Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

Hi Lift Jack Group Buy

Old 03-04-2011, 08:10 AM   #21
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Just for the record. I was not drinking. Just saying.
Old 03-04-2011, 08:35 AM   #22
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Lol, that sucks man! I'll prob just use it on sliders and in offroad situations just in case!
Old 03-04-2011, 08:40 AM   #23
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matic View Post
Centered the hi-lift on the rear bumper (stock) about one inch to the left of the factory hitch nut. Jacked it till both wheels were off the ground which I have a aal in the back so it was up in the air pretty good.
Unstable as hell. Truck shot off to the right almost thru the garage wall and jack shot off to the left.
Mind you I was only about 1 inch off center because of the trailer hitch nut.
The entire thing felt flimsy as hell. Just my experience.
Not something I would have tried with that bumper/jack combo. Very unstable to try to jack from the middle of bumper.

And in a garage I woulda used a real jack...
Old 03-04-2011, 08:43 AM   #24
Oh gravity, thou art a heartless bitch!
AvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
AvsFanTRD's Tacoma Gallery
how is this a deal if i have to buy 2 extra accessories, especially if the OP priced it on amazon and it being a mere few dollars difference? Why not just buy the hi-lift by it self somewhere else and not have to spend the extra money on accessories?
Old 03-04-2011, 09:07 AM   #25
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvsFanTRD View Post
how is this a deal if i have to buy 2 extra accessories, especially if the OP priced it on amazon and it being a mere few dollars difference? Why not just buy the hi-lift by it self somewhere else and not have to spend the extra money on accessories?
other people may want accesories
Old 03-04-2011, 09:22 AM   #26
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The price before the discount was very close to the price on amazon. I was planning on buying these accessories too, so it sounds like a good deal to me.
If you don't want to have to buy 2 accessories, then don't. Simple as that. Thanks for wasting my time.
Old 03-04-2011, 09:55 AM   #27
Banned
DdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Crazy
DdayIsNear's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLink View Post
The price before the discount was very close to the price on amazon. I was planning on buying these accessories too, so it sounds like a good deal to me.
If you don't want to have to buy 2 accessories, then don't. Simple as that. Thanks for wasting my time.

Old 03-04-2011, 10:14 AM   #28
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JLink's Tacoma Gallery
The List:
(add your name or pm me and tell me to add yours)
1.) JLink
Old 03-04-2011, 03:06 PM   #29
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Are we covering shipping or it's included? That's cool of them to work a GB for us and props to you for hitting them up!
Old 03-04-2011, 04:28 PM   #30

JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
Are we covering shipping or it's included? That's cool of them to work a GB for us and props to you for hitting them up!
We will have to pay shipping. Thanks for bringing that up, I'll add that to the OP.
Yeah I was thinking about things I need, and realized I should just try to set up a GB for them. Weathertech floor mats are in the works too, but I cant seem to get ahold of the lady in charge of GB's. Left 3 voicemails so far
Old 03-04-2011, 07:12 PM   #31

JLink's Tacoma Gallery
night bump?
Old 03-04-2011, 07:38 PM   #32
StandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Prior service. KC135 Crew Chief
Name: John
StandingCow's Tacoma Gallery
The List:
(add your name or pm me and tell me to add yours)
1.) JLink
2.) StandingCow
Old 03-04-2011, 08:18 PM   #33
Canada Toyota 4WD
Doc McCoy is on a distinguished road

Doc McCoy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matic View Post
Centered the hi-lift on the rear bumper (stock) about one inch to the left of the factory hitch nut. Jacked it till both wheels were off the ground which I have a aal in the back so it was up in the air pretty good.
Unstable as hell. Truck shot off to the right almost thru the garage wall and jack shot off to the left.
Mind you I was only about 1 inch off center because of the trailer hitch nut.
The entire thing felt flimsy as hell. Just my experience.
I'm not looking at the instructions but I'm pretty sure that it says not to do exactly this for exactly that reason. There is a shunting technique that uses this principle to get out of jam where you're high centered in some ruts but it's done with the idea that it's super dangerous.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post
other people may want accesories
I HIGHLY recommend the Lift-Mate accessory. Instead of lifting from the sliders and maxing out on the Hi-Lift beam because of the wheel travel, you use the Lift-mate to lift the wheel directly and that side of the vehicle is lifted much much quicker.
Old 03-05-2011, 07:16 AM   #34

JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc McCoy View Post
I'm not looking at the instructions but I'm pretty sure that it says not to do exactly this for exactly that reason. There is a shunting technique that uses this principle to get out of jam where you're high centered in some ruts but it's done with the idea that it's super dangerous.

I HIGHLY recommend the Lift-Mate accessory. Instead of lifting from the sliders and maxing out on the Hi-Lift beam because of the wheel travel, you use the Lift-mate to lift the wheel directly and that side of the vehicle is lifted much much quicker.
Thanks for your input and Welcome to Tacoma World!
Old 03-05-2011, 06:45 PM   #35

JLink's Tacoma Gallery
bump
Old 03-06-2011, 06:06 AM   #36
StandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Prior service. KC135 Crew Chief
Name: John
StandingCow's Tacoma Gallery
Really? More people don't need hilifts?! What is this!?
Old 03-06-2011, 07:26 AM   #37
LRGRNR
Sandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sandman614's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by StandingCow View Post
I think the circumstances are scaring people away, some people may not need the accessories that are required to get the discount.
Old 03-06-2011, 10:17 AM   #38

JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman614 View Post
I think the circumstances are scaring people away, some people may not need the accessories that are required to get the discount.
Understandable, but the handle keeper, fix it kit, and neoprene cover are things that IMO everyone should need
Old 03-06-2011, 05:47 PM   #40
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by StandingCow View Post
I just picked one up last week, but if I hadn't I'd be on this GB for sure.

Free BUMP!