Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

HID Xenon Group Buy Round 2! Ends 10/31/08

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 02:06 PM   #41
Morgan is on a distinguished road
Morgan's Tacoma Gallery
now is this just the conversion kits for the housing that is already in the truck, or is it the entire housing?

Old 10-16-2008, 02:16 PM   #42
slimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant future

slimcubby's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
now is this just the conversion kits for the housing that is already in the truck, or is it the entire housing?
You are correct this kit is fully plug and play and utilizes your current housing. There is no cutting or fabricating of your housing.

Old 10-16-2008, 05:16 PM   #43
Squirrel Mincer
1-3-2-4 has a spectacular aura about1-3-2-4 has a spectacular aura about
1-3-2-4's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 1-3-2-4
Do you have a comparison pic of the stock headlamp versus one of yours...say, the 4300K?

I'm not sure I follow the discussion about extra bulbs. How many bulbs are people going for. The bulbs should last forever on HIDs while the ignitor has a limited life. Can you clarify?

Old 10-16-2008, 07:36 PM   #44
slimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-3-2-4 View Post
Do you have a comparison pic of the stock headlamp versus one of yours...say, the 4300K?

I'm not sure I follow the discussion about extra bulbs. How many bulbs are people going for. The bulbs should last forever on HIDs while the ignitor has a limited life. Can you clarify?
Here are a couple pics of before and after that might help you out. So far nobody has ordered any extra bulbs but I just put the option out there in case anybody wants them. Also the extra bulbs are for people that want to buy another temperature color or just want extra bulbs.

Thanks!
~Slim

Old 10-16-2008, 08:36 PM   #45

Sorry forgot to post the pic so tired... I could only find the after here is my truck with 6000K

Old 10-16-2008, 09:11 PM   #46
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah san diego mission valley area.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimcubby View Post
socalman what part of Cali are you in again?

Old 10-16-2008, 10:45 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalman22 View Post
Yeah san diego mission valley area.
Awesome! I can't wait to get them...

Old 10-16-2008, 11:58 PM   #48
bcmedic will become famous soon enoughbcmedic will become famous soon enough
bcmedic's Tacoma Gallery
what size bulbs will my 08 need?

Old 10-17-2008, 12:07 AM   #49
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcmedic View Post
H11 for your headlights and H10 for fogs if you have them.

Old 10-17-2008, 12:11 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcmedic View Post
H4 Bixenon for the headlights and H10 Low beam for the fogs.

Old 10-17-2008, 12:23 AM   #52
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yeah, my bad, they are H4s. See what spending 9 hours at work and coming home half asleep will do to you?

Old 10-17-2008, 04:52 AM   #53
Squirrel Mincer
1-3-2-4's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the reply, Slim. Do you have a picture of the beam projection and cutoff? I'd prefer not to blind on-coming drivers, so a good crisp cutoff is important to me.

Old 10-17-2008, 05:37 AM   #54
Bs 02 Taco will become famous soon enough

Bs 02 Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Hey slim, definately interested...
Wht type would I need for my 02 regular cab without fogs?

Old 10-17-2008, 08:28 AM   #55
bite me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bs 02 Taco View Post
H4 as well.

Old 10-17-2008, 08:34 AM   #56
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks for the reply, Slim. Do you have a picture of the beam projection and cutoff? I'd prefer not to blind on-coming drivers, so a good crisp cutoff is important to me.
then you need to get a projector kit. Those are over $300. This kit is basically a really bright bulb (no projector)

Here is someone that did this. If I had the cash, I'd get slim's hid for the fogs and the full projector hid kit here http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/...=hid+projector

Old 10-17-2008, 08:52 AM   #57
Squirrel Mincer
1-3-2-4's Tacoma Gallery
I've had projectors (factory) on three of my cars, so I know what you're saying. Still, projector headlights have gotten much better over time so the cutoff may be less of an issue today (versus 10 years ago). If anyone has a photo of their HID setup in the stock housing, please post it...either up against the wall to see the cutoff or looking down a road to get a feel for how much glare exists.

Old 10-17-2008, 09:03 AM   #58
Aspiring wrench monkey
TacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of light

TacoCo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I've had projectors (factory) on three of my cars, so I know what you're saying. Still, projector headlights have gotten much better over time so the cutoff may be less of an issue today (versus 10 years ago). If anyone has a photo of their HID setup in the stock housing, please post it...either up against the wall to see the cutoff or looking down a road to get a feel for how much glare exists.
I don't have any pictures of the cutoff with the stock housing right now, but the cut off to me seems fine, and pretty much identical to the stock halogens. I had issues blinding people when I first installed the HIDs, but that's because one of the bulbs wasn't fully extended on low-beam... I was getting flashed, and having people pull over to let me pass, lol. Pulled the bulb out, corrected it, and popped it back in... haven't been flashed since.

Old 10-17-2008, 09:49 AM   #59

Quote:
I will try and get a picture up later tonight once it is dark out and I can snap one... They are the same as your hallogens cutoff just much brighter and further of light. I haven't been flashed once and I have been running them from day one. Let me know if you have any other quesitons and I will try to get the pics up tonight. Also the headlight bulbs come with shields on them to help eliminate any of those issues.

Old 10-17-2008, 09:49 AM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bs 02 Taco View Post
Yup H4 like Humanoid said

Closed Thread