Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

HID Group Buy...Details inside

Old 10-06-2008, 06:51 PM   #161
Aspiring wrench monkey
TacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of light

TacoCo's Tacoma Gallery
I guess I could always cut off the connectors and just splice the wires together. I do have some quick splices and liquid electric tape. Slim, would this void any sort of warranty?
Old 10-06-2008, 08:19 PM   #162
Aspiring wrench monkey
TacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of light

TacoCo's Tacoma Gallery
So, I decided to splice them... Both headlights are working, except the high beams aren't working on the driver's side where I had to splice. I'll have to look at it later.

I went for a quick spin and got flashed 3 times by passing cars
Now that I think about it, I think the spliced headlight is stuck on high beam... the cut off on the drivers side is higher than the passenger side on low beams and the cut off looks about even with the high beams on.

And I may have just figured that problem out... when I took the bulb apart to stick it through the housing, I apparently didn't put it back together right. I think that should fix it. Thanks for following along while I think out loud here
Old 10-07-2008, 09:11 AM   #163
slimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant future

slimcubby's Tacoma Gallery
Lol TacoCo I like reading your replies and notice that they get answered by yourself eventually. I wish I could have gotten back to you sooner before you spliced because any ballast etc that isn't working can be replaced free of charge under the warranty. But now that you have altered them I am not sure if my supplier would take it back (i might be able to get him to if you still need to replace the ballast but no guarantees).

As for everyone else if you have any issues please message me first and wait for my response so that I can get you accurate advice as to what you should do. I am usually pretty quick at replacing any parts that were defective most of the time same day delivery out.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:12 AM   #164
slimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant future

I am thinking of doing another GB for all the PM's that were after the close of this one and if anybody that only got the headlights were interested in getting the fogs this time.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:18 AM   #165
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
I'm happy to wait a month or two before the next group buy. I'd like to see some long term reviews on them.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:21 AM   #166

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
I'm happy to wait a month or two before the next group buy. I'd like to see some long term reviews on them.
This was my 3rd GB totaling over 150 kits sold in the past 4-5 months. I am planning on doing 1 more and probably stop for a while and work on my company getting bigger. (pool service company)
Old 10-07-2008, 09:23 AM   #167
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimcubby View Post
This was my 3rd GB totaling over 150 kits sold in the past 4-5 months. I am planning on doing 1 more and probably stop for a while and work on my company getting bigger. (pool service company)
How many complaints have you received about the ballasts quitting after use?

The new group buy will be offering the digital ballasts, right? What is the difference between the old and the new ballasts?
Old 10-07-2008, 09:29 AM   #168

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
How many complaints have you received about the ballasts quitting after use?

The new group buy will be offering the digital ballasts, right? What is the difference between the old and the new ballasts?
The difference is size they both are excellent ballasts and do the same thing. But one is much smaller, lighter and will be a little more expensive. The next GB will have options for either ballast.

I have probably had to replace about 10 ballasts that were dead on arrival. Other than that I haven't received any PM's with ballasts dying after install.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:38 AM   #169
do w3rk!
deadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

deadbolt's Tacoma Gallery
When will be the next GB? I was about to buy some HIDs but were only for the low. and it was already 140. Saw that these were bixenon for 100! thats a steal. WHEN WhEN WHEN!!
Old 10-07-2008, 03:28 PM   #170
Tail Gunner is on a distinguished road

Coast Guard:
Tail Gunner's Tacoma Gallery
Has anyone else had a problem with the H10 kit fitting in the foglight. I thought it was going to be a quick install, but for some reason I can not get the bulb to turn in the holder. It looks like the part where the gasket is at is just a RCH too big around to fit in the hole.
Old 10-07-2008, 04:46 PM   #171
Aspiring wrench monkey

TacoCo's Tacoma Gallery
Well, I think I figured out why I was blinding everyone that I passed last night... The bulb on one side wasn't fully retracted from the housing when the low beams were on. It was sitting further back, like when the high beams are on, so I essentially had one headlight on high and one on low. I pulled the bulb assembly out of the headlight and pulled the bulb as far out as it would go, and it seems to be working ok now... how long it holds up, who knows.
Old 10-07-2008, 05:57 PM   #172

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbolt View Post
When will be the next GB? I was about to buy some HIDs but were only for the low. and it was already 140. Saw that these were bixenon for 100! thats a steal. WHEN WhEN WHEN!!
I would say in about a week and I will post a link in this thread to the new GB thread so if you are subscribed to this one you'll get an email on it.
Old 10-07-2008, 05:59 PM   #173

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tail Gunner View Post
Has anyone else had a problem with the H10 kit fitting in the foglight. I thought it was going to be a quick install, but for some reason I can not get the bulb to turn in the holder. It looks like the part where the gasket is at is just a RCH too big around to fit in the hole.
You are the first to have this problem from my GB's and can't decipher what could be the problem... what temperature bulb did you get? If I have an extra pair left over I will swap you them out it could be a possible mismatch in size. Let me know so I can help you out.
Old 10-07-2008, 06:24 PM   #174
do w3rk!
deadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

deadbolt's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet. I see that there is an option for a slim ballast. how much would that be with the low/high beam one
Old 10-07-2008, 10:03 PM   #175

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbolt View Post
Sweet. I see that there is an option for a slim ballast. how much would that be with the low/high beam one
I will have the prices once I get all the details from my supplier. They will be anounced at the time of the new GB along with photos etc.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:35 AM   #176
Tail Gunner is on a distinguished road

Coast Guard:
Tail Gunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimcubby View Post
You are the first to have this problem from my GB's and can't decipher what could be the problem... what temperature bulb did you get? If I have an extra pair left over I will swap you them out it could be a possible mismatch in size. Let me know so I can help you out.
I got 6000K H10s
Old 10-08-2008, 10:52 AM   #177
Poodoo
luk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
luk8272's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tail Gunner View Post
I had a helluva time fitting my fog lights into there hole.
Old 10-09-2008, 12:02 PM   #178
Hoogie boogie!
Stupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
Stupid hurts.'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Stupid hurts.
Just curious, but if these bulbs burn out, can we buy replacements?
Old 10-09-2008, 12:36 PM   #179
Infinus will become famous soon enoughInfinus will become famous soon enough
Infinus's Tacoma Gallery
How do people like this setup in bad weather (ie: rain, snow, etc...). I put HID's on a previously vehicle only to end up blind when it rained.