Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

Group Buy: Fuse Block. Ends Feb. 15th.

View Poll Results: Which Blue Sea fuse block would you like?
PN 5025 : 6 position w/ ground = $33.52 1 5.00%
PN 5026 : 12 position w/ ground = $40.63 17 85.00%
PN 5028 : 6 position w/o ground = $29.33 1 5.00%
PN 5029 : 12 position w/o ground = $36.56 1 5.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-03-2011, 12:12 PM   #101
hottacoX will become famous soon enough

Name: Cory
hottacoX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingWil View Post
Shipping to Canada would be $11.95 via USPS
Excellent, that seals it I am going to go that route!
Old 02-03-2011, 12:25 PM   #102
asphinctersayswhat?
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
Now I'm seriously thinking of getting tooblutacoma06's fuse panel. hmmmmm

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...fs-thread.html
Old 02-03-2011, 01:54 PM   #103
Hmmmm
TurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gabe
TurboGT's Tacoma Gallery

actually, the panel he's got there would be awesome... but he needs to add some sort of a waterproof/resistant cover to it to convince me...

I'm even gonna think about one
Old 02-03-2011, 02:20 PM   #104
SuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
SuthrnTaco07's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GabeJ View Post

actually, the panel he's got there would be awesome... but he needs to add some sort of a waterproof/resistant cover to it to convince me...

I'm even gonna think about one
AGREED!!
Old 02-03-2011, 02:27 PM   #105
asphinctersayswhat?
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I'm actually going to just make one myself. I dont want to pay $50 for something that I can do for less than $10
Old 02-03-2011, 02:27 PM   #106
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjonags32 View Post
I'm actually going to just make one myself. I dont want to pay $50 for something that I can do for less than $10
x2
Old 02-03-2011, 03:01 PM   #107
SuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
SuthrnTaco07's Tacoma Gallery
This is what i will most likely do!!

Krookz Setup is the best i think by far!

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-build-14.html
Old 02-03-2011, 04:20 PM   #108
Hmmmm
TurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TurboGT's Tacoma Gallery
Optima Battery Box

Here's another feeler thread - not sure where to put it so it goes here for now....

Had to replace my battery a month after I got it from the dealer... oh well... Went to Costco and got my Optima Red Top for $130. Went to put it in and it's a good 2" smaller (in length) and 1- 1¼" shorter than the stock battery... and I've had it bungee'd in place ever since.

I started thinking about what to do with it, and was looking around for store-bought options when this idea came to me....

Basically the top bar unbolts for when you need to remove the battery, and is screwed/bolted/welded down (or 3M Velcro for some of you )

Made out of what I expect will be 1/8" Alum (or equiv) and powdercoated or raw (so you can finish how you'd like).

My question is: How many of you TW users have replaced your battery with an Optima and need a solution like this?
Old 02-03-2011, 05:03 PM   #109
Modified Glamper Extraordinaire
Digiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Location: Exploring the Pacific NW including ID, MT, WYO & CO
Digiratus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Here's another feeler thread - not sure where to put it so it goes here for now....

Had to replace my battery a month after I got it from the dealer... oh well... Went to Costco and got my Optima Red Top for $130. Went to put it in and it's a good 2" smaller (in length) and 1- 1¼" shorter than the stock battery... and I've had it bungee'd in place ever since.

I started thinking about what to do with it, and was looking around for store-bought options when this idea came to me....

Basically the top bar unbolts for when you need to remove the battery, and is screwed/bolted/welded down (or 3M Velcro for some of you )

Made out of what I expect will be 1/8" Alum (or equiv) and powdercoated or raw (so you can finish how you'd like).

My question is: How many of you TW users have replaced your battery with an Optima and need a solution like this?
Me! LOL. I'm using the stock tie down with a perfectly shaped and sized piece of wood between the tie down and the top of the battery. It works surprisingly well.

Your idea looks interesting.
Old 02-03-2011, 05:22 PM   #110
Hmmmm

TurboGT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digiratus View Post
Me! LOL. I'm using the stock tie down with a perfectly shaped and sized piece of wood between the tie down and the top of the battery. It works surprisingly well.

Your idea looks interesting.
I've refrained from doing just that... a block of wood.

IMO, the only place wood had in a vehicle is either on a rack in the bed (as in transporting it) or in a subwoofer box (or a speaker baffle appropriately sealed)
Old 02-04-2011, 03:00 PM   #111
Hmmmm

TurboGT's Tacoma Gallery
Bump time
Old 02-04-2011, 03:09 PM   #112
asphinctersayswhat?

Order time...... please
Old 02-04-2011, 03:11 PM   #113
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjonags32 View Post
Order time...... please
x2 when can i swing by and pick mine up?
Old 02-04-2011, 03:13 PM   #114
Hmmmm

TurboGT's Tacoma Gallery
If nothing happens over the weekend, I'll call Will and find out about closing early, say Tuesday... that way if everyone pays by Wednesday, hopefully we could have them delivered by the weekend.
Old 02-04-2011, 03:34 PM   #115
Tacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Tacorunner87's Tacoma Gallery
whats the max amps this block can handle continuous draw? I know max is 30amps per fuse. But I have a feeling when my truck is built all 12 fuses will be pull close to 20-30 amps each.
Old 02-04-2011, 03:40 PM   #116
Hmmmm

TurboGT's Tacoma Gallery
http://bluesea.com/category/5/21/productspecs/5026

According to this, it's 30a max per circuit, but 100a per block. Put that in perspective, that's 8.33 amps max for each circuit. Now there's not too many options for running circuits smaller than that, in terms of fuse rating... 1, 2, 5, & 7.5a fuses going from memory.

Without consulting with Will @ Sierra or getting ahold of Blue Sea, I would imagine that 100a rating is pretty conservative. In terms for what I plan on doing, I've got 5 circuits to hook up as soon as I get this:
1. Alarm/Remote Start (25a)
2. Window module #1 (30a)
3. Window module #2 (30a)
4. HID headlights (20a)
5. Camper shell lights (10a)

Added up, that's 115a worth of fuse rating... but bear in mind that not all of these will be running at the same time. In reality, only my HID's will be running a majority of the time. Camper lights, rarely... Window mods, they run when the alarm tells them to...

Sor for the majority of the time, I'll only have a max of 20a running through the block.

I guess the question is "what are you running and how often will each of them, or any combination of them, be running at the same time?"
Old 02-04-2011, 03:49 PM   #117
Tacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Tacorunner87's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

According to this, it's 30a max per circuit, but 100a per block. Put that in perspective, that's 8.33 amps max for each circuit.
That's pretty damn weak. May have to go a different route. Ill let you know hopefully by monday.
Old 02-04-2011, 04:04 PM   #118
asphinctersayswhat?

Quote:

According to this, it's 30a max per circuit, but 100a per block. Put that in perspective, that's 8.33 amps max for each circuit. Now there's not too many options for running circuits smaller than that, in terms of fuse rating... 1, 2, 5, & 7.5a fuses going from memory.

Without consulting with Will @ Sierra or getting ahold of Blue Sea, I would imagine that 100a rating is pretty conservative. In terms for what I plan on doing, I've got 5 circuits to hook up as soon as I get this:
1. Alarm/Remote Start (25a)
2. Window module #1 (30a)
3. Window module #2 (30a)
4. HID headlights (20a)
5. Camper shell lights (10a)

Added up, that's 115a worth of fuse rating... but bear in mind that not all of these will be running at the same time. In reality, only my HID's will be running a majority of the time. Camper lights, rarely... Window mods, they run when the alarm tells them to...

Sor for the majority of the time, I'll only have a max of 20a running through the block.

I guess the question is "what are you running and how often will each of them, or any combination of them, be running at the same time?"
That's what I was thinking too. Majority of the time, I won't be running all them at the same time
Old 02-05-2011, 06:44 PM   #119
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacorunner87 View Post
That's pretty damn weak. May have to go a different route. Ill let you know hopefully by monday.
Is there an alternate route that allows for more? if not, I'm in.
12 position with ground.

So is the circuit breaker good to add? You just run power from batter to breaker, then breaker to the block right?
Old 02-05-2011, 10:29 PM   #120
Hmmmm

TurboGT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkeller View Post
Is there an alternate route that allows for more? if not, I'm in.
12 position with ground.

So is the circuit breaker good to add? You just run power from batter to breaker, then breaker to the block right?
Not really... From what I've read and researched, Blue Sea makes good stuff, mainly designed for marine applications but those applications transfer over to auto use very well. I don't think that you're gonna find anything that allows for more, as most of these things are typically made with very similar components and materials.

As for the breaker, I personally am against them... I'd be looking to a fuse block but as Will @ Sierra Expeditions has stated, they offer the circuit breaker to fill a need for those that go well away from civilization where there isn't a readily available supply of spare fuses.

Bring that I'm only putting the fuse block a foot away from the battery and not running the power wire around anything metal, I'm actually not gonna put a fuse/breaker between the block and the battery.

But that's my preference. I'll add ya to the list.

Products Discussed in this Thread