1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

HID Xenon Group Buy Round 2! Ends 10/31/08

Discussion in 'Closed Group Buys' started by slimsdepot, Oct 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oct 20, 2008 at 10:14 AM
    06WHITETRD

06WHITETRD Gotta Love my Taco!!!!

Member:
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    06 Toyota Tacoma OFF-ROAD
    Tinted windows, window visors, XDI True Flow intake, White Devil Emblem, sport white grill, stubbie 6' antenna, TRD license plate frame,TRD Exhaust, weathertech floor front & rear, LED map/dome & license plate lights,Black Grille,T-Rex eyebrows,black Skid Plate,Lower bumper cover,Black emblems,white TRD Emblem,lamin-x yellow,Slotted & Cross Drilled rotors,Redline shocks(hood),HID 6k,more to come
    thanks for the website. helped out a lot.. alright alright. how much r the hid to 90710????

2. Oct 20, 2008 at 10:26 AM
    slimsdepot

slimsdepot [OP] slimsdepot.com

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner
    Glad they helped! The shipping is flat rate to all customers $15.95.

Thanks!
    ~Slim

3. Oct 20, 2008 at 10:42 AM
    06WHITETRD

06WHITETRD Gotta Love my Taco!!!!

Member:
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    06 Toyota Tacoma OFF-ROAD
    Tinted windows, window visors, XDI True Flow intake, White Devil Emblem, sport white grill, stubbie 6' antenna, TRD license plate frame,TRD Exhaust, weathertech floor front & rear, LED map/dome & license plate lights,Black Grille,T-Rex eyebrows,black Skid Plate,Lower bumper cover,Black emblems,white TRD Emblem,lamin-x yellow,Slotted & Cross Drilled rotors,Redline shocks(hood),HID 6k,more to come
    Hey slim,, i want clear blue (headlights) & yellow (foglights).. How much is it?? And for shipping. Can i pick them up. Where u stay at??

4. Oct 20, 2008 at 11:08 AM
    slimsdepot

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner
    You will want 6000k headlights and 3000k for the fogs. I however don't offer local pickup because the shipping fee covers more than just shipping i.e. shipping from supplier to me, paypal fees, duty and tax on importing goods. Pm me your order and I'll email you a paypal invoice. The total will be whatever kit you want plus the flat rate shipping.

Thanks!
    ~Slim

5. Oct 20, 2008 at 2:14 PM
    RelentlessFab

RelentlessFab Eric @Relentless Fab Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Sparks, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 AC 6mt>03 SR5 >08 Sport and 17 6MT TRD OR
    Relentless Armored! Too many others to list.
    yeah, i know. seems strange to me too, i'll probably just do the 6000K's anyways for that reason. also, according to Oregon law, the Tail light lenses on vehicles have to be red.... doesnt the '09 Tacoma's LED's break that law too?:rolleyes: lol, whatever Oregon.....

6. Oct 20, 2008 at 3:44 PM
    slimsdepot

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner
    Yea that law is just silly... I seriously doubt you will get pulled over for your headlights.

7. Oct 20, 2008 at 5:28 PM
    headhunter247

headhunter247 Well-Known Member

Member:
    St. Louis, MO area
    Vehicle:
    18 Taco Double Cab TRD
    5100's all around, OME 888 and Dakars. ProComp Series 05. Cooper SST Maxx 275s.
    Ok, so Ive never really looked at these before...what does the H4, H13, 9004, 9007 mean...I would want to get both beams and slim ballasts. I want super blue ones..help!

8. Oct 20, 2008 at 5:33 PM
    1-3-2-4

1-3-2-4 Squirrel Mincer

Member:
    Ithaca, NY
    Vehicle:
    06 Titan King Cab
    A.R.E. tonneau cover
    The intent behind that law, like all states, is to reduce glare to oncoming drivers with kits like this one. I am not ragging on this kit at all, but the fact of the matter is that many people (typically ricers) install HID kits in stock (or worse) headlamps AND don't aim them. As a result, the driving public gets irritated. Can you blame them? How many of us have been stuck in front of or passed another vehicle with lights that damn near blinded you? Most of us have. You need to be responsible with your mods.

While many vehicles headlights look bluish from the factory, it isn't. If you really look at them, they are white. Comparing them to a halogen bulb makes them look bluish. In fact, most OEM HID setups are in the 4300K range which studies have shown actually reduce strain on the driver's AND oncoming drivers' eyes. Yellow = good for fog; red = no loss in night vision; white = great visibility with reduced eye strain; blue = reduced light output and increased strain.

The law about the tail lights more or less requires you to keep your red reflectors in the housing. If you look at all North American OE taillights, there are red reflectors in there much like how our headlights have an amber reflector. The design intent is to provide visibility in inclement weather AND when the vehicle is used w/o lights or is parked on the side of the road. The 2009 taillights, like all parts on all vehicles in this country passed DOT testing to be certified for road use.

9. Oct 20, 2008 at 5:34 PM
    slimsdepot

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner
    Hi there! The H4 etc is the bulb size for your vehicle. Our Taco's are H4 for the headlights and H10 for the fogs. If you would want real blue I would go 8000K... You can also choose what you like best by clicking on the link in the first post. It shows all the bulbs lit up so you can see the color. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks!!
    ~Slim

10. Oct 20, 2008 at 5:35 PM
    humanoid

humanoid bite me

Member:
    Sunny SoCal
    Vehicle:
    I had a '99 Xtra Cab PreRunner SR5 V6
    It's been discussed in this thread ad infinitum. H4, H13, 9004 etc. are the socket/bulb sizes that will fit you truck. If you want this kit for your truck, you'll need H4/9003 bi-xenon for your headlights and H10 for your fogs. Get 8000k bulb temperature if you want "blue" light. But understand this, you will lose a lot of light output the higher you go in color temp. The best light output would be 4300K, will be pretty close in color temp to BMWs etc.

11. Oct 20, 2008 at 5:41 PM
    slimsdepot

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner
    You are correct the bluer you go, higher kelvin the less output of light is produced giving you less visibility and strain on your eyes. I think between 4300K and 6000K is ideal. I run the 6000k and had the 4300K in my truck before and like the 6000K much more. It is all personal preference some like them light blue, very blue and some like them only white.

12. Oct 20, 2008 at 5:41 PM
    slimsdepot

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner
    You are correct as well humanoid! Lol

13. Oct 20, 2008 at 10:51 PM
    br217398

br217398 Crazy Person.....

Member:
    Orlando Florida
    Vehicle:
    06 Tundra Crew Cab 4WD
    Hornblasters horns,Strobe lights,Police Undercover Vehicle, Volent Ram air system, pro comp POS AAL, biltein all around, step bars.
    35w vs 50w....... which is better??

14. Oct 20, 2008 at 11:04 PM
    humanoid

humanoid bite me

Member:
    Sunny SoCal
    Vehicle:
    I had a '99 Xtra Cab PreRunner SR5 V6
    Better for what purpose? Obviously 35w will be less bright as 50w, IMO, 35w is plenty for daily driving.

15. Oct 20, 2008 at 11:06 PM
    slimsdepot

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner
    Well one isn't better than the other. The 35w is the normal wattage that is used throughout most aftermarket kits. And the 50w is more of an off road use wattage because it is a much brighter output. IMO 35w is plenty bright and 50w would be good for a vehicle that isn't doing a lot of on road driving. I have sold majority of 35w kits with everybody satisfied and a few with the 50w kit and satisfied as well. So it really is a personal choice. If you have any other questions please let me know and I will try to answer them to the best of my ability.

16. Oct 21, 2008 at 4:12 AM
    Infinus

Infinus Well-Known Member

Member:
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Double Cab SB TRD Sport
    I tried to get this answered in the older thread for the past group buy but never got an answer. I used to have HID's that I put into another vehicle and I really hated them. The light they put out was completely useless in any kind of bad weather (rain, fog, snow, etc...). I ended up switching back to the stock bulbs. I found the light output, while a nice bright white, to be less effective then the yellower color of the halogens. That car had a projector system in it. So I guess my question is, is there any reason to think that this kit will give me different results? How do these perform compared to the stock bulb in a downpour, or just on a really dark night when all the roads are wet and there are no reflectors to divide up the lanes. Situations like that concern me more then the everyday look of the bulbs.

17. Oct 21, 2008 at 5:09 AM
    007Tacoma

007Tacoma I dub thee malicious!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    2015 4Runner Trail Edition Premium
    Cloaking Device
    I wish we could get a good picture of a side by side on a warehouse wall or something...

Regular Tacoma Headlight Pattern VS HID Xenon Tacoma Headlight Pattern

18. Oct 21, 2008 at 8:39 AM
    slimsdepot

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner
    Hi there!

Sorry if I missed your question last GB but as for me and with our very little rain here I haven't been able to give it the tests your looking for. I have howerver drivin in complete darkness no street lights etc but the road wasn't wet and I made the area look like daytime. And to be honest some kits are made cheaper than others. I have sold probably over 200 kits where plenty of them have seen a lot of rain and bad weather and I have yet to hear a complaint about visibility etc. So I am assuming my kits with our headlamps are a pretty good combination. Let me know if you have any other questions.

~Slim

19. Oct 21, 2008 at 8:40 AM
    slimsdepot

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner
    I completely agree and I am going to ask socaltacoma if he wouldn't mind doing a small photo shoot with my truck and his so you all can see the difference. I just emailed him so once I find out if he is available some night this week you guys will be the first to know! :D

20. Oct 21, 2008 at 8:44 AM
    SocalMan22

SocalMan22 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve-0
    So*Cal
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner Dbl Cab
    What Mods!
    Im more than happy to help you out but i dont have stock headlights i have piaa's but still willing to help you out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top