Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

HID Group Buy...Details inside

Old 09-15-2008, 12:42 PM   #41
slimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant future

slimcubby's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by luk8272 View Post
With the mention of warranty, whom is covering it, you or the manufacturer? Who would we contact if we experience problems? Also what brand is this? Thanks in advance.
For the warranty you can deal with me directly. Anything not working would be mailed to me, tested and then replaced under warranty. It's my brother's company and he has the connection with the supplier direct.
Old 09-15-2008, 02:37 PM   #43
slimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by luk8272 View Post
Very good to know, I have heard how good you were on TN and was just wondering if this would be the same. How about the brand?
Thanks I am happy to hear good things . My brother specifically told me to keep the hookup on the down low and not mention the brand. I don't want to go behind my brothers back and loose my connections. I will post pictures of the factory and other stuff shortly though.
Old 09-15-2008, 03:14 PM   #44

Pictures of the kit, factory, testing, before and after, water proof and last GB.

Old 09-15-2008, 05:44 PM   #45
Poodoo
luk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
luk8272's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimcubby View Post
Thanks I am happy to hear good things . My brother specifically told me to keep the hookup on the down low and not mention the brand. I don't want to go behind my brothers back and loose my connections. I will post pictures of the factory and other stuff shortly though.

I can respect that. thanks.
Old 09-15-2008, 05:55 PM   #46
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
these work for the fog lights?
Old 09-15-2008, 07:10 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoskim View Post
these work for the fog lights?
Yup take a peak at the picture above... before and after (Halogen then xenon)
Old 09-15-2008, 07:46 PM   #49
Aspiring wrench monkey
TacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of light

TacoCo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimcubby View Post
Pictures of...water proof
I can't quite make that out, but is that supposed to be the ballast and the bulb in a fish tank?
Old 09-15-2008, 07:57 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoCo View Post
I can't quite make that out, but is that supposed to be the ballast and the bulb in a fish tank?
Yea the ballast is fully submerged in a fish take and I am not sure if the bulb is in there too or in front of it. I also have a pic somewhere with a bunch of ice in the tank to show under freezing conditions it works as well.
Old 09-15-2008, 08:10 PM   #51
San Antonio Detailer :)
Anthony will become famous soon enough
Anthony's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Anthony
What do you estimate shipping to be for a total price?

I want a telescopic kit this time. Any discounts for a return customer?
Old 09-15-2008, 08:34 PM   #52
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
Also interested here! However, no one mentioned in a previous response the difference between the telescopic ($100) and the other one ($78). What I do know is that Im looking for the 6000K light bulb but as far as the particular fixture to make it work is unknown to me. It sounds like the cheaper of the two aka the low beam doesn't have a high beam to it? And because of the name of the other hi/low beam it has both? The picture looks like they are two separate light fixtures for each beam. Is that right? Any clarification would be awesome.
Old 09-15-2008, 08:59 PM   #53
Anthony's Tacoma Gallery
yup the telescopic is high/low beam... where the other is low beam only.
Old 09-15-2008, 10:10 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
What do you estimate shipping to be for a total price?

I want a telescopic kit this time. Any discounts for a return customer?
Hey Anthony!
I see you can't get enough of my kits! Lol. The shipping will be a flat rate of $15.95 for each kit mailed out. As you know that includes all fees i.e. paypal fees, duty and tax on the kits when I receive them, etc.

So please nobody ask for local pickup if you live in CA because I can't do that.

Thanks!!
~Slim
Old 09-15-2008, 10:13 PM   #55
Anthony's Tacoma Gallery
Ok whens the absolutely last day to get in on this?
Old 09-15-2008, 10:14 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by w8n4mud View Post
Also interested here! However, no one mentioned in a previous response the difference between the telescopic ($100) and the other one ($78). What I do know is that Im looking for the 6000K light bulb but as far as the particular fixture to make it work is unknown to me. It sounds like the cheaper of the two aka the low beam doesn't have a high beam to it? And because of the name of the other hi/low beam it has both? The picture looks like they are two separate light fixtures for each beam. Is that right? Any clarification would be awesome.
You are right low beam is only the low's i.e fog lights or headlights that don't do both Hi/Lo like our tacoma's do both. So for you to keep the function of High Beams you are going to want to get the Bixenon kit. Here is a picture closeup of what the Bixenon looks like.

Old 09-15-2008, 10:17 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
Ok whens the absolutely last day to get in on this?
As mentioned in my signature 09/25/08 will be the latest I will accept payments on pending orders. Any new orders on that day will have to be paid instantly.

So I would say for anybody interested to get in before that day... if you must procrastinate place and pay your order on the 24th.

I personally like it when the members order before and pay before so that I can keep up with all the orders by the time I need to place the full order. That way I don't have 50 orders to be scrambling through on the final day and filling out my order list.
Old 09-16-2008, 04:23 AM   #58
bounrith is on a distinguished road
bounrith's Tacoma Gallery
I'm trying to save money guys...thanks to the stock market...and here you are making me spend more money

I'm warming up to this and might just pull the trigger for one.

But do you guys know any bulb that I can replace the interior dome light (center light)? I can't see anything in the truck and I hate how slow it comes on...bother the heck out of me.
Old 09-16-2008, 06:12 AM   #59
lowcel will become famous soon enoughlowcel will become famous soon enough
lowcel's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to lowcel
Is there any problem with these working on the 09 Tacoma?
Old 09-16-2008, 02:36 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowcel View Post
Is there any problem with these working on the 09 Tacoma?
Nope... they run the same size bulb as the 05+ do. Unless they changed the bulb to something different that I don't know about... but in that case you can order that bulb size anyway. So regardless you will be ok!