Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

Official DSM Upper Control Arm "Better" Group Buy

Old 06-01-2011, 08:49 PM   #21
My other ride has 18,400HP!!!!!!
rmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Ryan
rmb_crew's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsung View Post
rmb crew, how do you like your OME 886 coil setup? I just put an arb bumper on my truck and i'm looking for some type of lift with stronger spring the help with the weight. any input would be appreciated.
PM sent trying to keep the thread on track.
Old 06-02-2011, 01:09 PM   #22
Hunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: Probie
Hunter500ky's Tacoma Gallery
Subd ill be ordering soon!
Old 06-02-2011, 06:13 PM   #24
rmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsung View Post
got my tracking # for my DSM uca's today.
congrats!!!
Old 06-02-2011, 09:10 PM   #26
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
Aha, so you guys have explained my problem to a T. After the lift (5100's from DSM, of course), my truck hates the road "hump" now and shoots off to one side or the other pretty quick. I've learned to compensate for it but still, it's annoying.

Check out this alignment sheet from my post-lift service. This is what we're talking about fixing with these, right?

I'm going to have to consider these, methinks...
Old 06-03-2011, 08:36 AM   #27
Downsouth Motorsport
Downsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Downsouth Motorsports's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonTheDog View Post
Aha, so you guys have explained my problem to a T. After the lift (5100's from DSM, of course), my truck hates the road "hump" now and shoots off to one side or the other pretty quick. I've learned to compensate for it but still, it's annoying.

Check out this alignment sheet from my post-lift service. This is what we're talking about fixing with these, right?

I'm going to have to consider these, methinks...
Correct. You're currently sitting at negative caster. The after market UCAs will get you back into the positive caster settings.

Quoted from Tirerack.com: A very visual example of positive caster is a motorcycle's front steering forks. The forks point forward at the bottom and slope backward at the top. This rearward slope causes the front tire to remain stable when riding straight ahead and tilt towards the inside of the corner when turned.
Old 06-03-2011, 08:44 AM   #29
maxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
maxpower29's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHansen View Post
How are these uni-balls going to stand up to all the road salt up here in MA?
x2. here in NS my yard literally turns into the Atlantic ocean
Old 06-03-2011, 08:48 AM   #30
Downsouth Motorsport
Downsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shed

They're the best ones we could find....Stainless Steel from FK Bearing. Maybe someone who has had Stainless uni-balls in cold winters can chime in.
Old 06-03-2011, 09:02 AM   #31
Street glide or die
yotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
yotamikez's Tacoma Gallery
$525 shipped... cant wait till I get paid! I'm gunna jump on this.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:27 PM   #32
drgonzo has a brilliant futuredrgonzo has a brilliant futuredrgonzo has a brilliant futuredrgonzo has a brilliant futuredrgonzo has a brilliant futuredrgonzo has a brilliant futuredrgonzo has a brilliant futuredrgonzo has a brilliant futuredrgonzo has a brilliant futuredrgonzo has a brilliant futuredrgonzo has a brilliant future
Name: Caleb
drgonzo's Tacoma Gallery
just installed mine over the weekend and gotta say i love em. If anyone has reservations about buying these then you shouldnt these things are tanks and really well made.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:44 PM   #33
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
DSM, when are yall gonna come out with ur own LT kit??!?
Old 06-07-2011, 10:02 AM   #34
Rompin Around
lembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
lembowski's Tacoma Gallery
I'm loving mine! Alignment is perfect and has been taken out to the trails and desert runs many times since installed and are great! This is a really good deal on these beasts!

Old 06-07-2011, 10:44 AM   #35
Downsouth Motorsport

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
DSM, when are yall gonna come out with ur own LT kit??!?
Not ready to dive into that, hahaha... We'll stick to just offering & servicing shocks for LT kits.
Old 06-16-2011, 10:07 AM   #36
sdheda is on a distinguished road
Name: Sherj
sdheda's Tacoma Gallery
Do the uniball squeak a lot? I know that you have to spray teflon lube on them every now and then, but I have also read complaints about other manufacturer's uniballs squeaking like crazy no matter how much you lube them.
Old 06-16-2011, 10:34 AM   #37

Navy:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdheda View Post
Do the uniball squeak a lot? I know that you have to spray teflon lube on them every now and then, but I have also read complaints about other manufacturer's uniballs squeaking like crazy no matter how much you lube them.
Not at all. I use teflon dry lube and it works great and i have never heard it squeak.
Old 06-16-2011, 11:13 AM   #39
Rompin Around
lembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
lembowski's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunt man hans View Post
what are the differences between this uca and the light racing uca? i was reffered to light racing because of them being maintenance free. i was told to stay away the uniball style since i live in the north east. i do not want something i have to periodically lube. which would be the better choice for me?
If you want to stay away from maintenance then you will want the Light Racing style UCA. With the Uni ball type UCA's you will occasionally have to grease the zerks and spray some teflon on the uniballs.
Old 06-17-2011, 01:24 AM   #40
tacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacomtn's Tacoma Gallery
Hmm, TC, LR, and now DSM. Choices choices