys should have received the tracking info in your paypal email address.
Old 11-28-2010, 07:45 PM   #28
Taco love in East Van
Canadianboy has a spectacular aura aboutCanadianboy has a spectacular aura aboutCanadianboy has a spectacular aura about

Name: James
Canadianboy's Tacoma Gallery
Will there be another GB before Christmas? I need some HID's and my girl is bugging me for gift ideas......
Old 11-29-2010, 10:54 AM   #29
bass turds
Veccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Veccster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadianboy View Post
Will there be another GB before Christmas? I need some HID's and my girl is bugging me for gift ideas......
According to this...http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gro...2-12-10-a.html ...there will be a new group buy each month.

But if you are going to buy HID's through a group buy, wait until it's Slim's month or contact him directly. I would not buy from some other dude who is trying to cash in off Slim's success. That's just wrong.
Old 11-29-2010, 11:02 AM   #30
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
tim(tbk224) is a buddy of mine and his h.i.d's are great quality, just to let you kmow.
Old 11-29-2010, 11:07 AM   #31
bass turds
Veccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
tim(tbk224) is a buddy of mine and his h.i.d's are great quality, just to let you kmow.
I didn't dog his HID's...I just don't care for his business plan. Slim had this market and he should find another route to peddle his product. Lot's of sites out there, you just need to be creative and take initiative - like Slim.
Old 11-29-2010, 11:10 AM   #32
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veccster View Post
I didn't dog his HID's...I just don't care for his business plan. Slim had this market and he should find another route to peddle his product. Lot's of sites out there, you just need to be creative and take initiative - like Slim.
Slim and him have been in contact right? didnt they determine they should alternate months?
Old 11-30-2010, 10:00 AM   #33
ToyFanatic will become famous soon enoughToyFanatic will become famous soon enough
Army: 172nd Inf
Name: Aaron
ToyFanatic's Tacoma Gallery
got my box today! thanks for the quick shipping
Old 11-30-2010, 06:18 PM   #34
Hacksaw engineer
Trapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud of

Trapper6speed's Tacoma Gallery
Got mine they work great.
Old 12-02-2010, 04:11 PM   #35

For those that missed this group buy and would like to get in on my next group buy I will be holding another one starting January 1st for new years!!
Old 12-30-2010, 08:06 PM   #36
Gadvan is on a distinguished road

Gadvan's Tacoma Gallery
Slim

I pm'd u and no response my drivers side hid stopped working only 2 months old I have power at the harness but do not hear the whine of the ignitor powering up like the other side so I'm guessing it's that, what do I need to do to get this resolved?
Old 12-31-2010, 12:01 PM   #37
bass turds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadvan View Post
I pm'd u and no response my drivers side hid stopped working only 2 months old I have power at the harness but do not hear the whine of the ignitor powering up like the other side so I'm guessing it's that, what do I need to do to get this resolved?
That happened to me as well. It's likely a bad ballast. Switch it with the other (working) side and see if the light comes on. If it does, you need to replace the ballast. Slim warranties his for 1yr. I had to cut wires on the bad ballast and send a picture to him (along with $5 for shipping). He was quick in sending me a new one.

If it still doesn't work, it could be a bad bulb or connection. But it's likely the ballast. Once you are out of warranty, I think they can be found for about $30.
Old 01-02-2011, 12:06 PM   #38
Gadvan is on a distinguished road

Gadvan's Tacoma Gallery
Yeh

Bulbs both work. I've tested things and have removed the hid's nothing like uninstalling brand new shit. .... Well it's been several days and no word back from slim. This is why I normally don't like buying things u can't call and talk to anyone about. 140bux and can even get a PM back
Old 01-02-2011, 12:56 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadvan View Post
Bulbs both work. I've tested things and have removed the hid's nothing like uninstalling brand new shit. .... Well it's been several days and no word back from slim. This is why I normally don't like buying things u can't call and talk to anyone about. 140bux and can even get a PM back
Sorry Gadvan was out of town at my parents for the holiday. Back now and back in business. Check your PM's.