Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

TRD Cold Air Intake Group Buy April 2011

Old 03-28-2011, 04:19 PM   #1
Expedition Style
sierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
sierrahsky's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to sierrahsky
TRD Cold Air Intake Group Buy April 2011

I am working with a local Toyota Dealership to offer OEM parts in group buys throughout the year. This will be the first one they want to do to "test" the waters so to speak. If this goes well they will do several more throughout the year. Some of the items that will be offered are roof racks, bluetooth, skids, and even color matched grills.

We need to hit 10 orders to get the initial discount. Over 10 and we will receive an additional discount. The Group Buy Begins April 1, 2011 and Ends April 29, 2011.

MSRP $474.00 Group Buy Price $380.00 Shipped ( US 48 )
TRD Performance Air Intake: 05-11 Tacoma & 07 - 09 FJ Cruiser
The dyno-tested TRD cold air intake system creates more horsepower and torque by bringing cooler, denser air to the engine. The cold air intake features a low-restriction air filter in a special molded filter housing with an embossed aluminum top. It also incorporates a vacuum indicator that automatically indicates when the filter should be serviced. Emissions legal in all 50 states. (Tundra TRD Performance Air Intake pictured). *Emission-legal for aftermarket sale via C.A.R.B Executive Order.

Shipping to Canada
After we received a quote to ship we found out from our toyota rep that we are not allowed to ship to canada based on trade agreements with other dealerships. I assume this is due to the cost difference. If you wish to purchase and want your items shipped to canada you will have to get a TW member to send them to you as we will get in major trouble if we do.

Payment & Ordering
Items will be shipped out the same day the payment is received. Payment is due within 5 days of the end of the group buy. If you sign up and bail out at the last minute you will be blacklisted. Once I receive your information I will contact you to set up payment. You will receive an email P.O Confirmation and a shipping time.

PM me or Email (@ josh@fallonautomall.com ) me your info as follows.

-First and Last name
-Phone number
-Shipping Address
-Email Address
-Vehicle Specs (make model year sub model/style)

Red= Payment Info Received Green= Paid in full Black=No info, no payment recieved.
The List:
1. SoCA - Payment INfo Received
2. jrgutierr - Payment info received
3. Blasphemous - Payment info received
4. Trev D - contacted, awaiting info
5. Highrise - contacted, awaiting info
6. Chuckulls - payment info received
7. Apricotshot - payment info received
8. mountainprimat2 - payment info received
9. Toytaco - contacted and awaiting payment info.
10. Bones2Blood002 - payment info received
Old 03-28-2011, 04:22 PM   #2
Banned
raswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rick
raswank's Tacoma Gallery
369.00 on Ebay. I think they can do better than that.
Old 03-28-2011, 04:24 PM   #3
doubletap is on a distinguished road

doubletap's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by raswank View Post
Yea, hope they can do better cause I can find it at other places for less as well.
Old 03-28-2011, 04:29 PM   #5
Expedition Style
sierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shed

"369.00 on Ebay. I think they can do better than that."

That price is our actual cost but when you add in shipping is what puts us around $380.
Old 03-28-2011, 04:31 PM   #6
Expedition Style

"Yea, hope they can do better cause I can find it at other places for less as well."

From what we found the only other authorized toyota online stores were higher priced than us. Where did you find so we can check it out and figure out how they could possibly be that low? lol
Old 03-28-2011, 04:32 PM   #7
I'm crackin eggs of wisdom
Shiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Curt (krt)
Shiftin2Sixth's Tacoma Gallery
Here it is for $369 free shipping on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT
Old 03-28-2011, 04:33 PM   #8
Expedition Style

Quote:
From what I found on ebay most of the authorized re-sellers or Toyota dealers are roughly 499.
Old 03-28-2011, 04:36 PM   #9
usnwarrior1 is on a distinguished road
Navy: MA1 (EXW)
Name: Ben
usnwarrior1's Tacoma Gallery
380 includes shipping?
Old 03-28-2011, 04:37 PM   #10
Expedition Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by usnwarrior1 View Post
380 includes shipping?
Yes, to the US 48.
Old 03-28-2011, 04:59 PM   #11
raskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
raskal311's Tacoma Gallery
its free shipping on ebay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-...Q5fAccessories

If u can lower the price a bit more I'm in for one.
Old 03-28-2011, 04:59 PM   #12
doubletap is on a distinguished road

doubletap's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubletap View Post
Yea, hope they can do better cause I can find it at other places for less as well.
My bad, found it for the same price on EBAY. I was looking at a K&N filter and got mixed up with the price on another TRD parts store website.
Old 03-28-2011, 05:02 PM   #13
Expedition Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by raskal311 View Post
its free shipping on ebay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-...Q5fAccessories

If u can lower the price a bit more I'm in for one.
Prob is that would be below cost if we included shipping. And I am pretty sure from that link that he is not a dealer. I will email him and find out cause if he is I have no idea how he could sell that low when we don't even get them from Toyota for that price.
Old 03-28-2011, 05:18 PM   #14
Expedition Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
I dont understand............are u working as a retailer, or as a TW member working WITH a retailer?

and now finding someone with a better price, going to report it?
I am working as a TW member who works @ a local dealership.

As far as the price goes, I did my research not only when I purchased my own intake but also online and locally trying to find a good deal and the closest I found was selling for 390 + shipping.

As far as this ebay seller, if he can sell at that price in bulk, great.

My goal is simply to get a low price from a quality source for the TW community.
Old 03-28-2011, 05:23 PM   #15
Expedition Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyJet View Post
Who cares if hes a dealer? Hes cheaper. What could possibly break on an air intake? LOL
The point in him being a dealer is this was supposed to be a deal for multiple people, not just one person.
Old 03-28-2011, 05:28 PM   #17
Expedition Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by linwoodm View Post
I thought this intake was actually counter productive?
I am not a mechanic or a toyota developer, but I can speak for my own experience and i love my intake. I did not purchase for power but rather for a little sound and for the filter and mileage benefits. I am up here at 5K feet elevation and it has made a difference for me.
Old 03-29-2011, 01:03 PM   #18
Expedition Style

Quote:
Like I thought this is a one off and not a repeatable sale.

From Ebay:

Dear nvbimmerman,

This is the only one

- gmannn79
Click "respond" to reply through Messages, or go to your email to reply

To: gmannn79
Subject: Details about item: nvbimmerman sent a message about 2005-2011 TOYOTA TACOMA/FJ CRUISER TRD COLD AIR INTAKE #180644595416
Sent Date: Mar-28-11 17:21:42 PDT

Dear gmannn79,

Do you have more than 1 of these available for sale or is this the only 1?

- nvbimmerman

Old 03-29-2011, 01:11 PM   #20
Expedition Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscdave View Post
325?
? I am lost what are you asking me?