Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

GROUP BUY: Safari Snorkel Kit ($200)

Old 05-11-2011, 03:39 PM   #101
Street glide or die
yotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
yotamikez's Tacoma Gallery
im out
Old 05-11-2011, 09:57 PM   #102
Manlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Manlaan's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not completely sold on the whole "my plastic is better than your plastic" thing (ok, maybe if we're talking extreme temps, but not here in my part of the country).

I am a bit concerned about the fit of the product and how much is actually put into helping the user install it. I know ARB has a proven template that many people have used, but chopping a huge hole in the fender and have it not fit as it should would ruin anyones day for sure.

There's also the quality of the finished product. I know we've all seen some cheap plastic piece from China that just wasn't fully injected (not enough plastic), or just wasn't trimmed up. Of course the trimming isn't an issue, but if the piece isn't fully injected, there's nothing that can fix that.

While I would love to save the $100 (I dont care about name recognition at all), I'm not sure I'd want to be the guinea pig for it either to only save $100. Maybe if it was half of what it is, I'd be willing to be a "first" to try it out, but I think I'll wait for some reviews before I jump in on this.
Old 05-12-2011, 07:50 AM   #103
Dlead is a glorious beacon of lightDlead is a glorious beacon of lightDlead is a glorious beacon of lightDlead is a glorious beacon of lightDlead is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Daniel
Dlead's Tacoma Gallery
I want oneeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-12-2011, 07:53 AM   #104
Dlead is a glorious beacon of lightDlead is a glorious beacon of lightDlead is a glorious beacon of lightDlead is a glorious beacon of lightDlead is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Daniel
Dlead's Tacoma Gallery
Where did this move too?
Old 05-12-2011, 09:09 AM   #105
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Real good article Boyd. That was cool to read. I knew my snorkel is sick, but now I know how sick.
Old 05-12-2011, 10:04 AM   #106
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswego View Post
I doubt your snorkel would of made it when Joe ran it over with his truck if it was a knock off.
Yea I bet. I still can't believe it didn't bend or crack or anything. Lol
Old 05-12-2011, 11:13 AM   #107
TacoDanny has much to be proud ofTacoDanny has much to be proud ofTacoDanny has much to be proud ofTacoDanny has much to be proud ofTacoDanny has much to be proud ofTacoDanny has much to be proud ofTacoDanny has much to be proud ofTacoDanny has much to be proud of

Marines: Embarker
TacoDanny's Tacoma Gallery
A FJ owner I know installed a china made snorkel and it turned out pretty good. The template lined up pretty good and no issues installing it. I know it is a bit more custom with ours but all in all it fits fine.
Old 05-12-2011, 11:20 AM   #108
"Change is inevitable, but growth is optional."
tacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
tacomarotto's Tacoma Gallery
damn that was a lot of material.

and trust me no offense taken. i simply made this thread to give an opportunity to my fellow Tacoma owners.

but the harsh truth to this that the tacomas in Japan *edit* (not China) are not the same as the tacomas in the United States. i did some research and the fender and and intake placement is different.

SO what my friend Ernie is going to do is he will find a different product completely and find a good deal else where.

im sorry to get everyones hopes up but this Group buy will probably not get setup for another week or two. it all comes down to how fast Ernie can find a new supplier of snorkels for Tacomas that match up to American modeled Tacomas.

im still interested in getting something setup for everyone. the price still should remain around $200 for any other future options

sorry again to be a stick in the mud... didnt been to be a party pooper. lol but hey. there is still hope. ill let yall know!
Old 05-12-2011, 12:15 PM   #110
THE RED DRAGON!!
TexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
TexasIslandBoy's Tacoma Gallery
i wouldnt mind trying it
Old 05-12-2011, 04:41 PM   #112
"Change is inevitable, but growth is optional."
tacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
tacomarotto's Tacoma Gallery
imma keep tryin
Old 05-15-2011, 07:47 PM   #113
THE RED DRAGON!!
TexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

so whats the deal?
Old 06-08-2011, 03:57 PM   #115
THE RED DRAGON!!

any word yet?