1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

LED Lighting Strips (Interior/Exterior)

Discussion in 'Group Buys' started by Drunknsloth, Mar 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mar 15, 2011 at 10:42 AM
    Drunknsloth

Drunknsloth [OP] Indffrnce will be the fall of manknd but who cares

Member:
    First Name:
    Retribution
    South West
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 Access V6 6-Speed
    Blacked-Out Badges; Retribution Decals (Sockmonkey); Tailgate Mod; Red LED Rear Blinkers; Yellow Foglights; Yellow Front Blinkers; Superwhite Xenon Corner Bulb; Leer Bedcap; Bedrug Bedmat; Black Cupholders; Black Plastic Piece Around Window Controls; Plasti-Dip Front Bumper Valence; Plasti-Dip Grill Surround; Blackout Chrome Back Bumper; Metal Miller Skid-Plate; Aero Turbine 2525 Muffler; TSB Rear Leaf Springs and Shocks; Satoshi Grill Pending; Off-Roading Torn off Mirror (Replaced); Blue-Sea Fuse Box; Tinted Tail Lights; URD Short Shifter; Interior Mood Lighting; Hood Lights; BedLights Pending
    Should be around 4 or 5 bucks. I still need to check on the status of those. :eek:

2. Mar 15, 2011 at 10:43 AM
    97yota4wd

97yota4wd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    alot of metal, small engine, decent travel.
    caged, camburg long travel, 50t leafpack (soon to be installed) light rack over cab, 5pt harnesses etc
    awesome thanks! pretty excited!

3. Mar 15, 2011 at 10:46 AM
    Drunknsloth

Member:
    First Name:
    Retribution
    South West
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 Access V6 6-Speed
    Blacked-Out Badges; Retribution Decals (Sockmonkey); Tailgate Mod; Red LED Rear Blinkers; Yellow Foglights; Yellow Front Blinkers; Superwhite Xenon Corner Bulb; Leer Bedcap; Bedrug Bedmat; Black Cupholders; Black Plastic Piece Around Window Controls; Plasti-Dip Front Bumper Valence; Plasti-Dip Grill Surround; Blackout Chrome Back Bumper; Metal Miller Skid-Plate; Aero Turbine 2525 Muffler; TSB Rear Leaf Springs and Shocks; Satoshi Grill Pending; Off-Roading Torn off Mirror (Replaced); Blue-Sea Fuse Box; Tinted Tail Lights; URD Short Shifter; Interior Mood Lighting; Hood Lights; BedLights Pending
    Same here bro :D

4. Mar 15, 2011 at 10:55 AM
    bjmoose

bjmoose Bullwinkle J. Moose

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    San Jose CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 Std Cab 4x4 5sp
    OME suspension, ARB Air Lockers, CBI/Relentless/Pelfrey armor, HAM radio
    The function of the "connectors" isn't clear.

If they're required, why are they not included?

If they're optional, what are they for?

Perhaps a couple detail photos would help.

5. Mar 15, 2011 at 10:58 AM
    Drunknsloth

Member:
    First Name:
    Retribution
    South West
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 Access V6 6-Speed
    My current understanding is that you can connect two of the rigid bars together with no other parts, but the connector is needed to the power source. I'm still trying to figure out the details of the flexible strips and I will change the package deal if it is needed.

6. Mar 15, 2011 at 12:58 PM
    Nixinus

Nixinus Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4
    I do not quite understand this. If you can connect the two together, and I assume you can power one without a connector, why is it needed?

7. Mar 15, 2011 at 2:10 PM
    SuthrnTaco07

SuthrnTaco07 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Huntsville, AL
    Vehicle:
    2020 Cement Tundra Limited
    None
    Hey man.. Just gonna let you know.. It's supposed to be 2 white and 3 green of that's cool!

8. Mar 15, 2011 at 5:13 PM
    NC15TRD

NC15TRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    PA
    Vehicle:
    16 Sierra SLT All Terrain
    Readylift, Truxedo, Husky Liners, Carven

9. Mar 15, 2011 at 8:20 PM
    Drunknsloth

Member:
    First Name:
    Retribution
    South West
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 Access V6 6-Speed
    The Rigid Light bars will have a connection from the bars into a 12v and a ground, you can also connect the rigid bars end to end so you would have a 20" Rigid Bar of light. If you want to be able to extend the connection between the Rigid Bars, or turn one to follow a different line a middle connector would be needed. I will be offering the middle connectors in various lengths if you do not want to deal with the hassle of soldering. We are still trying to put together a connector for flexible strips that are cut so you can have a break in the lighting if that's what you want.

I can just send you the RGB's and you can wire them up to the colors you want. Just ground all the colors to get white, and just the green to get green. Or do you want 2 Cool White Strips and 3 RGBs?

It's up to you. I would recommend wiring them in with a switch, but including a converter would be no problem, just let me know.

-Retribution

10. Mar 15, 2011 at 8:32 PM
    SuthrnTaco07

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Huntsville, AL
    Vehicle:
    None
    If it would be the same price for all RGBs then do that if not then 2 cool white and 3 RGBs.

If its not much more for all RGB ($5 - $10) then just make it all RGBs!

11. Mar 15, 2011 at 8:36 PM
    Drunknsloth

Member:
    First Name:
    Retribution
    South West
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 Access V6 6-Speed
    It should be the same price, if not a small difference. I'll change that on the OP

12. Mar 16, 2011 at 11:14 AM
    Nixinus

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4
    Correct me if I am wrong, but does this mean that if I plan on running one rigid bar on each side of the truck bed I will not need the connector but instead run and solder my own wire to a power source?

Thanks for keeping up with the questions too.

13. Mar 16, 2011 at 1:30 PM
    Drunknsloth

Member:
    First Name:
    Retribution
    South West
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 Access V6 6-Speed
    You're only getting a pair of Cool White rigid bars right? That will currently only come with one connector from the bars to 12v and Ground, I may change that in the near future. But currently you will need to get another connector so you can either connect the two bars together with the two bar connector (I have them in various lengths or you can cut and extend the wires yourself), or you can get a connector to wire them separately.

14. Mar 16, 2011 at 1:46 PM
    SuthrnTaco07

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Huntsville, AL
    Vehicle:
    None
    Quick question.. Do you sell the RGB switch? If so how much would that be?

15. Mar 16, 2011 at 3:01 PM
    Nixinus

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4
    So it seems that if I wire them together or separate I am going to need an extra connector? Why dont you just sell each bar with its own connector?

Maybe some pics of the bars and connectors for clarification?

16. Mar 16, 2011 at 3:37 PM
    Redgrom

Redgrom http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-builds/29

Member:
    First Name:
    Brent
    san clemente
    Vehicle:
    4x4 taco and 96 ford bronco
    ATO front skid (need more but icon's might fail if I hang anything else from my truck) All-Pro front bumper thanks to a good deal here and a pesky encounter with a rock or 20, total chaos uppers.
    When you have time can you post a pic of everything included in the sale of the rigid bar. From the original photos with the light on I am having a hard time figuring it out.I will admit I am no electrical genus so picture might help some of us slower individuals.

17. Mar 16, 2011 at 9:19 PM
    mnudo200827

mnudo200827 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Corona, CA
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma Double Cab Prerunner
    Icon Coilovers, All-Pro UCA's, All Pro 3" Leaf Springs, Rear Fox Adjustable Shocks, Stainless Steel Brake lines, 17" KMC Addicts wrapped in 305/65/17 KM2's, Kenwood DDX 512 stereo, 2 12" Polk Audio MM1240 subs in custom enclosure, 4 component speakers, Wet Okole Seat Covers
    ya maybe a close up of the lights(flexible and rigid) and the connectors and the wiring. It will help. Thanks...Mike

18. Mar 17, 2011 at 7:25 AM
    Drunknsloth

Member:
    First Name:
    Retribution
    South West
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 Access V6 6-Speed
    I'll ask my uncle tonight.

I'll take some tonight when I get home.

19. Mar 18, 2011 at 8:03 AM
    Drunknsloth

Member:
    First Name:
    Retribution
    South West
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 Access V6 6-Speed
    Sorry, I didn't have time last night to take pictures, I'll have to get some late tonight

20. Mar 18, 2011 at 12:10 PM
    lancezimm

lancezimm Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lance
    Castle Rock, CO
    Vehicle:
    '06 Tacoma TRD Off Road
    Kenwood KDC-BT645U headunit w/ Metra Dash Kit and Axxess ASWC, Access Roll-Up Tonneau, Pop-N-Lock Tailgate Lock, WeatherTech Floor Liners, Wet Okole Seat Covers, TRD Cold Air Intake, Toyota Running Boards, Toyota Mudflaps, Toyota Bug Shield and Toyota Bed Mat
    Subscribed for future reference. I just bought LEDs for truck bed lights, but this is interesting.

What would be the best way to install under the bed rails for the rigid strips?

I'm assuming 3M double stick tape.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top