Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

HID Xenon Group Buy Round 1! Ends 12/12/10

Old 12-20-2010, 07:03 PM   #121
Hunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: Probie
Hunter500ky's Tacoma Gallery
Get some baby!
Old 12-20-2010, 07:03 PM   #122
zx6rman96 is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
zx6rman96's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
I worked for UPS, I know how shipping works.......The man got back to you, overnighted replacements, and the problem should be solved.

No panties in a bunch.........Go fuck yourself, U keep this crap up and one day someone is going to strangle ur stupid ass with ur own panties.........Yes.........FUCK YOU, you dont know me, dont talk shit.

If I was unclear.
FUCK YOU

get some post counts, make urself useful, or get the fuck out.

I work with true murderers and psychopaths on a regular basis.......You my friend are just a whiny bitch.

mods, feel free to ban me...........I dont care, because ya'll know Im right and I will be back.

now excuse me while I get some rest before I go help protect our state, help shoulder the states debt directly out of my own paycheck, as I have been doing for the last year.

and Im no cowboy u fucking BRO
wow, thanks, you made my night! that was comical

Old 12-21-2010, 01:06 PM   #123
mhknight011 is on a distinguished road
Name: Matt
mhknight011's Tacoma Gallery
I installed some 8000k HIDs over the weekend... They look great, the only issue I have is how much light is spilled both vertically and horizontally. I adjusted the headlights to aim most of the light lower, but the problem is still there. The kit I installed is the hi/low kit, which actually has two bulbs next to each other. I feel like the HID bulb is outside of the spot the bulb is supposed to be, and that's what's causing the light to be less than focused. Anyone know this to be the case? If so, would a bi-xenon or low beam only xenon kit be the solution? If not, would I have to cough up the money for a set of projector headlights? I have a hard time enjoying the lights because I feel guilty about blinding people.

Ideally, I would like to have that perfect horizontal cutoff line where there isn't any light above it, and not too much light spilled to the side either. What I would like it to look like: http://media.photobucket.com/image/p.../hidcutoff.jpg
Old 12-21-2010, 02:12 PM   #124
SuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
SuthrnTaco07's Tacoma Gallery
Got mine in the mail yesterday but its a christmas present from me lady so she says no untill christmas untill th install!
Old 12-21-2010, 02:28 PM   #125
SuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhknight011 View Post
I installed some 8000k HIDs over the weekend... They look great, the only issue I have is how much light is spilled both vertically and horizontally. I adjusted the headlights to aim most of the light lower, but the problem is still there. The kit I installed is the hi/low kit, which actually has two bulbs next to each other. I feel like the HID bulb is outside of the spot the bulb is supposed to be, and that's what's causing the light to be less than focused. Anyone know this to be the case? If so, would a bi-xenon or low beam only xenon kit be the solution? If not, would I have to cough up the money for a set of projector headlights? I have a hard time enjoying the lights because I feel guilty about blinding people.

Ideally, I would like to have that perfect horizontal cutoff line where there isn't any light above it, and not too much light spilled to the side either. What I would like it to look like: http://media.photobucket.com/image/p.../hidcutoff.jpg

Sounds like you need the little extra Projector kit.
Old 12-21-2010, 03:57 PM   #126
mhknight011 is on a distinguished road
Name: Matt
mhknight011's Tacoma Gallery
Actually, I found a thread about using aluminum foil to adjust the light dispersion. I just need about an inch wide strip of aluminum foil to go underneath the bulb. That way the light won't go straight to the bottom of the lamp and reflect upwards like it is now. However, the strip has to be far enough away from it to not affect performance. Might take some experimenting. Here's the link: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthrea...n-127120.html?
Old 12-21-2010, 04:26 PM   #127
trdtaco10 will become famous soon enough

trdtaco10's Tacoma Gallery
Got mine installed today! Bright and easy to install! Took about 45 minutes! So much brighter than stock. Next up FOGS!
Old 12-21-2010, 04:54 PM   #128
Hunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Well today I hit my fog light switch and only one powered up had to do it again for them both to power up....

Anyone know how to fix that or is it normal?

No problems yesterday at all
Old 12-21-2010, 05:23 PM   #129
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
I worked for UPS, I know how shipping works.......The man got back to you, overnighted replacements, and the problem should be solved.

No panties in a bunch.........Go fuck yourself, U keep this crap up and one day someone is going to strangle ur stupid ass with ur own panties.........Yes.........FUCK YOU, you dont know me, dont talk shit.

If I was unclear.
FUCK YOU

get some post counts, make urself useful, or get the fuck out.

I work with true murderers and psychopaths on a regular basis.......You my friend are just a whiny bitch.

mods, feel free to ban me...........I dont care, because ya'll know Im right and I will be back.

now excuse me while I get some rest before I go help protect our state, help shoulder the states debt directly out of my own paycheck, as I have been doing for the last year.

and Im no cowboy u fucking BRO
Wow, that seemed slightly uncalled for. Just saying... seems a little over the top for a GB thread.
Old 12-22-2010, 12:28 PM   #132
Im getting my headlights next!
Old 12-23-2010, 04:46 PM   #133
zx6rman96 is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
zx6rman96's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by trdtaco10 View Post
INSTALLED! 5000K
How do you like the visibility of the 5000k, I got the 6000k and am still getting used to driving with it, almost too much blue, havnt decided if i like it yet, might switch bulbs, just wanted your 2cents. They are def bright as shit tho! Prob just end up keepin these in until one blows. Prob upgrade the fogs to HID's next to match.
Old 12-23-2010, 04:57 PM   #134
trdtaco10 will become famous soon enough

trdtaco10's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx6rman96 View Post
How do you like the visibility of the 5000k, I got the 6000k and am still getting used to driving with it, almost too much blue, havnt decided if i like it yet, might switch bulbs, just wanted your 2cents. They are def bright as shit tho! Prob just end up keepin these in until one blows. Prob upgrade the fogs to HID's next to match.
Well, I installed them the day before I left to go on a trip and we didnt take the truck so I'm not real sure on brightness at night while driving but I turned them on in the drive and they were bright as shit! They are a pure white color. I'm doing the fogs in the next month or two. But I'll let you know when I get back how they are driving.
Old 12-23-2010, 05:05 PM   #135
Well i Have the 6k on my fogs, all jokes aside they are brighter then my regular headlights I almost dont need to turn on my headlights.....

Only reason for headlights is to see that extra 40ft lol
Old 12-23-2010, 06:28 PM   #136

Quote:
Originally Posted by trdtaco10 View Post
INSTALLED! 5000K
After seeing this i wish i would have stuck with the 5000... I switched to 6000 cause i thought 5000 would look too much like factory... Guess not.. LOVE IT MAN! I'm sure i'll enjoy my 6000's!
Old 12-23-2010, 09:33 PM   #137
newskooler is a jewel in the roughnewskooler is a jewel in the roughnewskooler is a jewel in the rough

Firefighter: firefighter
Name: Nick
newskooler's Tacoma Gallery
just got mine this afternoon before we left on our "get away from the family" trip. havent had time to take any pics but i will when we get back. now i just have to remove the haze from my lens. now to find the 3m kit