Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

Official Aluminess Overland Tacoma Bumper - Ends 12/31/2010

Old 11-18-2010, 04:47 PM   #41
Tacoma with the TRI package
TRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tri
TRICOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TRICOMA Send a message via MSN to TRICOMA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crom View Post
It seems like the perfect overland bumper. I'll add it to my mod list for 2013.
Come out with us next time and you can check it out.
Old 11-18-2010, 05:15 PM   #42
ExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
ExpoSpy's Tacoma Gallery
Well as of 9 am this morning my order has been placed for my bumper. Excellent customer service on the phone my bumper will be ready in T-minus 3 weeks!! Im sooooo excited!!!
Old 11-18-2010, 05:56 PM   #43
TRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TRICOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Dave and the rest of the Crew over at Aluminess are great to work with. I had the pleasure of touring the facilities and their customer service is great.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:04 PM   #46

TRICOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madtown Taco View Post
How lame will my truck look if I jump on this deal and get the overland front end before I get my truck lifted?
My truck is at the lowest setting up from and only a leaf TSB in the rear. I am not much higher than stock height. Now that I have bigger tires I am a bit higher. When I put the bumper on it didn't do anything to the front as far as lowering it. Most bumpers it is recommended to lift because of the weight.
Old 11-23-2010, 12:51 PM   #47
Simms65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimms65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimms65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimms65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimms65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimms65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimms65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimms65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimms65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimms65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimms65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: David
Simms65's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Simms65
I'd love to get in on this, but my budget won't allow it.
Old 11-23-2010, 03:23 PM   #48
Largest Member.....huhuh
rmarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant future

EMS: Emergency room RN
Name: Roger
rmarqu2's Tacoma Gallery
Damn.... 60lbs? that's what my AP skid plate weighs i think! Looks cool though! I'd like it without the light hoop IMO, but that's just me.
Old 11-23-2010, 03:28 PM   #49

TRICOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmarqu2 View Post
Damn.... 60lbs? that's what my AP skid plate weighs i think! Looks cool though! I'd like it without the light hoop IMO, but that's just me.

You can get it without the light hoop and brush guard or get it with just the hoop. The discounted price is still the same but you can get it the way you want.
Old 11-23-2010, 03:47 PM   #50
ExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ExpoSpy's Tacoma Gallery
Update: I called Aluminess and asked if they would add some light tabs to the hoop and they were more than willing to do it. Its an additional $30 for light tabs.
Old 11-29-2010, 09:45 AM   #52

ExpoSpy's Tacoma Gallery
Old 11-29-2010, 04:35 PM   #53
Expedition Style
sierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
sierrahsky's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to sierrahsky
I have been looking at getting a bumper that can accommodate a winch but will not add a ton of weight as I am looking to make my truck an overland truck. This looks the part and sounds the part, the only question I would have is what happens when you dent it on the side or something? Some of the other bumpers you just replace that panel. Also how well do these work with winching? And do these have the hi-lift tpoints to jack from or no?
Old 11-29-2010, 04:41 PM   #54

TRICOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierrahsky View Post
I have been looking at getting a bumper that can accommodate a winch but will not add a ton of weight as I am looking to make my truck an overland truck. This looks the part and sounds the part, the only question I would have is what happens when you dent it on the side or something? Some of the other bumpers you just replace that panel. Also how well do these work with winching? And do these have the hi-lift tpoints to jack from or no?
Please contact Aluminess for these questions.

I believe All Pro is the only bumper mass produced that comes in sections. I have come down on this bumper and it has held up very well. My Tacoma is more Overland than a rock crawler that is why I went this route. I have not winched but they have been building bumper for Van and Trucks now for over 10 years. The 4x4 van they have are large and have no issues with winching.
Old 12-01-2010, 04:51 PM   #56
Tonkatoy05 is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Crew Chief
Tonkatoy05's Tacoma Gallery
Question from new mbr

Hey how you, I've been talking with Dave the owner of Aluminess for a little over a yr before they even had the idea of building the Tacoma front bumper for our 2ng gens. I told him i was very interested in one with the full brush guard because of weight savings as well. I told him these 2nd gen tacomas were really popular because i've been doing about 2yrs research on getting the best front bumper out there for these trucks. I've found several during this time when I came across their outfit they had nothing for front bumpers for 2nd gen tacomas just their rear bumpers. I actually drove down there since Im in the service up near Sac & SFO & he got interested by taking some measurements from my 05 4x4 trd sport dbl cab. So with all this he told me he was gonna try & find a donor truck similar to mine to RR this new bumper & over this yr he told me he had someone's white tacoma to do their Fabbing with. Now since I came across your pics here which by the way are fantastic views because all the while I've been talking with Dave & or his wife they've only sent me a couple of pics which weren't very revealing as yours. Are you the guy they used the truck for them to fab this bumper? Also will our stock skid plate work with this bumper because that was something that I told Dave would be a great selling point for him to build this bumper for our 2nd gen tacomas. From what it looked like when he first had the first proto-type I saw there it looked like I would successfuly be able to keep my stock skid plate. But since then he said they made a few changes suppossedly for more clearance & all that which wasn't something I cared for Just as long as it wasn't as exposed as some of these other bumpers I ran across which looked like they had too much cut away for rock crawling & desert running like that of All-pro's front bumper which exposed the front member way too much which I told Dave I wasn't looking for that. I just needed the bumper more for front protection & a Little for looks (lol) than serious baja style stuff or crawling stuff. For that there's quite a few shops that have stuff for the tacomas, that's why I was leaning towards the Aluminum bumper. I know this is alot said but Im finally ready to buy & I would luv to hear about some input from you. Especially on whethere I can keep my stock skid-plate bcz from the looks from your pics I may not be able to & that was gonna be the clincher for me to this thing so let me know what you think & Thnx very much.
Ruben
Old 12-01-2010, 05:07 PM   #57

ExpoSpy's Tacoma Gallery
The stock skid plate still works with this bumper.
Old 12-01-2010, 05:24 PM   #58

TRICOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Ruben,

Yes that is my truck on their site. I live close by and he need to get measurements from a 2010. My stock skid fits. I really like this bumper...main thing is the weight. I didn't have to do anything to my suspension when I got it cause it was not much over stock. I am building an expedition vehicle, not a crawler so I don't plan on smashing down on rocks. This bumper fit my needs perfect. I am also getting a winch. If you are interested I would call him and get on this sale. He will not have another one like this one. He is doing it because I asked him too. He sells the bumpers regardless. This special will be till the end of the year.
Old 12-01-2010, 05:40 PM   #60

TRICOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoXdoer View Post
btw my friend is designing the first gen prototype its sick......
Nate I heard they are working on it...can't wait to see it. these bumpers are awesome. Well thought out process. They want to make it perfect. What I like is they are a legit shop and do this for a living...so I know the support will continue to be there.