Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

HID Xenon Group Buy Round 1! Ends 12/12/10

Old 12-20-2010, 03:51 PM   #101
Hunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: Probie
Hunter500ky's Tacoma Gallery
got mine been at it for 30 minutes WTF Im getting pissed

Can someone give me some guidance, the tabs line up but everytime I go to turn it to lock it into place one of the tabs pops out, I feel like IM about to break it
Old 12-20-2010, 04:10 PM   #102
Hunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
I stopped being a pansy with them (afraid to break'm) and got them right in

OMFG are they bright love'm!!!!!

Mounting hardware then for test drive!!!!
Old 12-20-2010, 04:20 PM   #103
zx6rman96 is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
zx6rman96's Tacoma Gallery
all done, easy install, looooook great!!!! just gotta hid the harness and will post pics later
Old 12-20-2010, 04:37 PM   #104
ok, well now im pissed, everything was working fine, then one light went out.....switched harness to the other side and the light worked, so it looks like i have a bad harness and ballast on one side.......not happy
Old 12-20-2010, 04:55 PM   #105
It looks like one light has more output then the other on mine kinda odd....

Gonna try and re adjust my lamp tomorrow see if that helps.

Brighter then my head lights so Ill be buying some for my head lights

only complaint so far (besides light output is brighter on one if thats the case which I think its just my lamp) is one of the tabs was bent on one of the pieces I had that you had to connect to

Edit *fixed the last thing I talked about the bent piece it was easy*
Old 12-20-2010, 04:59 PM   #106
^ good to know
Old 12-20-2010, 05:34 PM   #107
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
Last statment was to zx6r
easy now cowboy, would you not be pissed if you just installed yours and they didnt work? I think anyone would be, and I havn't bashed anyone, nor would I unless like you said they dont correct it. So dont get your panties in a bunch, I simply stated I was pissed because they didnt work.......
Old 12-20-2010, 05:38 PM   #108
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx6rman96 View Post
easy now cowboy, would you not be pissed if you just installed yours and they didnt work? I think anyone would be, and I havn't bashed anyone, nor would I unless like you said they dont correct it. So dont get your panties in a bunch, I simply stated I was pissed because they didnt work.......
hey dude, No one is getting their panties bunched up. he was just giving you advice on how to get them fixed/replaced. Nothing more.
Old 12-20-2010, 05:46 PM   #109
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
hey dude, No one is getting their panties bunched up. he was just giving you advice on how to get them fixed/replaced. Nothing more.

wtf, ok everyone chime in please...... Yes I contacted him VIA PM as soon as the problem occured, I also left him a voicemail on the business card that was supplied. Thanks for the advice, but i believe i never asked anyone what I should do to get the issue fixed, i was just venting....is that a crime. This is over now. How bout we hear or see some of these HID's working..... I know mine looked badass for the brief time they were on!
Old 12-20-2010, 06:00 PM   #110
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Mine came in today! Kinda surprised they showed up that quick since I'm so far away. Probably going to get them mounted up to the motorcycle soon!
Old 12-20-2010, 06:42 PM   #111
~THE LIGHT GUY~
TBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
TBK224's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter500ky View Post
I stopped being a pansy with them (afraid to break'm) and got them right in

OMFG are they bright love'm!!!!!

Mounting hardware then for test drive!!!!
Glad to hear you like them. Post pics when you get a chance.

Quote:
ok, well now im pissed, everything was working fine, then one light went out.....switched harness to the other side and the light worked, so it looks like i have a bad harness and ballast on one side.......not happy
Chris, I'm sorry one of your ballasts went out. Unfortunately, this does happen once in awhile and there is absolutely nothing I can do to avoid it. I already PM'd you and like I said in the PM, I will over night a brand new replacement ballet to you first thing tomorrow morning. If you need anything else let me know and I will return your phone call when I get back into an area with better reception. Sorry again for the inconvenience.

Quote:
It looks like one light has more output then the other on mine kinda odd....

Gonna try and re adjust my lamp tomorrow see if that helps.

Brighter then my head lights so Ill be buying some for my head lights

only complaint so far (besides light output is brighter on one if thats the case which I think its just my lamp) is one of the tabs was bent on one of the pieces I had that you had to connect to

Edit *fixed the last thing I talked about the bent piece it was easy*
As far the bulbs looking different in brightness...give it a day or two as sometimes it takes awhile before all the new gases inside start burning. Weird, but they will change a little in the first few days. Also, if there is any difference in your housings such as one being dirty or not adjusted correctly like you said, that could also be causing the problem. Let me know if they don't get better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
Shit happens, contact the op, give him a chance to rectify the problem via pm.......posting in the open does no good really.
Now, when ppl do not man up and honor their warranty, that's when u let the rest of us know. Otherwise that's just unfair.
Thanks Brock. I do stand by my products 100% and I will do whatever it takes to keep my customers happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Mine came in today! Kinda surprised they showed up that quick since I'm so far away. Probably going to get them mounted up to the motorcycle soon!
Glad to hear you got them. Let us know how they work and post pics when you get a chance.

Thanks again to everyone who purchased. I hope they work well for you and your happy with your new lights. If for some reason you have a problem, such as Chris did, please PM or call me and I will get it taken care of right away. Thanks
Old 12-20-2010, 06:52 PM   #112
Question (pics coming tonight btw)

When I first power them up they flicker 2-3 times then stay on is this normal it also looks like they have to warm up
Old 12-20-2010, 06:59 PM   #113
Quote:

When I first power them up they flicker 2-3 times then stay on is this normal it also looks like they have to warm up
Yes this is normal for HID's to flicker when they are turned on, at least all the HID's I owned did....I dont know about 2 or 3 times, maybe just one "flick" and yes they have to warm up before they will be at full brightness.. I think the "flick" looks bad ass when you turn them on. Now if they are flickering while they are on, you might have a problem. Get them pics up!!!
Old 12-20-2010, 07:00 PM   #114
Pics coming lol brb no they do not flick while driving
Old 12-20-2010, 07:03 PM   #115
~THE LIGHT GUY~
TBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
TBK224's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

As Chris said, yes it is normal for them to flicker a bit as they are warming up. This is just all the gases in there igniting. It should take them 3-5 seconds to fully warm up and stay stable.

Quote:
Yes this is normal for HID's to flicker when they are turned on, at least all the HID's I owned did....I dont know about 2 or 3 times, maybe just one "flick" and yes they have to warm up before they will be at full brightness.. I think the "flick" looks bad ass when you turn them on. Now if they are flickering while they are on, you might have a problem. Get them pics up!!!
Thanks Chris.
Old 12-20-2010, 07:08 PM   #116
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Just to mention, My driver side looked a little dim compared to the passenger. I let them run for about 25 mins, now they are both the same.
Old 12-20-2010, 07:09 PM   #117
not the best photo, i just snapped a quick one as soon as I finished

Old 12-20-2010, 07:11 PM   #118
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
not the best photo, i just snapped a quick when as soon as I finished

Thats good, looks like you got that ballast issue worked out. Can't wait to get mine hooked up!
Old 12-20-2010, 07:17 PM   #119

cell pics sorry for quality
Old 12-20-2010, 07:25 PM   #120
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
aiming can contribute to brightness, if one is aimed up it will look slightly bright when you are looking directly at them.