1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

HID Xenon Group Buy Round 2! Ends 10/31/08

Discussion in 'Closed Group Buys' started by slimsdepot, Oct 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oct 17, 2008 at 10:22 AM
    1-3-2-4

1-3-2-4 Squirrel Mincer

Member:
    Ithaca, NY
    Vehicle:
    06 Titan King Cab
    A.R.E. tonneau cover
    Thanks for the info guys. I look forward to the pictures.

2. Oct 17, 2008 at 4:56 PM
    Stupid hurts.

Stupid hurts. Hoogie boogie!

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    So☆Cal
    Vehicle:
    '07 5-Lug Impluse Red Pearl Access Cab 2WD
    American Motorsports Front Long Travel Kit, Total Chaos Rear Dual Shock Hoop Kit, Engage 50T Leaf Pack, Engage Front & Rear Hangers, American Motorsports Shackles
    If you need some before and after pics, check out the 2nd page of my Car Domain. Link is in my sig. Hopefully these pics will give you a better idea. Paul's (AKA slimcubby) HID kit is an awesome product that works great and the best of all, was very affordable. I definitely noticed the difference in light output and visibility. BHLM + stock bulbs = hard time seeing the road especially if you live in a residential area that doesn't have street lamp posts like me.

I almost thought about buying the projector kit that lsocoee had the link to, but I figured that I could use the 2 bills I saved to buy a skid plate or maybe even a Scan Gauge II. :D

EDIT: Forgot to mention that Paul responds very quickly to any questions or trouble with installation. He practically walked me through the wiring of the kit haha.

3. Oct 18, 2008 at 10:36 AM
    slimsdepot

slimsdepot [OP] slimsdepot.com

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner
    Thanks for the positive feedback! I try my best to make everybody happy and get answers to you guys asap. I know if it were me I would want to know the answer to my questions fast while I am waiting in the garage with my truck torn apart lol.

4. Oct 18, 2008 at 10:53 AM
    slimsdepot

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner
    Here are the pictures of the before and after of the lights and a picture of them lit up on my garage for the cutoff which is the same as before with the halogens. All these photos were taken with my camera phone so the quality is not that great. But its better then nothing :)

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Cutoff:
    [​IMG]

5. Oct 18, 2008 at 7:17 PM
    slimsdepot

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner
  6. Oct 19, 2008 at 4:19 PM
    awoit

awoit Well-Known Member

Member:
    CA
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD, SR5
    hey guys i plan on buying the 6000k Slim for my low beams. i have a 2008 trd and i dunno what the H1, H3, H4, H7, H8, H9, H10, H11, H13, 9004, 9005, 9006, 9007, D2S/R/C, D4S/C/R is all about. i understand theyre sockets but which one do i want for my year truck? or am i not making any sense, advice would be great thx.

7. Oct 19, 2008 at 4:50 PM
    humanoid

humanoid bite me

Member:
    Sunny SoCal
    Vehicle:
    I had a '99 Xtra Cab PreRunner SR5 V6
    ^ You need the H4 kit. Now you need to decide what color temp to get. I would suggest going with 6000K.

8. Oct 19, 2008 at 5:58 PM
    slimsdepot

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner
    ^^ Also agree with humanoid 6000K is what I run and love it.. I think it looks perfect! and quite bright too!

Also yes the H4 is what you will need for your headlights in fact you will want the H4 Bixenon so you don't loose the function of your high beams. If you go H4 Low Beam only you will only have the low beam function nothing will happen when you turn on your brights, but with the bixenon when you turn on the brights your bulb will allow the output to be directed much further ahead giving you more vision on the road when in high beam mode. I hope this helps you out. Be sure to PM me your order once you know what you want to get.

Thanks!
    ~Slim

9. Oct 19, 2008 at 6:28 PM
    hsc001

hsc001 Well-Known Member

Member:
    laurel, Maryland
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD off road lifted
    BHLM, 3" toytec coilovers, blacked out billet grille, hella 500's behind grille, volant CAI, Dual flowmasters 40's, HID, DTLT
    hey slimcubby, im really intrested in getting some HID's for my 08 taco. Im going to want the H4 kit with the 8000k bulbs, bixienon, slim ballists. My question is how hard is the install of the kit?

10. Oct 19, 2008 at 7:27 PM
    slimsdepot

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner
    It is easy. So easy my girlfriend did it to her corolla. Also if you have any questions during the install feel free to PM me and I will help ya out.

Be sure to PM me all the info requested on post #1 for your order.

Thanks!
    ~Slim

11. Oct 19, 2008 at 8:11 PM
    RelentlessFab

RelentlessFab Eric @Relentless Fab Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Sparks, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 AC 6mt>03 SR5 >08 Sport and 17 6MT TRD OR
    Relentless Armored! Too many others to list.
    ok, so im interested in the HID conversion here and see that 6000K is what most people are going with but i know in oregon there is a law that states light output cant be "blue or bluish" and i want to stay legal. what is reccomended? still the 6000k?

12. Oct 19, 2008 at 8:30 PM
    humanoid

humanoid bite me

Member:
    Sunny SoCal
    Vehicle:
    I had a '99 Xtra Cab PreRunner SR5 V6
    If I were you, I'd go with 4300K just to be on the safe side, you'll get a bit better light output too.

13. Oct 19, 2008 at 9:29 PM
    slimsdepot

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner
    Yea I agree too if there is a law about the blueish I would 100% go with the 4300K Temperature. They are still very white and bright. Let me know if you have any other questions :)

14. Oct 20, 2008 at 8:49 AM
    GaruKim

GaruKim Member

Member:
    Installed the hid kit from the previous GB and i must say i'll never go back. *by the way slim i installed that h7 on my honda cbr600 and its like turning on daylight. Real quick question, in other slim ballast kits there's this box (igniter?) looking thing halfway up the power cord to the bulbs. Is there one on this kit or is it all one smooth cord?

15. Oct 20, 2008 at 8:57 AM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    I dont see how it could be illegal. Vehicles come stock with blue and even purple colored headlights nowdays. Just seems like a shitty law.

16. Oct 20, 2008 at 9:17 AM
    slimsdepot

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner
    Hi there! I am happy you like your HID's! I too will not go back to halogen after using the HID's. It is such a difference. As for the power cord on the slim ballasts yes it does have that small "igniter" box. Correct me if I am wrong but I don't think there are any slim ballasts that are aftermarket that don't come with it.

17. Oct 20, 2008 at 9:19 AM
    slimsdepot

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner
    Yea that is true... I have noticed a lot more car companies changing there temperatures to more blueish/purpleish colors... I wonder if that law will get changed since they are coming factory like that.

18. Oct 20, 2008 at 9:27 AM
    06WHITETRD

06WHITETRD Gotta Love my Taco!!!!

Member:
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    06 Toyota Tacoma OFF-ROAD
    Tinted windows, window visors, XDI True Flow intake, White Devil Emblem, sport white grill, stubbie 6' antenna, TRD license plate frame,TRD Exhaust, weathertech floor front & rear, LED map/dome & license plate lights,Black Grille,T-Rex eyebrows,black Skid Plate,Lower bumper cover,Black emblems,white TRD Emblem,lamin-x yellow,Slotted & Cross Drilled rotors,Redline shocks(hood),HID 6k,more to come
    hey slim. i went to the pictures of the lights and i cant see nothing.. I want to see the color of the hid bulbs. HELP me out.. I got a 05 trd. what do i need?? i want to the lights to show up white..

19. Oct 20, 2008 at 9:35 AM
    06WHITETRD

06WHITETRD Gotta Love my Taco!!!!

Member:
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    06 Toyota Tacoma OFF-ROAD
    Tinted windows, window visors, XDI True Flow intake, White Devil Emblem, sport white grill, stubbie 6' antenna, TRD license plate frame,TRD Exhaust, weathertech floor front & rear, LED map/dome & license plate lights,Black Grille,T-Rex eyebrows,black Skid Plate,Lower bumper cover,Black emblems,white TRD Emblem,lamin-x yellow,Slotted & Cross Drilled rotors,Redline shocks(hood),HID 6k,more to come
    by any chances, has anyone here has a set up with the clear blue or white hid headllights with the yellow fog lights?? if so, i want to see pictures on how it looks at night???

20. Oct 20, 2008 at 9:49 AM
    slimsdepot

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner
    Hi there!

For your truck you will need the H4 bixenon for the headlights and the H10 low beams for your fogs.

Did this link to the lights lit up not work? http://s314.photobucket.com/albums/ll407/pcubbison/?albumview=grid

let me know if that works there is a picture of the 3k fogs on my truck for reference as well. Let me know if you have any other questions. Once your ready to place your order be sure to PM me everything requested in the post #1.

Thanks!
    ~Slim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top