1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

FLYZEYE Designs TCMA-0511 V1 LED Light

Discussion in 'Group Buys' started by flyzeye designs, May 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jul 25, 2011 at 9:03 PM
    flyzeye designs

flyzeye designs [OP] Revised Company Logo

Member:
    First Name:
    Darren
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    double-cab long-bed 4X4 debadged TRD Sport
    6 inch lift, tinted windows, custom tail lights, custom Red/White/Red-Black FLYZEYE Designs TCMA-0513 V2W interior light Custom Powder-Coated Devil Horns by Andres
    Order Processed! Your item will likely ship on 7/26. :)

2. Jul 25, 2011 at 9:52 PM
    deerslayer75

deerslayer75 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    jersey shore
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD sport Dblcab Lngbed
    pop-n-lock, mcgard tailgate lock, chrome tube steps, bed extender, chrome brush guard, Fold a cover (G-4) tonneau, weather tech floor mats and rain gaurds, sock monkey: TRD 3rd brake light and whitetail decals, LED bed lights, blue map & dome, 3rd brake light and license plate LED mod, illuminated 4x4 switch, fishing rod holder mod, scangauge II, Remote start & alarm, TW sticker, Flyzeye cupholder light mod
    Any new news on wired version?

3. Jul 25, 2011 at 9:58 PM
    flyzeye designs

Member:
    First Name:
    Darren
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    6 inch lift, tinted windows, custom tail lights, custom Red/White/Red-Black FLYZEYE Designs TCMA-0513 V2W interior light Custom Powder-Coated Devil Horns by Andres
    Yes, we are moving forward with this product. Expect a release within 90 days barring any supplier issues. It may come to market sooner. We'll keep you posted! Thanks for asking! :)

4. Jul 26, 2011 at 8:56 AM
    Agent Smith

Agent Smith Always outnumbered, never outgunned

Member:
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Offroad Ivan Stewart Edition
    Toytec lift,FJ Anthracite wheels wrapped in BFG A/T 265/75/16's,WAAG Brush Guard, IPF 868's,sleeved fog lights
    I saw that you are having a sale and almost popped for the battery powered version. I came back to this thread and see that you are almost due for the wired version (which I would prefer). Any price differential between wired vs. battery version (+/-)?

Now I additionally want to wait because I indicated my preference and you went to the trouble of designing a wired version. So to that I give you kudos for listening to customer input!

5. Jul 26, 2011 at 7:39 PM
    subhunter

subhunter Member

Member:
    New England
    Vehicle:
    08 tacoma double cab
    These are cheaper on their web site

6. Jul 26, 2011 at 8:27 PM
    flyzeye designs

Member:
    First Name:
    Darren
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    No, actually they aren't. If you read the entire thread (and several other threads regarding this product), you'll find it clearly stated that the units are $49.75 + $7.25 shipping.

Sorry for any confusion. The units are simply on sale right now. :)

7. Jul 26, 2011 at 8:29 PM
    subhunter

subhunter Member

Member:
    New England
    Vehicle:
    08 tacoma double cab
    ok thanks for the clarification

8. Jul 26, 2011 at 8:32 PM
    superwhite10

superwhite10 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Garner, NC
    subb'd cant decide what color i want though :(
    is there a light color that puts out more visibility than the others?

9. Jul 26, 2011 at 8:39 PM
    flyzeye designs

Member:
    First Name:
    Darren
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    No worries! Cheers!

10. Jul 26, 2011 at 8:48 PM
    flyzeye designs

Member:
    First Name:
    Darren
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    EXCELLENT question!!! Absolutely. The AMBER and RED LEDs are the 'darkest' of the colors despite drawing the most current. BLUE, GREEN, and WHITE provide the most 'visibility' (as perceived by the human eye).

Please keep in mind, these units were designed as accent lights and should NOT be compared to a 'Super Bright' LED flash light. If that's what you are looking for, you will be disappointed. These units are intended to provide enough light to illuminate the center console area without causing a distraction to the driver.

Remember, we can custom build nearly any combination - beyond the custom halo colors found on our site (ie: AMBER/BLUE/AMBER) just ask.

11. Jul 26, 2011 at 8:52 PM
    superwhite10

Member:
    Garner, NC
    okay thanks! not looking for it to be super bright. i like the idea of not having to turn on the map lights to see down there

just to make it clear, it says amber/white, meaning theres an option to change between the 2 colors? was looking at the pics on your website and that is how it appears. just wanted to clarify

12. Jul 26, 2011 at 8:58 PM
    flyzeye designs

Member:
    First Name:
    Darren
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Another good question. Yes, a 3-position switch selects between OFF/Primary (AMBER), and Secondary (WHITE) in this case. Also, the halo illumination (the little rings around the right side of the unit) are shown on our site with custom GREEN LEDs. The halos are offerred in AMBER, RED, GREEN, and BLUE. We can also do WHITE upon request.

The second point of customization is the primary/secondary LED color sets. We offer (4) standard sets. If you can think of something other than what we offer, just ask. Custom COLOR sets are only $5.00 more. Same as the custom charge for halos.

13. Jul 26, 2011 at 8:59 PM
    superwhite10

Member:
    Garner, NC
    awesome! thanks for clearing it up! will be ordering one soon! :cool:

14. Jul 26, 2011 at 9:01 PM
    flyzeye designs

Member:
    First Name:
    Darren
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Very welcome. Thanks for asking the questions. It can be challenging to convey exactly what these lights do on a computer. We are discussing videos for both installation and operation to clear things up. I may need to re-hire Toni (one of our apparel models) for the video. :D

15. Jul 28, 2011 at 9:14 PM
    CVYota

CVYota Damaged goods

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Crescenta Valley
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCLB V6 4WD
    Extended front 2.5 Icons. LR UCAs, Dakar Leaf Springs, rear King Smooth 2.5 w/res , Softopper, 285/75-16 Goodyear Wrangler MT/R with kevlar,16x8 SCS wheels 4.5 bs, Brute Force Rear bumper, 4x4 switch led, Diff Breather mod, weathertechs, Pelfrybilt front bumper, IFS and mid skids, B.A.M.F rear diff armor, LCA armor, Light bar mount and Sliders, Homer grill, Andres Devil horns, LED light bar, gauge pod with dual battery gauge and ecometer. Dual battery.
    wow they showed up today! Very cool, now, will there be a 12v conversion kit? just kidding, I can deal with the batteries.

16. Jul 28, 2011 at 9:34 PM
    flyzeye designs

Member:
    First Name:
    Darren
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Cool. That's one day sooner than even we expected!

Question: Would you purchase replacement battieries from us (assuming you will eventually need some) or would you just grab them at your local store? Just cusrious. We've been discussing adding them to the site, but don't know if it's worth it yet.

Your thoughts? :rolleyes:

17. Jul 28, 2011 at 9:41 PM
    superwhite10

Member:
    Garner, NC
    i could see having them on the site as being good if people wanted to order extra along with their lights. but i think going to a local store would be more convenient, wouldnt have to wait on shipping or pay shipping. i guess your price vs. local store price would also play a role as well.

maybe keep a limited stock of replacement batteries as a "trial" run and list them on the site to see how well they do.

18. Jul 28, 2011 at 10:04 PM
    winnebagel

winnebagel Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathan
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    '11 Prerunner TRD Off-Road
    I got mine in, keep forgetting to come post back on here. Anyways, I'm very satisfied with this product, it fits very naturally into the dash, looks great. I got mine in amber, it gives off just enough light to illuminate the center console area; the white light is definitely brighter, but still not distracting. Met my expectations perfectly; very natural light, not distracting, the unit fits in well too.

I may upgrade to wired version later on, I don't always remember to turn it off/on. I got the battery version though because I'm not comfortable yet messing with wiring stuff in on my truck. Definitely a great product though, I'd definitely recommend it.

19. Jul 28, 2011 at 10:08 PM
    flyzeye designs

Member:
    First Name:
    Darren
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Thanks VERY much for the write-up! We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to do this and posting it! :D

20. Jul 29, 2011 at 6:36 AM
    CVYota

CVYota Damaged goods

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Crescenta Valley
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCLB V6 4WD
    Extended front 2.5 Icons. LR UCAs, Dakar Leaf Springs, rear King Smooth 2.5 w/res , Softopper, 285/75-16 Goodyear Wrangler MT/R with kevlar,16x8 SCS wheels 4.5 bs, Brute Force Rear bumper, 4x4 switch led, Diff Breather mod, weathertechs, Pelfrybilt front bumper, IFS and mid skids, B.A.M.F rear diff armor, LCA armor, Light bar mount and Sliders, Homer grill, Andres Devil horns, LED light bar, gauge pod with dual battery gauge and ecometer. Dual battery.
    I would buy them here, there are discount battery shops here and I would save on shipping. however, I would like to see the base and lighting unit also available separately if I want to change colors or mount in another vehicle. Just a thought.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top