LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

1st Gen rear frame reinforcement plates Group Buy closes 8-1-2011 at 12:00am

Old 07-19-2011, 03:43 PM   #1
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
1st Gen rear frame reinforcement plates Group Buy closes 8-1-2011 at 12:00am

Group buy is now closed PM badmoonrising for pricing and ordering of frame plates.

I just bought a set of these from a Vendor on TTORA and wile talking to the Vendor about telling you guys about these he said he would be willing to do a group buy so here it is.
The price for 10 or more sets is $70.00 bucks shipped to the lower 48 that is by far the best price you will ever find for frame plates. I guess I should of did this before I bought a set I just payed $90.00 shipped and I thought that was a good deal but whatever at least you guys can get a deal If you want one add your name to the list in your post and I'll update the OP.

Once we have all the guys listed I'll get all your info and have Jeremy send you a paypal invoice.

The frame plates are CNC plasma cut 3/16th USA steel and are cut for single and Extra cabs. For DC's you will have to trim the plates a little to clear the body mount with a angle grinder.

Seeing how we have over 10 you guys can start ordering so Jeremy can start cutting the plates. The group buy will stay open until 8-1-2011 so if you want one let me know your ordering and I'll add your name to the list to Keep track of the orders. And just submit your payment

Send your payment $70.00 Via Paypal gift (to avoid paypal fees) to jeremy@mercerfabrication.com

Note your address in the notes section of your payment for shipping

1. JLee (payment sent)
2. Mike330R
(payment sent)
3. NegroTundra(payment sent)
4. EL ROJO(payment sent)

5. Sprocketdog (payment sent)
6. HedgepethAj89 (Backed out)
7. 97yota4wd(payment sent)
8. Manlaan (payment sent)
9. malander (payment sent)
10. Digiratus (payment sent)
Gscott (Backed out)
12. Ptowntaco (payment sent)
13. BoostingMS6 (payment sent)
14. BFA (payment sent)
Blue (payment sent)
16. kmok (payment sent)
17. davidpick (payment sent)
18. DblCAbMN (payment sent)
19. fireturk41 (payment in mailbox)
20. scocar (payment sent)
21. Catcrazed(payment sent)
22. colliNoverton (Backed out)
23. 03aztaco (payment sent)

If you load your bed up and wheel these are great to prevent your frame from bending as you can see HERE there is a week point in our frames this solves that week point. Even if you load and drive on the street your at risk of bending your frame if you have too much weight behind the rear axle so this is good insurance for your frame.
These are simple to install just remove the paint from your frame tack on place and burn them in. Be sure to burn in stages so you don't over heat your frame. All post some pics on how I'm going to weld them up.

If anyone in NorCal buys a set I will install them for $25.00 bucks. The $25.00 is just to cover my shielding gas and welding wire.
Old 07-19-2011, 03:50 PM   #2
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
gusseting the rear portion of the frame is pretty much a must for anybody who wheels their truck. it's super cheap insurance

i dont have these specific plates, but mine are the same idea. boxing the frame is a good idea too. some pics of install before paint...

Old 07-19-2011, 03:56 PM   #3
Hold my beer and watch this
TanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: William
TanSR5x4's Tacoma Gallery
nice

i look forward to seeing the finished product!
Old 07-19-2011, 03:56 PM   #4
tacomazach has a spectacular aura abouttacomazach has a spectacular aura about

Name: Zach
tacomazach's Tacoma Gallery
I'll need to pick some of these up soon.. sub'd
Old 07-19-2011, 03:58 PM   #5
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
gusseting the rear portion of the frame is pretty much a must for anybody who wheels their truck. it's super cheap insurance

i dont have these specific plates, but mine are the same idea. boxing the frame is a good idea too. some pics of install before paint...

^ yep Its something that's forgotten when building a rig and it's needed.
Old 07-19-2011, 06:41 PM   #6
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Okay guys I just was talking to Jeremy about me posting this thread and he said he would do a group buy if there is 5 or more orders. So now is the time to get one the price is 80 bucks shipped and if there is 10 or more sets its 70 bucks shipped. I guess I should of did this before I bought a set but whatever at least you guys can get a deal. If you want one add your name ill update this thread tomorrow and have it moved to the group buy section.

Old 07-19-2011, 07:04 PM   #7
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

every 1st gen that offroads should be in on this...lol
Old 07-19-2011, 07:12 PM   #8
I have a problem for your solution…
Snowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Snowman's Tacoma Gallery
void the toyota frame warranty?
Old 07-19-2011, 07:40 PM   #9
G scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Garrett
G scott04's Tacoma Gallery
Been thinking about these.. but then also thinking about boxing the frame... because I might use the cross bar to mount some shocks too... hmmm

and this comes with 4 plates right?
Old 07-19-2011, 07:50 PM   #10
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by G scott04 View Post
Been thinking about these.. but then also thinking about boxing the frame... because I might use the cross bar to mount some shocks too... hmmm

2 plates one for each frame rail.
Old 07-19-2011, 07:52 PM   #11
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
void the toyota frame warranty?
Anything voids warrantys in the dealers eyes but anything that makes the frame stronger shouldn't but I'm not toyota so I couldn't tell you.
Old 07-19-2011, 07:54 PM   #12
G scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
2 plates one for each frame rail.
ok that what I thought, but any opinions on this vs boxing?
and whats rust like??
Old 07-19-2011, 07:54 PM   #13

Quote:

do both.
Old 07-19-2011, 07:55 PM   #14
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
ok that what I thought, but any opinions on this vs boxing?
and whats rust like??
I'm doing both but I'm not boxing the frame for a few months. And rust what are you talking about?
Old 07-19-2011, 07:57 PM   #15
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
do both.
Hmmm isn't the plates from the box kit thicker?
and I suppose I could cut a chunk out of these to replace with a solid
piece to weld the bar too...
Old 07-19-2011, 07:59 PM   #16
Quote:
I'm doing both but I'm not boxing the frame for a few months. And rust what are you talking about?
How are you boxing your frame?
and I was teasing about rust...
Old 07-19-2011, 08:00 PM   #17
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hmmm isn't the plates from the box kit thicker?
and I suppose I could cut a chunk out of these to replace with a solid
piece to weld the bar too...
No box kit I've seen has been more then 3/16th what these plates are. Don't use this to box these are for the outside of the frame rails.
Old 07-19-2011, 08:02 PM   #18
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
How are you boxing your frame?
and I was teasing about rust...
I'm going to make my own with 3/16th plate.
Old 07-19-2011, 08:07 PM   #19
Quote:
I'm going to make my own with 3/16th plate.
thats what I was thinking of doing...

but should I do both...
Old 07-19-2011, 08:11 PM   #20

Quote:
thats what I was thinking of doing...

but should I do both...
how hard do you beat on your truck?

i did both... better safe than sorry