Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

KATZKIN Leather Seat Group Buy

Closed Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-20-2011, 11:24 AM   #21
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
I'm definitely in, but does anyone have any info on any differences between katzkin and CST? and why leather vinyl instead of all leather? is it just a price difference? also what is the advantage/disadvantage of the perforated? better for summer? not as hot? more breathability??

Definitely gonna scoop up a set and get homertaco to help me install

Old 02-20-2011, 11:58 AM   #22
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruskastud View Post
How do the DIY kits differ from what an installer would get before an install? I got a quote from my local installer of $1400 for the leather-vinyl....????
This is the same exact kit that shop would use. Only difference is that you won't be paying $1400.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightstr View Post
Any word on the extended cab?
If you want some crazy custom order it may cost the same as the DC pricing. PM me what you want. John has a few sets in-stock for AC that he is letting go for $350 and less. Maybe what you want is what he has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma Tom View Post
If I can get seats like Post #18.......I'm in.
You can order the same seats. With the embroidering and perforated seats it would be about $110 on top of basic packing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLink View Post
I'm definitely in, but does anyone have any info on any differences between katzkin and CST? and why leather vinyl instead of all leather? is it just a price difference? also what is the advantage/disadvantage of the perforated? better for summer? not as hot? more breathability??

Definitely gonna scoop up a set and get homertaco to help me install
Just a different company. Perforated seats make it easier for to "breathe" easier. I am getting the Leather/Vinyl package. My brother has it in his 4runner and it is awesome.

Old 02-21-2011, 05:17 AM   #23
ruskastud is a glorious beacon of lightruskastud is a glorious beacon of lightruskastud is a glorious beacon of lightruskastud is a glorious beacon of lightruskastud is a glorious beacon of lightruskastud is a glorious beacon of light
Air Force:
ruskastud's Tacoma Gallery
OK, thanks for the info. Maybe I can use this as leverage with my local installer. Don't really want to do the install myself. We'll see............

What are the pros/cons of the leather-vinyl vs the all leather? For the price, I'm inclined to go all leather. What about perforation?

Old 02-21-2011, 09:21 AM   #24
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruskastud View Post
OK, thanks for the info. Maybe I can use this as leverage with my local installer. Don't really want to do the install myself. We'll see............

What are the pros/cons of the leather-vinyl vs the all leather? For the price, I'm inclined to go all leather. What about perforation?
Just a preference to answer your first question. If you want all leather than go for it if money isn't really an option. Perforation - I am getting it because I think it enhances the look of the seats and it should help the seats breathe a little better.

I don't think shops will adjust their price to match that of a group buy. If you go on-line and try and order a custom set-up it'll be over $1400. This group buy you are able to do a lot of custom things for under a grand.

Old 02-21-2011, 02:33 PM   #25

Firefighter:
1. Andrew H - '10 DC (side airbags) TRD CST Partial Leather w/perforated seats in black
2. Nate7747 - '09 DC (side airbags) TRD Katzkin Full Leather w/perforated seats in Light Grey

BUMP!

Old 02-21-2011, 02:59 PM   #26
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Add me to the list.. Double cab black full leather (not passenger fold flat ) cst

Old 02-21-2011, 03:02 PM   #27

JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Add me to the list.. Double cab black full leather (not passenger fold flat ) cst
2010 side air bags

Old 02-21-2011, 03:22 PM   #28

Firefighter:
1. Andrew H - '10 DC (side airbags) TRD CST Partial Leather w/perforated seats in black
2. Nate7747 - '09 DC (side airbags) TRD Katzkin Full Leather w/perforated seats in Light Grey
3. JLink - '10 DC (side airbags) TRD CST Full Leather w/perforated seats in black

Old 02-21-2011, 03:42 PM   #29

Firefighter:
Bump for clearance items listed in post #1.

Old 02-21-2011, 04:21 PM   #30
tisher49 is a jewel in the roughtisher49 is a jewel in the roughtisher49 is a jewel in the roughtisher49 is a jewel in the rough
Name: Alex
tisher49's Tacoma Gallery
Should I contact John about the AC sets that he has for around $300, or would you be able to tell me if they are the full leather or leather/vinyl?

Old 02-21-2011, 04:31 PM   #32

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tisher49 View Post
Should I contact John about the AC sets that he has for around $300, or would you be able to tell me if they are the full leather or leather/vinyl?
I PMed you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post
Important question to the OP... Will the kits come with the hog rings, or do you have to get them yourself???
Great question. Let me get an answer for everyone.

Answer - No. He said he can throw in some nice hog pliers and hog rings for whoever wants it for $20.

Old 02-21-2011, 07:17 PM   #33

Firefighter:
Bump for updated lower prices!!

Old 02-22-2011, 07:01 AM   #34

JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Andrew it looks like you have the deluxe and regular prices and descriptions a little messed up. Put me down for a set of hog ring pliers and hog rings too

Old 02-22-2011, 07:05 AM   #35

JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Just got your pm, thanks for setting everything up.

Old 02-22-2011, 10:31 AM   #37
jhuey8947 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhuey8947 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhuey8947 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhuey8947 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhuey8947 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhuey8947 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhuey8947 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhuey8947 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhuey8947 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhuey8947 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhuey8947 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jhuey8947's Tacoma Gallery
Got Leather?

Hey Guys, feel free to contact myself regarding any questions that you may have with transforming your dirty cloth into genuine leather. Your options are endless!! This is the most dramatic difference you can make on your Toy in about 6 hours with basic hand tools and a hog ring kit that I can supply for an additional $20. There is a good thread on TW that will walk you through an entire install as well. I am offering 10% off and free shipping to the lower 48 states to all members!! I can be reached/text at (520) 891-8947 for general questions and specific pricing. Thanks for your time.
John Huey
Affordable Leather in Tucson

Old 02-22-2011, 10:50 AM   #38
jhuey8947 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhuey8947 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhuey8947 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhuey8947 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhuey8947 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhuey8947 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhuey8947 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhuey8947 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhuey8947 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhuey8947 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhuey8947 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jhuey8947's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Josh give me a call at (520) 891-8947 to place your order. Please give CST 3-4 days to supply me with the kit and another 3-4 to get it from here to Jersey. Thanks bud. John

Old 02-22-2011, 12:31 PM   #39

JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Ordered. Black leather, hog ring kit, heated seat kit. Thanks John!

Old 02-22-2011, 12:53 PM   #40

Firefighter:
Quote:
Ordered. Black leather, hog ring kit, heated seat kit. Thanks John!
Nice Josh! Post pics when you get 'em! There's also a few DIY threads around here with isntall pics and all that. I will try to find them all and post them here in the first post so its easy for everyone to find.

Closed Thread

Products Discussed in this Thread