Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

Hi Lift Jack Group Buy

Old 03-06-2011, 06:01 PM   #41
LRGRNR
Sandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sandman614's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLink View Post
Understandable, but the handle keeper, fix it kit, and neoprene cover are things that IMO everyone should need
Agreed.
Old 03-06-2011, 08:15 PM   #42
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
night bump
Old 03-07-2011, 07:02 AM   #44
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Nice! Thanks mark! Now we just need 7 more!
Old 03-07-2011, 07:24 AM   #45
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Dam I just bought one or I would of been all over this. Free bump!
Old 03-07-2011, 08:42 AM   #46
Canada Toyota 4WD
Doc McCoy is on a distinguished road

Doc McCoy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks for your input and Welcome to Tacoma World!
Thanks ... long time reader, first time poster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDawgfan View Post
So what is the deal with these jacks doubling as come alongs?
WAY better than a come-a-long. Rating is a lot higher than most come-a-longs, plus you also have a jack. No brainer, leave the come-a-long at home and get a Hi-lift.

Hi-Lift accessories that are awesome include;

"Off-road Kit" or ORK (Come-a-long / hand winch replacement).
Hi-Lift Base (great when you're using the jack in snow sand or mud)
Lift Mate (I mentioned it before but it's awesome to have)

I also like the Hi-Lift brand Handle keeper, there are other brands out there but the Hi-Lift one can be slid over the top clamp without having to remove it. Since it is best to remove the handle keeper everytime you use the jack (so you get full handle travel), it makes life easier in the long run.

The rac mounting options are okay .. but I prefer a custom mounting solution.
Old 03-07-2011, 05:14 PM   #47

JLink's Tacoma Gallery
evening bump
Old 03-08-2011, 04:04 AM   #48

JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Come on guys! Anyone who doesn't have a Hi lift, and goes offroading, really should get one. not only is it a jack, it also can be used as a come along, as well as a few other techniques to help get you un stuck. One of the most versatile offroading tools.
GET ON THIS!!!
Old 03-08-2011, 06:17 AM   #49
poynter is a splendid one to beholdpoynter is a splendid one to beholdpoynter is a splendid one to beholdpoynter is a splendid one to beholdpoynter is a splendid one to beholdpoynter is a splendid one to beholdpoynter is a splendid one to behold

Name: Tony
poynter's Tacoma Gallery
I wonder if the hi-lift accessories work with the harbor freight knockoff?
Old 03-08-2011, 10:03 AM   #51
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
I hate to tell you this but your not saving anything buying a Hi-lift from rockymountainsusp you will pay more.

I just added a 48" Extreme and ORB to my cart and the total was 130.25 + 34.00 shipping.

I went to Amazon and added the same thing to my cart and it came out to
125.18 out the door with free shipping

So your not really saving anything even with the 12% off.

And to the OP with all the stuff you listed your buying your going to be spending about 15 bucks more then you would on Amazon for the same stuff just letting you know.
Old 03-08-2011, 01:28 PM   #52

JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Everything I'm ordering is cheaper than amazon, even before the discount.. The only thing I could see making a difference is the shipping but I'll have to see what amazon's "super saver shipping" means when I'm not on my phone.
Old 03-08-2011, 01:33 PM   #53
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Everything I'm ordering is cheaper than amazon, even before the discount.. The only thing I could see making a difference is the shipping but I'll have to see what amazon's "super saver shipping" means when I'm not on my phone.

Yeah it's the shipping that's going to get you. I added everything your buying and it's just about 15 bucks cheaper on Amazon out the door.
Old 03-08-2011, 03:12 PM   #54

JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
Yeah it's the shipping that's going to get you. I added everything your buying and it's just about 15 bucks cheaper on Amazon out the door.
I just added up everything I want on their website and on amazon's.
Amazon = $180.26 and free shipping (prices change constantly)
Rocky Mountain =$173.25 - %12 = $152.46 + $23.00 (shipping depends on your location) = $175.46

So its not much of a savings, but I will be saving $5 by using this group buy. I'd rather support Rocky Mountain than Amazon anyway.

I just called Margie and told her about this and she said she understands if people don't want to do the group buy so we will be letting it go till the end of next week and if we dont have 10 people we'll cancel it. If anyone sees anything on their website and would like a group buy, she is willing to work something out. She mentioned that she has alot more room for discount on lift kits if we can get like 5 people who all want the same lift..
Old 03-08-2011, 03:36 PM   #55
First Class White Trash
achirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
achirdo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matic View Post
after the incident I had in my garage last weekend with my hi-lift, I would consider an aluminum racing jack with some 2x4 blocks instead.
now u have to explain. not an option

Old 03-08-2011, 03:41 PM   #56

JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by achirdo View Post
now u have to explain. not an option

He already did...

Quote:
Centered the hi-lift on the rear bumper (stock) about one inch to the left of the factory hitch nut. Jacked it till both wheels were off the ground which I have a aal in the back so it was up in the air pretty good.
Unstable as hell. Truck shot off to the right almost thru the garage wall and jack shot off to the left.
Mind you I was only about 1 inch off center because of the trailer hitch nut.
The entire thing felt flimsy as hell. Just my experience.
Quote:
Just for the record. I was not drinking. Just saying.
Old 03-08-2011, 03:45 PM   #57
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I just added up everything I want on their website and on amazon's.
Amazon = $180.26 and free shipping (prices change constantly)
Rocky Mountain =$173.25 - %12 = $152.46 + $23.00 (shipping depends on your location) = $175.46

So its not much of a savings, but I will be saving $5 by using this group buy. I'd rather support Rocky Mountain than Amazon anyway.

I just called Margie and told her about this and she said she understands if people don't want to do the group buy so we will be letting it go till the end of next week and if we dont have 10 people we'll cancel it. If anyone sees anything on their website and would like a group buy, she is willing to work something out. She mentioned that she has alot more room for discount on lift kits if we can get like 5 people who all want the same lift..
Well your shipping is less then out here so it would be worth it.
Old 03-08-2011, 03:58 PM   #58

JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
Well your shipping is less then out here so it would be worth it.
Yea it looks like this group buy isnt going to work out.
Old 03-08-2011, 04:00 PM   #59
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yea it looks like this group buy isnt going to work out.

That sucks shipping is always the killer.
Old 03-08-2011, 04:36 PM   #60

JLink's Tacoma Gallery
I can be mad at you for killing my group buy, but it wasn't exactly going very well to begin with.. so instead I'll thank you for showing me that I can just use amazon as the group buy.. lol.

thanks man