LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

Pre-Made Satoshi Grille Piece Group Buy

Old 03-20-2011, 09:46 AM   #41
timsxr is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimsxr is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimsxr is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimsxr is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimsxr is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimsxr is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimsxr is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimsxr is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimsxr is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimsxr is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimsxr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

timsxr's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation

I might have missed it, in the mold did you add tabs for people to screw the mesh to so they don't have to glue or ziptie???
Old 03-20-2011, 09:48 AM   #43
Taco Madre
ronny97 is a splendid one to beholdronny97 is a splendid one to beholdronny97 is a splendid one to beholdronny97 is a splendid one to beholdronny97 is a splendid one to beholdronny97 is a splendid one to beholdronny97 is a splendid one to beholdronny97 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Ronny
ronny97's Tacoma Gallery
I am so in. I've been in since you started the first thread. I didn't get on the forum yesterday so I missed alot. What a surprise that this has turned into a GB. Thanks so much for doing this. I hope this runs smooth.
Old 03-20-2011, 09:49 AM   #44
Retired?
gatlin69 has much to be proud ofgatlin69 has much to be proud ofgatlin69 has much to be proud ofgatlin69 has much to be proud ofgatlin69 has much to be proud ofgatlin69 has much to be proud ofgatlin69 has much to be proud ofgatlin69 has much to be proud ofgatlin69 has much to be proud of

Air Force: Retired
Name: Scott
gatlin69's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post
Will get to all questions & update list late this afternoon/evening...
Doing charity walk for cancer today in Philly with the family.
Thanks!
Good on you...
Old 03-20-2011, 10:03 AM   #45
robstaco35 has a brilliant futurerobstaco35 has a brilliant futurerobstaco35 has a brilliant futurerobstaco35 has a brilliant futurerobstaco35 has a brilliant futurerobstaco35 has a brilliant futurerobstaco35 has a brilliant futurerobstaco35 has a brilliant futurerobstaco35 has a brilliant futurerobstaco35 has a brilliant futurerobstaco35 has a brilliant future

Name: Rob
robstaco35's Tacoma Gallery
Count me in! , will want the mesh too.
Old 03-20-2011, 01:09 PM   #46
TOYWERX
HomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
HomerTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC1983 View Post
I'm interested, would like to see prototype first.
The prototype is my Satoshi insert off of my truck and is pictured from two different angles on the first post. The final product will look like this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkbigbuds View Post
sign me up... i want to put lights behind mine though... is this for the reduced depth insert too? how much is the markup for it?
I wish I could give you an exact answer... The Reduced Depth will have to be done by hand & I'm a perfectionist.. I'll have to ask you to wait until I have the final product to use one as a guinea pig. best guess: $25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty5Thirty View Post
I'm sorry if I missed this question, but will they be coming only in black?

Eithery way... I'm in!!!!!

Yes, that is the plan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by angeldavid216 View Post
Im all in... can you please post up more pics??? possibly with the grill??
The final product will look exactly like the grill in my current sig pic. I have aluminum mesh installed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatlin69 View Post
I am very interested...just will have to wait for the mesh before I commit...it is going to be a no cut/drill install?
The Install will be as painless as possible! That is the real point of this whole endeavor is to make the mod less complicated. The actual removal of the insert took less than 5 minutes with a dremmel tool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Craig can you take a picture of what the mounting holes for the mesh will look like? I want to keep my grillcraft and mount it flush with the back. Need to know what I'm up against.
Keith, hang in with me on this. I need to see what the manufacturer is able to produce on the mold. I originally intended to have mounting hardware included but that was before I knew more about the actual process of manufacturing.
I will say this: My grille (with is now disassembled) was held together using the zip-tie method & was strong as all hell. I'll have a firm answer on this Tuesday when I drop off the Prototype.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06TXED View Post
I am all in! friggin sweet deal I don't have the time for the mod. I will also need the mesh as well. put my name down 100% What color does the surround come in... all black? I Like the color matched grill (TRD sport) with the satoshi mod. Thats the look that I am aiming for. Is this grill compatible with the elusive elements inserts?

Yes the insert will be black. I see no reason why Tim's grill wouldn't work on the insert... From the pics in his GB it looks like it screws right into it. (really slick looking too..)
Quote:
Originally Posted by theredofshaw View Post
x2 on the color...i'm assuming black? how would I go about matching it to my MGM color?
Order matching paint & spray it yourself or pay a body shop to do it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhion82 View Post
I'm interested but need to see the mesh first.
Will have pics up hopefully Monday, but no later than Wed. next week!
Quote:
Originally Posted by timsxr View Post
I might have missed it, in the mold did you add tabs for people to screw the mesh to so they don't have to glue or ziptie???
see my answer to Keith above. BTW - your grilles & light bars are badass!

Thanks for all the input & patience on this project!

as of now we are halfway to the goal for the first run of 50.
Old 03-20-2011, 01:57 PM   #47
dkbigbuds is on a distinguished road
dkbigbuds's Tacoma Gallery
that sounds like a good ballpark to me... sign me up mesh too!! any way i can get a little extra mesh for the bottom valance too?
Old 03-20-2011, 02:14 PM   #48
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
I will buy when...

Mesh is as quality, strong and able to transmit light (not thick for max light transfer). Available for the main piece and triangles.

Half depth Satoshi you stated youd be making in limited quantity.

When those are lined up I am buying... and not untill.
Old 03-20-2011, 02:17 PM   #49
KodiakVA is on a distinguished road
KodiakVA's Tacoma Gallery
You the man!!

Count me in. Just tell me how you would like to get the money and I'm on it. USPS Money order works best for me and is very safe for you.

Also if I can throw in my 2 cents. I would like to see some substantial tabs on the outside of the interior section of the center section and outer triangles. These tabs could be used to tap into for securing the mesh to the frame. If they were each of a substantial size a person can align the holes of the mesh with the tabs for perfect placement. If each tab has a large surface area this piece could easily handle many different meshes without issue. So while there may be more Satoshi's the many different mashes will make each a little more unique. Also changing meshes will be a snap.

Thanks again and just say when you need the dough!
Old 03-20-2011, 02:22 PM   #50
timsxr is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimsxr is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimsxr is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimsxr is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimsxr is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimsxr is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimsxr is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimsxr is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimsxr is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimsxr is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimsxr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

timsxr's Tacoma Gallery
Put me down for one so I can test fit my grills.. It will be nice even on front mount grills ie grillcraft and my front inserts so when you look behind the mesh it won't be all cut up!!
Old 03-20-2011, 03:23 PM   #51
TOYWERX
HomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
HomerTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkbigbuds View Post
that sounds like a good ballpark to me... sign me up mesh too!! any way i can get a little extra mesh for the bottom valance too?
I plan to offer an option for that as well - more info this coming week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevL View Post
I will buy when...

Mesh is as quality, strong and able to transmit light (not thick for max light transfer). Available for the main piece and triangles.

Half depth Satoshi you stated youd be making in limited quantity.

When those are lined up I am buying... and not untill.
got it. totally understandable. stand by for more info.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodiakVA View Post
You the man!!

Count me in. Just tell me how you would like to get the money and I'm on it. USPS Money order works best for me and is very safe for you.

Also if I can throw in my 2 cents. I would like to see some substantial tabs on the outside of the interior section of the center section and outer triangles. These tabs could be used to tap into for securing the mesh to the frame. If they were each of a substantial size a person can align the holes of the mesh with the tabs for perfect placement. If each tab has a large surface area this piece could easily handle many different meshes without issue. So while there may be more Satoshi's the many different mashes will make each a little more unique. Also changing meshes will be a snap.

Thanks again and just say when you need the dough!
^^^this post^^^ is EXACTLY what I have in mind but will not know until my meeting with the manufacturer on Tues.
I know how to attach with the zip-tie method but I was hoping for something better. With the injection mold, anything is possible, with vacuum form there are limitations...
once again... stand by...

Quote:
Originally Posted by timsxr View Post
Put me down for one so I can test fit my grills.. It will be nice even on front mount grills ie grillcraft and my front inserts so when you look behind the mesh it won't be all cut up!!
you bet!
Old 03-20-2011, 04:10 PM   #52
My68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
My68ur8trd's Tacoma Gallery
Put me down for the reduced depth version.

how big will the lip be? I would like about 3/4 to 1" for the depth

Justin
Old 03-20-2011, 05:48 PM   #53
dkbigbuds is on a distinguished road
dkbigbuds's Tacoma Gallery
cant wait!!!
Old 03-20-2011, 08:22 PM   #54
MC1983 is on a distinguished road
Name: Mark
MC1983's Tacoma Gallery
Put me on the list. Would local pickup be available as well?
Old 03-20-2011, 09:16 PM   #57
Brainless is a jewel in the roughBrainless is a jewel in the roughBrainless is a jewel in the roughBrainless is a jewel in the rough

Name: Greg
Brainless's Tacoma Gallery
Im in for sure.
Old 03-20-2011, 09:20 PM   #58
Itsnevertoearlytostartbee fingupyourobituary
VanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
VanillaGorilla's Tacoma Gallery
Im in 100%
Old 03-20-2011, 09:27 PM   #59
FJ FTW!
southern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shed

southern_x's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVURA55 View Post
Im in 100%
do these work with the partsgeek.com grills or oem only?
Old 03-20-2011, 09:32 PM   #60
jamant12 has a spectacular aura aboutjamant12 has a spectacular aura about

Air Force:
Name: Mark
jamant12's Tacoma Gallery
Please count me in if there's still room on the list! Thanks!