1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

05+ Tacoma & FJ Boztec Rear Diff Skids

Discussion in 'Group Buys' started by TacticalBacon13, Sep 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oct 17, 2011 at 1:49 PM
    NYCO

NYCO go explore...

Member:
    First Name:
    bOb
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Blue Betty - '06 TRD OR
    dents & scratches
    trails will vary as there are many options to choose from...we'll wait and see who is interested and make decisions based on the trucks and driver skills that will be there..

i'm sure we'll have a couple options for each day too from stocker to modified to extreme if any trailer rigs show up

2. Oct 17, 2011 at 2:31 PM
    JasoTaco

JasoTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD Off Road
    ToyTec Ultimate 3" Lift -TSB Rear springs - TRD Cold Air Intake - TRD Skid Plate - Total Chaos Upper Control Arms - 2 Hella Rallye 4000 lights (130W Bulbs) - Clear Bra - Under Coat - Bed extener - Toyota Bed Mat - Weathertech floor mats - Tailgate hose clamp & washer mod - PIAA Fog Lights - ScanGauge II - Beefed Sliders - Differential Breather Mod - Heated Seats - All-Pro Bumper - Warn M8000 Winch with wireless controls - Boztec Diff Skid - ATO skids
    As promised here are some pics from Moab. I must say I love the new Boztec skid it was nice to have.
    I didn’t get to do as many trails in the truck as I would have liked but I did give it a good workout on Kane Creek and Steel Bender. The previous day we did Fins N’ Things, Hells Revenge, Poison Spider Mesa and part of Golden Spike on some Polaris RZR’s. Those were a ton of fun.

Kane Creek
    http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=216196426184126462933.0004af75a02aceef53845&msa=0

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Oct 17, 2011 at 2:37 PM
    NYCO

NYCO go explore...

Member:
    First Name:
    bOb
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Blue Betty - '06 TRD OR
    dents & scratches
    you have more pics from that trip? how'd you like kane's? that last hill was a workout for sure..and looks like you had to winch up that pinch in the beginning too!

still one of my favorite trails

4. Oct 17, 2011 at 3:01 PM
    JasoTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD Off Road
    ToyTec Ultimate 3" Lift -TSB Rear springs - TRD Cold Air Intake - TRD Skid Plate - Total Chaos Upper Control Arms - 2 Hella Rallye 4000 lights (130W Bulbs) - Clear Bra - Under Coat - Bed extener - Toyota Bed Mat - Weathertech floor mats - Tailgate hose clamp & washer mod - PIAA Fog Lights - ScanGauge II - Beefed Sliders - Differential Breather Mod - Heated Seats - All-Pro Bumper - Warn M8000 Winch with wireless controls - Boztec Diff Skid - ATO skids
    Kane’s Creek was a blast. The pinch near the beginning was by far the most tricky part (pics never do it justice), without some sliders and winch I don’t see how you could get a 2nd gen Tacoma through it without some serious body damage. It’s tricky because the rock on the drivers side wants to throw the passenger side into another nasty rock. I escaped with with just hitting the side of my slider and scuffing the rear bumper (guess I will just need to upgrade J). I have a few more pics, I’ll put them up on the Utah BS thread or start a new thread later.
    The whole time I was on Kane’s Creek I kept thinking about the pics you and Jas took from the last TW Moab trip.

5. Oct 17, 2011 at 8:03 PM
    JLink

JLink Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Ocean, NJ
    Lifted, Locked, Armored. Ready To Wheel.
    Sounds like something I will be planning on!!!

We should definitely get a TW Nation wide Moab trip. Anyone from anywhere that is interested in going should be welcome. It will be cool to see what states show up. Might be the biggest collection of different state tacomas ever...

And JasoTaco-

Nice pics!!!

6. Oct 19, 2011 at 4:17 PM
    Boztec

Boztec Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Leonie
    San Diego Ca
    Vehicle:
    2008 FJ Crusier
    Boztec Rear Diff Cover Boztec Antenna Mount Lefty with Marlin Chromoly gears and stock transfer case Demello front bumper Metal Tech rear bumper 295/70/17's SAW front and rear suspension with OME rear custom springs MAF adjustable upper rear control arms and pan hard bar MAF heavy duty rear lower control arms Total Chaos front control arms Yukon 4.56's front and rear Doug Thorley headers Rear e-locker front ARB locker with ARB compressor Dirty Partsdual batteries with yellow top optima Demello sliders Budbuilt skids
    Sounds good. I go out there at 3 times at least a year with FJ friends from all over.

Maybe I will see if any of them would be interested. If the group is big then you can get different groups doing different trails each day. Otherwise it takes forever.

7. Oct 19, 2011 at 4:19 PM
    Boztec

Boztec Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Leonie
    San Diego Ca
    Vehicle:
    2008 FJ Crusier
    Boztec Rear Diff Cover Boztec Antenna Mount Lefty with Marlin Chromoly gears and stock transfer case Demello front bumper Metal Tech rear bumper 295/70/17's SAW front and rear suspension with OME rear custom springs MAF adjustable upper rear control arms and pan hard bar MAF heavy duty rear lower control arms Total Chaos front control arms Yukon 4.56's front and rear Doug Thorley headers Rear e-locker front ARB locker with ARB compressor Dirty Partsdual batteries with yellow top optima Demello sliders Budbuilt skids
    Great pics.
    Looks like we did the job.

Did you get to do Hells Gate?

8. Oct 19, 2011 at 11:08 PM
    JasoTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD Off Road

Thanks! You did a good job. I love that skid, one less thing to worry about on the trail.

I did make it to Hells Gate on the RZR but didn't try it. I would have felt more comfortable trying it with something with a longer wheel base. There is that one bump halfway up that I just wasn’t feeling.

Here are some of my Moab Pics.
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/south-west/183469-jasotaco-october-2011-moab-trip-pics.html

9. Oct 20, 2011 at 7:29 AM
    NYCO

NYCO go explore...

Member:
    First Name:
    bOb
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Blue Betty - '06 TRD OR
    dents & scratches
  10. Oct 25, 2011 at 7:11 AM
    Boztec

Boztec Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Leonie
    San Diego Ca
    Vehicle:
    2008 FJ Crusier
    Stickers went out yesterday to all who did not get them. Sorry for the delay.
    Leonie

11. Oct 28, 2011 at 2:27 PM
    DueNorth

DueNorth Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2014 BSP TRD Sport DCSB 6sp
    Hey Leonie, finally received my skid today! Everything looks good and I can't wait to install and put it to use. No stickers in the box though, wanna send me some?

12. Oct 28, 2011 at 3:55 PM
    JasoTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD Off Road
    That looks GREAT!!!
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top