Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

Smittybilt "Element" Mud Traction Ramps

Old 06-01-2011, 02:58 PM   #1
Beretta Taco
Mescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant future

Firefighter: Come from a family of Army and Air Force
Name: Matt
Mescalero's Tacoma Gallery
Smittybilt "Element" Mud Traction Ramps

Talked to the folks at Smittybilt and we can get a group buy on traction ramps.

Normally these things run $149.99 a pair + shipping.

With this deal we can get them for as low as $128 + shipping a pair.

Product info available here: http://www.smittybilt.com/product/index/166.htm

The first 10 people to "sign up" will get them for $128 + shipping

The second 10 people, $130 + shipping

The rest, $132 + shipping

Just tell me you want a set and i'll create a list. If 10 people dont sign up, then they will be $132 + shipping a pair. Orders placed in batches of 10 or on June 29, whichever comes first.

Group Buy ends June 29.

PM me if you have any other questions.

First Group
1. Mescalero
2. TacoTabe
3. HAWK92

Old 06-01-2011, 03:02 PM   #2
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
How do the tires not spin, grip & shoot these out the backside in mud, sand, ice or snow? Product info didn't say.........I could see where they might work for rock ledges.
Old 06-01-2011, 03:09 PM   #3
Max's Canadian Twin
theduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
theduck911's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
How do the tires not spin, grip & shoot these out the backside in mud, sand, ice or snow? Product info didn't say.........I could see where they might work for rock ledges.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REW5CpdI77E

Basically the same thing, but for like x2 the price! (Best way I could explain it)

Might have to get in on this, come in handy when you're stuck by yourself or with one vehicle!
Old 06-02-2011, 06:23 AM   #4
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Cool stuff. Looks like a prerunner's friend for sand/mud/snow stucks. Probably gonna miss the GB. Have higher priorities right now.
Old 06-02-2011, 02:48 PM   #5
Beretta Taco
Mescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant future

Yeah, i have a prerunner so it definitely helps me, but i think even 4x4 could benefit under extreme mud/sand conditions. I know lots of people do extreme beaching...
Old 06-05-2011, 08:34 AM   #6
Beretta Taco

bump
Old 06-10-2011, 05:02 PM   #7
Beretta Taco

These dont seem to be bringing a lot of interest so im going to go ahead and order.

Consider this thread dead!
Old 06-10-2011, 05:31 PM   #8
TacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
TacoTabe's Tacoma Gallery
damn- I want a set
Old 06-10-2011, 06:59 PM   #9
mjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: National Strike Force
mjohn617's Tacoma Gallery
these are great!

I would be interested but I already have some
Old 06-10-2011, 07:14 PM   #10
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Jesus I could have used a set of these for my pre runner a few weeks back when I was stuck in the middle of daniel boone state forest for 3 hrs.
Old 06-11-2011, 07:11 AM   #11
Beretta Taco

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoTabe View Post
damn- I want a set
I'll hold out then for 10 if you want..i just didnt think anyone was interested since it had been a week or so....

Or if you want to go ahead and order now at the 132 price i can go ahead and send in your info, just need a paypal address unless you want to pay credit card. Then they'll handle it a different way.
Old 06-11-2011, 07:13 AM   #12
Beretta Taco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matic View Post
Jesus I could have used a set of these for my pre runner a few weeks back when I was stuck in the middle of daniel boone state forest for 3 hrs.
Might as well go ahead and get some now for future visits
Old 06-11-2011, 08:15 AM   #13
TacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mescalero View Post
I'll hold out then for 10 if you want..i just didnt think anyone was interested since it had been a week or so....

Or if you want to go ahead and order now at the 132 price i can go ahead and send in your info, just need a paypal address unless you want to pay credit card. Then they'll handle it a different way.

Where are you buyuing them from, and how much is shipping going to be (33328)?
Old 06-11-2011, 05:54 PM   #14
Beretta Taco

Quote:
Where are you buyuing them from, and how much is shipping going to be (33328)?
They'll be coming as a special order from the manufacturer. Im in SC and shipping will be about $11 dollars for me. Lower 48 should be somewhere between $8-$15 dollars. I believe they ship from CA? so the closer you are the cheaper it is.
Old 06-12-2011, 07:16 AM   #15

Im in. PM me please with instructions re: paypal, etc. And Ill hit you back with whatever info you need from me.
Old 06-12-2011, 07:20 AM   #16
Street glide or die
yotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
yotamikez's Tacoma Gallery
I'd love to get these, they look like they work great. But other priorities at the moment. Good set up tho.
Old 06-13-2011, 07:37 AM   #18
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
these things are very popular in the expedition/overland world where you are more likely to be wheeling alone, or when self recovery is the best option. maxtrax have been around for a while and are very well known as the best out there. the there's a decent thread on expedition portal comparing the smittybuilt to the matrax. i'll try to find it. i call the thread decent though, instead of good, because i believe expedition portal is sponsored my matrax, so there is a bias against the smittybilts (lawsuit too if i recal). one member did do a very good side by side comparison of the two, and found similar results. the only difference seemed to be that the smittybilt ones flex a little more, whitch decreases their bidging ability.

Edit, found the thread: http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...action-devices

after reading, i'd buy either. copy or not, the smittybilt ones seem to get the job done. i'll be getting a set shortly.
Old 06-13-2011, 08:26 AM   #19

http://www.truckspartsonline.com/pro...ent-ramps-2790

found em for $130, free shipping...
Old 06-13-2011, 11:52 AM   #20
Beretta Taco

Quote:
http://www.truckspartsonline.com/pro...ent-ramps-2790

found em for $130, free shipping...
Well damn, lets close this thread then and buy em from here....!