1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

KATZKIN Leather Seat Group Buy

Discussion in 'Group Buys' started by Andrew H, Feb 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mar 20, 2011 at 6:41 PM
    memario1214

memario1214 Hotshot Offroad Moderator Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Colton
    Missoula, MT
    Vehicle:
    SOLD - 05 Dub Cab TRD Sport 4x4, CURRENT - '21 Tundra MGM Limited
    Mine just looks awful... Get one drop on these seats and it looks like a housecat pissed all over it! Check out the gym/workout thread sometime!

Okay, thread derail over

2. Mar 20, 2011 at 9:55 PM
    jhuey8947

jhuey8947 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Tucson
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 02 Doublecab
    9" Fabtech lift, Custom paint, Leather Interior, Custom sound w/3 TVs, 20" Jesse James wheels, 35" Nitto MGrapplers
    WOW! Go to work for a bit and missed all sorts of action on the thread:mad:
    Robert, you've been busy Bud. Any thoughts you'd like to share on the install?? Looks GREAT!
    Chockie, I'm disappointed in your guy...Love the kit but a couple of repairs I agree are needed. I think Homertaco is right on with his replies to the fix. You MAY apply super glue to the seat release assembly but a respectable shop should fix their mistakes and that includes replacing the door panel...really! I really like the location of the heated seat switches. What are your thoughts on the heating elements themselves??
    Thanks for the pics guys/girls, John

3. Mar 20, 2011 at 10:29 PM
    Tacoma Tom

Tacoma Tom Well-Known Member

Member:
    Sunny Arizona
    Vehicle:
    07 DBL TRD
    Hey TIMSXR,

Did you remember what light gray color that was that you ordered?
    I'm about ready to get a set of the Katzkin for my DC but have no idea what colors
    match the factory light and dark gray on my 07. It looks like your colors are really close?

4. Mar 21, 2011 at 12:02 AM
    jhuey8947

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Tucson
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 02 Doublecab
    9" Fabtech lift, Custom paint, Leather Interior, Custom sound w/3 TVs, 20" Jesse James wheels, 35" Nitto MGrapplers
    Hi Tom,
    Ice Grey is the Katzkin match to your factory light grey
    Graphite, I personally think is Katzkins best match to the darker. Dark Graphite to me is a little dark but has been the most popular?? Hope this helps, John

5. Mar 21, 2011 at 2:58 AM
    chockie

chockie Active Member

Member:
    Eastern Shore of MD
    Vehicle:
    08 Indigo Ink TRD Sport, PreRuner, DC, LB
    Bed mat, Hitch, Seat belt beep mod, ipod adapter, RBP steps, Bed Cleats Love 2 surf brackets for surf racks, Avid light bar, TRD Center Caps on Sport wheels, CST Black Leather.
    Thanks for the help HomerTaco. At this point I am so disgusted with this guy I don't want to let him near my truck.

update: So I got home from work and pulled off the back door panel. I backed out the screw a turn and used the hair dryer to shrink the dimple. So far so good, will finish this weekend. As for the latch pull gromment, I can get the top piece it in the part under the leather but I need to get it to stay in. The bottom piece is on tight. Looks like super glue it is. The armrests just need to be re-done. A different installer wants $100 per armrest! May have to try it myself.

6. Mar 21, 2011 at 11:36 AM
    jhuey8947

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Tucson
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 02 Doublecab
    Please be sure you guys are conditioning your seats once you've completed the install.. I reccomend either Lexol or Maguires Gold Class Leather Cleaner and Conditioners. Keep the pics coming:) John

7. Mar 21, 2011 at 1:40 PM
    willimatic

willimatic Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Rancho Murieta/Folsom, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma AC 4x4 Sport
    You beat me to the punch, I was going to ask everyone what Cleaner/conditioners they use or rec'd.

8. Mar 21, 2011 at 10:31 PM
    fvtalon

fvtalon Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern BC
    Vehicle:
    07 DC TRD/Yamaha
    285/65/18 BFG ATs on MKWs Leer Cap
    Some good looking kits posted up! I think my favorite is the light grey with black insert. I was wanting black with a grey insert and red stitching but I think the grey outside matches the seat's plastic trim better. Although now that black painted seat trim looks pretty good too... So many options. What I'd really ideally like is to go all tan but that's too much work.

Any end in sight for this group buy? I know you said it would go as long as it can. I'd like to get in on it but still I need more time to save up.

9. Mar 21, 2011 at 11:36 PM
    jhuey8947

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Tucson
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 02 Doublecab
    Hi Mike,
    I will always try to take care of ya.. Im in the process of speaking with a moderator and may be moving the group buy into the Vendor section. I can see pricing maybe going up just a bit and may also be forced to charge sales tax IF applicable. Just let me know when your ready bud, John

10. Mar 22, 2011 at 9:40 AM
    willimatic

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma AC 4x4 Sport
    For all those who are getting the heating option. Where are you putting the switch?

Center console area (near cup holders)?

or

On the seat itself, the grey plastic housing on the bottom?

11. Mar 22, 2011 at 10:16 AM
    ROCKSLINGER

ROCKSLINGER Zombie Response Team

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Reno Nv
    Vehicle:
    14 MGM DBL CAB 6 SPEED
    Fox Coilover with reservoir, Fox Remote Rear reservoir, Wheeler's 3 pack AAL, Grillcraft Grille color matched, Rampage 50" LED Light Bar, Relentless 1/4" IFS-Mid and Transfer case Skids, Relentless High Clearance Rear Bumper, Kenwood 1800 watt Amp, 12" Rockford Fosgate P3 Shallow Sub, 1 Farad Capacitor, Redline Hood Struts, Weathertech Floor Mats, Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, Flowmaster Delta 40, URD MAF Calibrator, URD Short Shifter, CST Black Leather W/Red Stich, On Board Air, Train Horns,
    I say don't put it on the cup holder it's more likely to get bumped. And as long as you hook it up to a power source on only with the key( I don't know why you would hook it up all the time) it seems less likely to get bumped on the bottom of the seat plus I think it makes it look cleaner more like stock.

12. Mar 22, 2011 at 10:32 AM
    28Gauge

28Gauge Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Grapevine, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner SR5
    Sockmonkey Graphics, K&N Drop In Air Filter, 265/75/16 Bridgestone Dueler A/T's, Weathertech Digital Fit Floor Mats, Dee Zee Bed Mat, Map Light/Dome Light LED's, Flo-Pro Muffler w/Stainless Steel Tip, Dome Light/Map Light Mod, Mobil 1 Synthetic Motor Oil, LED Cupholder Mod, Grillcraft with TOYOTA emblem, Vision 375 Warrior Wheels, Extra Bed D Ring Mod, TRD Skidplate, Bilstein 5100's on all four corners, Front 5100's set at zero with Eibach springs, Toytec 1.5" rear TSB add-a-leaf springs, Toytec swaybar relocate kit, Katzkin Leather Seating, Front Window Tint
    I do. I just had them installed yesterday. There are a few photos in my photo gallery.

13. Mar 22, 2011 at 11:07 AM
    Andrew H

Andrew H [OP] What is this "search" you speak of?

Member:
    Dirty Tucson
    Vehicle:
    2017SSMDCSBTRDS
  14. Mar 22, 2011 at 3:25 PM
    sickboy

sickboy Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    '21 TRD OR DCLB SUPER WHITE
    Katzkin box came in the mail today!! Should be my Saturday project, will post pics.

15. Mar 22, 2011 at 3:37 PM
    willimatic

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma AC 4x4 Sport
    Sweet. What color(s) you get? I got Katzkin too, was really impressed with the quality of the leather.

16. Mar 22, 2011 at 4:56 PM
    chockie

chockie Active Member

Member:
    Eastern Shore of MD
    Vehicle:
    08 Indigo Ink TRD Sport, PreRuner, DC, LB
    Bed mat, Hitch, Seat belt beep mod, ipod adapter, RBP steps, Bed Cleats Love 2 surf brackets for surf racks, Avid light bar, TRD Center Caps on Sport wheels, CST Black Leather.
    I put mine near the cup holder. The like the clean look and easy access to the buttons. The switches are fairly firm so I don't see them getting bumped and turning on.

IMG_0011.jpg
    IMG_0024.jpg

17. Mar 22, 2011 at 5:03 PM
    sickboy

sickboy Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    '21 TRD OR DCLB SUPER WHITE
    two-tone with perforated centers, Dk Graphite and Ice Grey.. looks good in the box.. can't wait.

18. Mar 22, 2011 at 5:18 PM
    Andrew H

Member:
    Dirty Tucson
    Vehicle:
    2017SSMDCSBTRDS
    Its been about two weeks since the install. Just finished cleaning and conditioning them. I love these seats; they are suhweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I used the lexol conditioner this time. Wish I would have gotten the meguirs gold that John had. That shit smelt good.

19. Mar 22, 2011 at 5:21 PM
    Andrew H

Member:
    Dirty Tucson
    Vehicle:
    2017SSMDCSBTRDS
    Chokie - my seats do not have that gap between the seat cushion and the back cushion in the rear. Must be a CST thing? I don't know why though....

20. Mar 22, 2011 at 6:05 PM
    bridgcat

bridgcat Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 4x4 SR5 TRD Offroad
    Avid Off-road Light bar w/ Line-X, American Aluminum Black LP Toolbox, N Fab black step bars,In-Channel Vent Visors, two 10" Rockford subs, Pioneer Double Din DVD player w/ Metra dash kit, 285/65R18 Nitto Trail Grappler MT/s. 18x9" Black XD Monsters. Weathertech digital fit floor mats. Color matched grille with FJ Tacoma badge. De-badged with black, "4x4" badge on tail gate. Mud flap delete mod. Custon TRD decal, color matched rear bumper, Icon extended travel reservoir coilovers, Icon rear reservoir shocks, Dakar rear leaf pack, extended stainless steel brake lines, Camburg uniball upper control arms, timeren bump stops,Beefed Taco carrier bearing drop, Rockford Fosgate Door speakers, Dynomat doors and rear panel, All pro front bumper.
    Anyone else had the gap problem with the CST kit? Trying to decide between the two. I was gonna go with CST but the gap issue has me re-thinking this choice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top