Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

Hankook Dynapro Group Buy for Memorial Day

Old 05-19-2011, 05:51 AM   #42
Beretta Taco
Mescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant future

Firefighter: Come from a family of Army and Air Force
Name: Matt
Mescalero's Tacoma Gallery
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerking View Post
Just got my tires in today! Unfortunately I had to leave town on short notice yesterday so I can't install them yet Can't wait to throw them on when I get back though! Shipped and arrived in 2 days, great purchase!
Glad to hear things went well after it left my hands....Best of luck, hope you enjoy!
Old 05-19-2011, 01:16 PM   #43
Beretta Taco
Mescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant future

Thread Update

Thank you to everyone who pretty much have the tire size they want picked out prior to asking for quotes. Its a lot easier for me to pull quotes when you have 1 or 2 sizes. Other brands are ok!

If you're just curious about what kinda deal we're getting and not really close to buying or are looking for quotes on 10 different sizes and brands, your best bet is to go search your favorite online tire store and subtract atleast $50-$70 from a sets price and you'll be in the ball park.

I dont mind pulling quotes and i love being able to help everyone out, but asking for quotes on 10 different tire sizes just cause youre curious isnt really what this is about.

As always, im here to help, so continue to ask away. Thanks
Old 05-19-2011, 04:17 PM   #44
Scott78 is on a distinguished road

Name: Scott
Scott78's Tacoma Gallery
What about shipping for those of us unlucky enough to be in AK? It sure is beautiful here, but fuck the shipping costs.
Old 05-19-2011, 05:06 PM   #45

Scott78's Tacoma Gallery
So what's the difference between these? I've checked discount tire and hankooks websites and the tire section on here and can't figure it out.

P265/70R-16 111T OWL
LT265/70R16D2 110R W
Old 05-19-2011, 05:15 PM   #46
Mr Thundermaker is about to start barking fire!
RCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RCBS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote for MTs size 265-75/16 please.
Old 05-19-2011, 06:12 PM   #47
Beretta Taco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott78 View Post
What about shipping for those of us unlucky enough to be in AK? It sure is beautiful here, but fuck the shipping costs.
Yeah shipping to AK and HI blows....It can be done, but will probably cost an extra 200-300 depending on tire/wheel weights. Believe it or not, its cheaper to go 2-day Air than Ground on this one!
Old 05-19-2011, 06:29 PM   #48
Beretta Taco

Quote:
So what's the difference between these? I've checked discount tire and hankooks websites and the tire section on here and can't figure it out.

P265/70R-16 111T OWL
LT265/70R16D2 110R W
THe LTs are going to be slightly better rated for hauling stuff. Little stiffer on the sidewall for carrying loads. They are also better suited for towing.

P's are going to be your best option if youre just a highway cruiser with light offroad (dirt roads, gravel, interstate medians, neighbors yard, etc) and come with a 50K warranty.

If youre gonna be doin some serious hauling go up to 265/75-16 and get the E-plys, bastards will carry some load and durable against rock debris and deflation if necessary.

If im wrong on this, someone else will correct me, im sure.
Old 05-20-2011, 12:10 AM   #49

Scott78's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the info. Wanna rip me out a quote for 265/70R16 and 265/75R16, whichever is cheaper to 99504? Please. If it's not to big a pain that is.
Old 05-20-2011, 03:59 AM   #50
NorCalTacoma is on a distinguished road
NorCalTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Can I get a price for MT 265/70/17 and 285/70/17 shipped to 98382. Thanks
Old 05-20-2011, 05:25 AM   #51
Beretta Taco

Quote:
Thanks for the info. Wanna rip me out a quote for 265/70R16 and 265/75R16, whichever is cheaper to 99504? Please. If it's not to big a pain that is.
Did you happen to decide if you wanted P or LT?
Old 05-20-2011, 07:35 AM   #52
trd sport is on a distinguished road
trd sport's Tacoma Gallery
tires

Please quote me a price forATM RF10 in 265/65/17 and 265/70/17
Old 05-20-2011, 09:56 AM   #53
Caduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: I be a doctor
Caduceus's Tacoma Gallery
Interested... talkign to the wife... 265/70/16 P rated ATM RF 10 please.
Anyone know the impact of this size on mpg?

5 tires

Military discount.

Thanks!
Old 05-20-2011, 10:06 AM   #54
RoyR is a splendid one to beholdRoyR is a splendid one to beholdRoyR is a splendid one to beholdRoyR is a splendid one to beholdRoyR is a splendid one to beholdRoyR is a splendid one to behold

RoyR's Tacoma Gallery
What about the ATM 265/70/17 and 285/70/17
Old 05-20-2011, 03:28 PM   #55
RacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
Name: Adamo
RacerAV's Tacoma Gallery
I am picking up some new wheels asap, they are 17x8.5s, I have no lift as of now, but going with the Icon Stage 4 sooner than later, what tire size could I go with now that'll still look okay later? Is this possible? If I need to ask this in a thread I will, sorry to jack...

Adamo
Old 05-20-2011, 03:31 PM   #56
RoyR is a splendid one to beholdRoyR is a splendid one to beholdRoyR is a splendid one to beholdRoyR is a splendid one to beholdRoyR is a splendid one to beholdRoyR is a splendid one to behold

RoyR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerAV View Post
I am picking up some new wheels asap, they are 17x8.5s, I have no lift as of now, but going with the Icon Stage 4 sooner than later, what tire size could I go with now that'll still look okay later? Is this possible? If I need to ask this in a thread I will, sorry to jack...

Adamo
I'm in the exact same boat....what is your backspacing and offset? I know the 265s will fit, but I'm debating the 285s.

My rim backspacing is 4.87 with a -6mm offset....
Old 05-20-2011, 03:42 PM   #57
RacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
Name: Adamo
RacerAV's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyR View Post
I'm in the exact same boat....what is your backspacing and offset? I know the 265s will fit, but I'm debating the 285s.

My rim backspacing is 4.87 with a -6mm offset....
4.5 backspacing and 0 offset is the set that I'm getting, so youre close, but not sure which way yours is different, inward or out, lol... i have been working with cars and wheels for 10 years and still get confused, lol... Ive heard the 4.5 with 0 offset is just about right on our trucks, 2nd gen, but not positive on this.... anyone wanna chime in?

Adamo
Old 05-21-2011, 09:10 AM   #58
Beretta Taco

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerAV View Post

Adamo
What wheels you thinkin about?
Old 05-21-2011, 09:15 AM   #59
DAMN GOOD DEAL!!
TRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kenny
TRDKenE's Tacoma Gallery
would the p-rated be o.k. for airing down to 25psi and riding in the sand?

I will take a quote on atm rf10 265/75r16 shipped to 23060
Old 05-21-2011, 06:32 PM   #60
Cody222 is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement:
Name: Cody
Cody222's Tacoma Gallery
Great deal, ordered my set of 285/70/17.