Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

HID Xenon Group Buy Round 21! Ends 03/15/11

Old 03-06-2011, 07:10 PM   #21
You're my boy blue
Blue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Dylan
Blue's Tacoma Gallery
payment sent
Old 03-07-2011, 08:23 AM   #22
The lice...they hate the sugar
Richard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ted
Richard Cranium's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajaracer View Post
???, Is anyone using these eventhough they have BHLM? How much of a difference is there?
BLHM should have little/no impact on light output with these or even stock halogens for that matter.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:33 AM   #23
slimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant future

slimcubby's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman614 View Post
Awesome, two more question and I'm in +1 for a friend!

Whats the major differences between the normal ballast and the slim ballast other than size?

Will these work for my friends Chevy Silverado?
The slim ballast is the new design and new technology. The old regular ballast are good as well but just out dated. So think of it this way. You can either buy a Nokia cheap cell phone or an iPhone. Both are going to make calls but one has much better hardware in it.

Also, your friend can definitely get them for his Chevy. If he has DTRL he will have to pull that fuse so they wont run on 60% during the day. His auto headlights will still work the same. I know this because I have a 2010 Silverado as well lol.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:35 AM   #24
tntacoma has much to be proud oftntacoma has much to be proud oftntacoma has much to be proud oftntacoma has much to be proud oftntacoma has much to be proud oftntacoma has much to be proud oftntacoma has much to be proud oftntacoma has much to be proud of

Army: rangers all the way
tntacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I am new to the HID concept. Can someone explain to my why the group buy is approx, 100.00 and you can buy the HIDs for 40.00 off of the ddm website everyone is raving about?
Old 03-07-2011, 06:26 PM   #25
If ya ain't first, your last!
CNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really nice
Name: Nate
CNEDEER's Tacoma Gallery
Alright so this has probably been discussed but I need clarifiaction. If i buy the dual bi-xenon slim ballasts, am I going to have to retrofit my head lights or purchase different projectors for them to work effectively?
Old 03-07-2011, 06:30 PM   #26
slimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNEDEER View Post
Alright so this has probably been discussed but I need clarifiaction. If i buy the dual bi-xenon slim ballasts, am I going to have to retrofit my head lights or purchase different projectors for them to work effectively?
No you will not. These kits are 100% plug and play and require no cutting/modifications.
Old 03-07-2011, 06:33 PM   #27
If ya ain't first, your last!
CNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really nice
Name: Nate
CNEDEER's Tacoma Gallery
Alright cool. Ive been told the light will be scattered though if you don't have the correct projectors.. is that true?
Old 03-07-2011, 06:47 PM   #28
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
These are the hi/low kit?

Can you cut me a deal if I order two kits from you?
Old 03-07-2011, 08:27 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNEDEER View Post
Alright cool. Ive been told the light will be scattered though if you don't have the correct projectors.. is that true?
Any halogen or xenon light in a non projector housing will have some glare no matter what. People make the misconception that they will all of a sudden have glare. The only time you will not have any glare is if you have a car like a Toyota Camry that comes with projectors with either halogens or xenons. Any other housing will result the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjerseyfirefighter View Post
These are the hi/low kit?

Can you cut me a deal if I order two kits from you?
Yes, that is correct the headlight kit is both hi/low and if you get the fog lights then they are only low beam. This is already a cut deal for everyone being a group buy.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:13 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunknsloth View Post
Damn, I want the 3000k fogs! Let me see if I can scrap up some money... What exactly does your warrenty cover?
It's a 12 month warranty and covers everything. Bulbs, ballasts, wiring harness if the kit comes with one.
Old 03-09-2011, 07:58 PM   #32
mayday671 is on a distinguished road
Name: Ralph
mayday671's Tacoma Gallery
This is with a conversion kit right? If so, I'd like like a set!

- 1 H4 6000K Bixenon Slim

Let me know what's up thanks!
Old 03-09-2011, 10:14 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayday671 View Post
This is with a conversion kit right? If so, I'd like like a set!

- 1 H4 6000K Bixenon Slim

Let me know what's up thanks!
Yes, this kit comes complete with everything you need to convert your halogens to HID's.
Old 03-10-2011, 01:27 AM   #34
Sweet! Sign me up doc for (1) H4 6000K Bixenon Slim

How do I initiate the transaction?
Old 03-10-2011, 08:11 AM   #35

Yup, if you want in on the group buy I just need you to PM me the below information.

Full Name
Mailing Address
Paypal Email Address
Full Order Details
Old 03-10-2011, 10:48 AM   #36
Lol! Good lookin out fellahs! PM sent
Old 03-10-2011, 01:38 PM   #37
fka unregistered lurker...
munkel is on a distinguished road

Name: Mike
munkel's Tacoma Gallery
Anything to be aware of when putting these on an 04, I am looking at the hi/lo kit with slim ballasts, brightest white available, rather not have any blue/yellow tint. I read the install for the 2nd gen just not sure how similar the headlights are between the two. Do I leave the weird insert in that's in the stock light?

Thanks,

Mike
Old 03-10-2011, 05:44 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by munkel View Post
Anything to be aware of when putting these on an 04, I am looking at the hi/lo kit with slim ballasts, brightest white available, rather not have any blue/yellow tint. I read the install for the 2nd gen just not sure how similar the headlights are between the two. Do I leave the weird insert in that's in the stock light?

Thanks,

Mike
Should be just as easy of an install. Not sure about what insert you are talking about. If it is the rubber boot then yes you reuse them.
Old 03-10-2011, 05:45 PM   #39

Attention Buyers:

For those with "Pending Payment" status please be sure to make your PayPal payments the moment you receive the invoices. This way there is no chance of missing the group buy for not getting your payment in on time.

Thank you,
~Slim
Old 03-10-2011, 08:16 PM   #40
2010nctaco is a splendid one to behold2010nctaco is a splendid one to behold2010nctaco is a splendid one to behold2010nctaco is a splendid one to behold2010nctaco is a splendid one to behold2010nctaco is a splendid one to behold2010nctaco is a splendid one to behold

Law Enforcement: Trooper
Name: Blake
2010nctaco's Tacoma Gallery
I bought last summer. my favorite mod so far. a great buy.