Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

Scangauge2 Group Buy

Old 10-16-2008, 08:09 PM   #21
Silver_Jim is on a distinguished road
Silver_Jim's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Silver_Jim Send a message via Yahoo to Silver_Jim
It plugs in right under your steering column. There is an ODBC connector there...
Old 10-16-2008, 08:11 PM   #22
Nor*Cal
norcalbb11 has a spectacular aura aboutnorcalbb11 has a spectacular aura about

norcalbb11's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to norcalbb11 Send a message via Yahoo to norcalbb11
oh wow thats cool, you guys all think its worth it? just got my 09 and wanted something like this on the truck so might as well get this
Old 10-16-2008, 08:20 PM   #23
Can you pass the bailout please?
LonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
LonghornTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalbb11 View Post
oh wow thats cool, you guys all think its worth it? just got my 09 and wanted something like this on the truck so might as well get this
I just ordered one for my '09. I'm lifting and putting on larger tires, so I wanted to see what the difference in MPGs was. Also driving from Minnesota to Texas for Christmas and wanted the trip-related counters...
Old 10-16-2008, 08:22 PM   #24
Nor*Cal
norcalbb11 has a spectacular aura aboutnorcalbb11 has a spectacular aura about

norcalbb11's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to norcalbb11 Send a message via Yahoo to norcalbb11
yeah i will be putting on a lift as well but not sure if i want to see the mpg's drop haha but i think this is pretty cool i might just do it, im still waiting for my bull bar though haha
Old 10-16-2008, 08:22 PM   #25
Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalbb11 View Post
I think it is always good to have real information at your finger tips. So sure, I would buy one, but I just got a new road bike, so I am short of disposable cash at the moment. I always wanted one for my FJ Cruiser. Seems the price has gone up from what I remember.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:32 PM   #26
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Colin
06BLUEDBLSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
I see it reads HP is it accurate? is it easy to install?
Old 10-16-2008, 08:35 PM   #27
3n1 is a splendid one to behold3n1 is a splendid one to behold3n1 is a splendid one to behold3n1 is a splendid one to behold3n1 is a splendid one to behold3n1 is a splendid one to behold3n1 is a splendid one to behold
3n1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_Wilkerson View Post
I just ordered one for my '09. I'm lifting and putting on larger tires, so I wanted to see what the difference in MPGs was. Also driving from Minnesota to Texas for Christmas and wanted the trip-related counters...
We all know your MPH changes with larger tires. With the Scangauge, you will ba able to adjust the MPH gauge to reflect the proper MPH. Most use a GPS to help get it set perfect. This will NOT adjust your dash speedometer, I am takling about the MPH reading on the Scangauge2 itself.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:35 PM   #28
Yup. It's coming from your trucks computer AFAIK.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:42 PM   #29
3n1 is a splendid one to behold3n1 is a splendid one to behold3n1 is a splendid one to behold3n1 is a splendid one to behold3n1 is a splendid one to behold3n1 is a splendid one to behold3n1 is a splendid one to behold
3n1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06BLUEDBLSPORT View Post
I see it reads HP is it accurate? is it easy to install?
It is pretty accurate, but remember that it reads total HP at the engine itself, not rear wheel HP. Many factors will subtract from that figure by the time it hits your rear wheels ( or front wheels, as the case may be ).

Installation of the Scangauge2 is a simple "Plug-n-Play". You plug the cable into your OBD2 port. Then you go through the setup features ( engine size, ect. ). Most report they install it within 5-10 mins.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:16 PM   #30
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
yeah install was 5min its fun to mess with and definately finding real data i watched my driving and its damn accurate. i like the MILES TO EMPTY one now thats accurate.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:17 PM   #31
Poodoo
luk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
luk8272's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3n1 View Post
This feature is for those Techno types who know how to code the ECM. I do not know how to do this coding, so I can not explain it further.

Also, please do not get this feature confused with the XGauge feature.

I don't know what the Xgauge feature is. I was wondering if it would allow you to change air fuel ratio? Or similar systems.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:20 PM   #32
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
If theres an update or a code we want to add we would do that with the xgauge feature. ex: the HP reading would be done through the xgauge feature
Old 10-16-2008, 10:21 PM   #33
3n1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by luk8272 View Post
I don't know what the Xgauge feature is. I was wondering if it would allow you to change air fuel ratio? Or similar systems.
The Scangauge2 will NOT change any settings in your ECM. It is not an ECM tuner. It will read the Air/fuel mixture, but you can not change it.

See our website to learn more about the XGauge:
www.3n1autocomputer.com
Old 10-17-2008, 05:46 PM   #34
mrtrd103 will become famous soon enoughmrtrd103 will become famous soon enough

mrtrd103's Tacoma Gallery
i want one of these scan gauge but what is it really used for, Ive never read or seen one in person. could some one please tell me what it is used for
Old 10-17-2008, 05:59 PM   #35
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtrd103 View Post
i want one of these scan gauge but what is it really used for, Ive never read or seen one in person. could some one please tell me what it is used for
Have you gone to the websites to see what they can do?

TRIP COMPUTER
Automatically tracks four sets of trip data - Each with 11 individually stored parameters.

* Maximum Speed
* Average Speed
* Maximum Coolant Temperature
* Maximum RPM
* Driving Time
* Driving Distance
* Fuel Used
* Trip Fuel Economy
* Distance to Empty
* Time to Empty
* Fuel to Empty

DIGITAL GAUGES
Display 4 gauges at a time from the 12 built-in digital gauges. the information is presented in Real-time!

* Fuel Economy
* Fuel Rate
* Battery Voltage
* Coolant Temperature
* Intake Air Temperature
* Engine Speed (RPM)
* Vehicle speed (MPH)
* Manifold Pressure (not available on some vehicles)
* Engine Load
* Throttle Position
* Ignition Timing
* Open/Closed Loop

SCAN TOOL
The ScanGaugeII allows you to troubleshoot your own car, read error codes, and the conditions present when the error occurred. You can also turn off the “Check Engine” light and avoid those costly trips to the mechanic.

* Reads Trouble Codes
* Reads conditions that set the Trouble Code
* Clears Trouble Codes
* Turns off the "Check Engine" light
* Tells you when vehicle is "Ready" to pass OBDII testing
* Make and store up to 10 rewritable special codes
to send to the vehicle computer
Old 10-17-2008, 06:12 PM   #37
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
that sounds pretty cool and another question how would i intall it to my truck
Dang, dude, just head over to scangauge.com to get most of your questions answered. And to answer your question, it hooks up to your OBII port, which is located under your dash.
Old 10-17-2008, 06:22 PM   #38
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
Quote:
that sounds pretty cool and another question how would i intall it to my truck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Jim View Post
It plugs in right under your steering column. There is an ODBC connector there...

Mine sits on the dash with some velcro so it won't slide around. I scan too many other vehicles for codes to mount it permanently. Try searching for blend mount or scangauge install. I'm sure you can find ideas.
Old 10-17-2008, 10:00 PM   #39
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_Wilkerson View Post
Ordered! Let's see what kinda MPG hit I take when I put the lift and 285s on...
3-5 mpg
Old 10-18-2008, 07:50 AM   #40
3n1's Tacoma Gallery
I just want to clarify that we are not scangauge.com
Our web site is www.3n1autocomputer.com
Scangauge.com is the manufacture. We are an authorized Scangauge reseller. Please contact us if you have a question about this group buy, not scangauge.

Quote:
Scangauge2 Group Buy Special: $149.95 (includes shipping) Good until Nov. 16th, 2008

Use this link to purchase:
http://www.3n1autocomputer.com/groupbuytoyota.html

We ship next business day of payment, no waiting.

We ship via U.S.P.S Priority Mail. Delivery times are 2-3 business days on average. 30 day unconditional money back guarantee!! ( minus $5 shipping )
Sometimes an address wont be in USPS.com's database ( sounds crazy, but happens ). When this happens, we ship the package out via DHL. DHL takes 3-5 business days on average.

I do send out confirmation Emails, once your package has shipped. Please make sure our email address isnt blocked by your provider ( sales@3n1autocomputer.com ), if you want to receive this notice.

Michigan Customers: My business is based in Michigan. You will incure the 6% sales tax.

Canadian Customers: There is an extra shipping charge of $25 for your shipments. Shipping done via DHL and delivery times have been 3-5 business days on average.
There is a button to purchase the Canadian shipping on the above link.
....No, I can not input a lessor price on the paper work, so please dont ask me to.
....Canadian orders only have 1yr. warranty exchange (no 30day return period ),due to shipping fee's.
....Do not forget you will have to pay any extra tax that your Government may charge you.