Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

Official DSM Upper Control Arm "Better" Group Buy

Old 05-19-2011, 01:11 PM   #1
Downsouth Motorsport
Downsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Downsouth Motorsports's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up DSM Upper Control Arm Group Buy ENDS 06/30/2011!!

This is an official group buy we're doing for our Desert Products UCAs. How are we doing it better? No minimum. This is an open offer for 1, or 20 at the special price for any members who needs/wants a quality set of upper arms.

Group Buy Price: $525, with free shipping via UPS Ground, to anywhere in the lower 48 States. Group buy ends on 06/30/2011!!

To get the GB pricing, you will use the TW coupon code DSMARM when placing your order online. Remember you will need to register on the site first, before you place your order and then you can use the code...

The 'Coupon Code' box appears in the cart screen, directly above the Sub-total.

Thank you!

Marco & Sonny
Old 05-19-2011, 01:43 PM   #2
The1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peps
The1youluv2hate's Tacoma Gallery
Cool.. I'm getting some with my next pay check
Old 05-19-2011, 01:45 PM   #3
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
2ng Gen only? Or do you have them for both?
Old 05-19-2011, 01:48 PM   #4
Downsouth Motorsport
Downsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337Taco View Post
2ng Gen only? Or do you have them for both?
Currently only available for 2nd Gen...
Old 05-19-2011, 09:01 PM   #6
Downsouth Motorsport

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpower29 View Post
pardon my utter noobisum, but are these comparable to the total chaos ones?
The features are very comparable.

Features:
FK Stainless Steel Uni-Ball part # WSSX16T.
Mis-alignments are 17-4 stainless.
Urethane bushings.
Grade 8 Bolts for Mis-alignments and spindle adapter.
4130 Boxed Chromoly arm with 4130 Chromoly uni-Ball cup.
Tapped for ABS Line along with hardware.
Zinc plated end washers to help with corrosion resistance.
Added caster to help with alignment/handling on a lifted application.
Tig welded.
Black powder coat.
Old 05-20-2011, 08:58 AM   #7
GTACO
GTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gabriel
GTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Been wanting to get some UCAs......
Old 05-20-2011, 03:49 PM   #8
Downsouth Motorsport

1st set went out the door today!! Thanks, Caleb!
Old 05-20-2011, 11:24 PM   #9
drgonzo has a brilliant futuredrgonzo has a brilliant futuredrgonzo has a brilliant futuredrgonzo has a brilliant futuredrgonzo has a brilliant futuredrgonzo has a brilliant futuredrgonzo has a brilliant futuredrgonzo has a brilliant futuredrgonzo has a brilliant futuredrgonzo has a brilliant futuredrgonzo has a brilliant future
Name: Caleb
drgonzo's Tacoma Gallery
yeah cant wait to rid myself of the stamped metal pos uca's. thanks alot downsouth for offering a great product at a great price
Old 05-20-2011, 11:40 PM   #10
llebbuhnairb will become famous soon enoughllebbuhnairb will become famous soon enough
llebbuhnairb's Tacoma Gallery
Forgive my ignorance, but these say "added caster". How much? Is this the only geometry change to these over stock?
Old 05-21-2011, 08:35 AM   #11
Downsouth Motorsport

2.85 degrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by llebbuhnairb View Post
Forgive my ignorance, but these say "added caster". How much? Is this the only geometry change to these over stock?
Old 05-21-2011, 08:38 AM   #12
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downsouth Motorsports View Post
2.85 degrees
FWIW, should put the caster, when lifted to 3". at 2.1* or more! That will help with any wandering when lifted.
Old 05-21-2011, 08:44 AM   #13
Downsouth Motorsport

Correct what we have been hearing is that after some of the Tacoma's are lifted above 2.5" to 3" the trucks are getting a wandering sensation (Front wheels on a shopping cart) on the freeway and these arms will help get the caster back down to the stock parameters and help take away if not eliminate the wonder.
Hope this helps..

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
FWIW, should put the caster, when lifted to 3". at 2.1* or more! That will help with any wandering when lifted.
Old 05-31-2011, 02:10 PM   #14
Downsouth Motorsport

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to give you guys an update on the availability. We blew threw the 10 sets of arms we had in stock, and have been getting some calls for these. You will still get the GB deal, $525 shipped, if you place your order online. We will ship them as soon as we get them boxed up, and YOUR CARD WILL NOT BE CHARGED UNTIL WE SHIP.

We should have the arms back from powder coat Thursday, and boxed and ready to ship by Friday or early next week.

Thank you for everyone who has been calling on this deal, and let us know if you have any questions...

Thanks,
Marco @ DSM
Old 05-31-2011, 10:07 PM   #15
Streaking10 Taco is on a distinguished road

Navy:
Streaking10 Taco's Tacoma Gallery
So Please explain to me why, before I drop $500.00 on these....
1)Why do I get yours over someone elses?
2)Why are yours square tube when everyone else is round tube?
3)Will these "Help" the alignment issues, or, fix the issues? I have a 2010 Pre-runner with Icons in front and Dakars in the rear. I am lifted to 2.5" in front now but I want to level it out. Will these be able to accomplish that?

Thanks...
Old 06-01-2011, 08:06 AM   #18
Downsouth Motorsport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streaking10 Taco View Post
So Please explain to me why, before I drop $500.00 on these....
3)Will these "Help" the alignment issues, or, fix the issues? I have a 2010 Pre-runner with Icons in front and Dakars in the rear. I am lifted to 2.5" in front now but I want to level it out. Will these be able to accomplish that?

Thanks...
- Great price, quality components/construction and we think they look nicer than round tube.
- We like the look of the boxed look much more. That's why we made them that way.
- They will fix the caster issue, as they have just under 3 degrees of built in caster.

For more specifics, post #6 of this thread...Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsung
No special deals on the Total chaos uca's?

Sure, use TW Discount Coupon 'TCDISCOUNT' on our website. Thank you!
Old 06-01-2011, 10:51 AM   #19
My other ride has 18,400HP!!!!!!
rmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Ryan
rmb_crew's Tacoma Gallery
I bought them when DSM first came out with them and they are awesome!!! The install is fairly easy. There is some minor difficulty on the install but thats for any type of UCAs. If you lift a vehicle you wont get the caster back into specs but this will help bring it back towards stock. mine currently sits around 2.0-2.5 and i have OME 886 coils and shocks. so it does help with getting it back in. I would recommend these to anyone. The quality is impeccable and you wont find a single flaw. i strongly recommend them!!!
Old 06-01-2011, 06:31 PM   #20
samsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant future

Name: George
samsung's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmb_crew View Post
I bought them when DSM first came out with them and they are awesome!!! The install is fairly easy. There is some minor difficulty on the install but thats for any type of UCAs. If you lift a vehicle you wont get the caster back into specs but this will help bring it back towards stock. mine currently sits around 2.0-2.5 and i have OME 886 coils and shocks. so it does help with getting it back in. I would recommend these to anyone. The quality is impeccable and you wont find a single flaw. i strongly recommend them!!!
rmb crew, how do you like your OME 886 coil setup? I just put an arb bumper on my truck and i'm looking for some type of lift with stronger spring the help with the weight. any input would be appreciated.