Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

1st Gen skid plates

Old 10-03-2011, 09:24 AM   #1
MetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant future

MetalMiller's Tacoma Gallery
1st Gen skid plates

Group Buy

BATCH CLOSED- New buy open: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy...ml#post4267378

Here are some pics of the 4 that shipped out this round.

First gen skids are finally here!
95.5 to 2004 Tacos and 96 to 02 4Runners

I have finally been able to come up with a design to replace the first gen stock skid plates.

Like my 2nd gen skids, I do offer custom cuts in these skids. You can see examples of my work at www.metalmiller.com.

The Product:

The design is a solid 1 piece of 3/16 carbon steel that is designed to take a much heavier beating than the stock skids. This will work for 95.5 to 2004 model Tacomas and 96 to 02 4Runners.

There are bends on the sides to add rigidity to the design to give it more strength. (Hence the wings you see on the sides)

Installation:

Simple bolt on design, just unbolt your stock skids and bolt this bad boy on. New Grade 8 bolts are provided to compensate for the thicker plate.

Pricing:

Bare skid: 250
Custom Cut: add 20
Shipping: 50
Powdercoating: add 60

I'll take 10% off once I get 5 orders and I can go up to 15% once we reach 10. It will be up to you guys whether we wait for the 10 or close at 5.

Note: the discount does not apply to shipping. They arent very flexible on their charges

Purchasing:

I have begun a list of people interested in purchasing this skid.
Here are some pics of the prototype mounted before the design changes were made to the drawing. You can see the coverage this skid has. I have recently added a few more pictures.

Example of the Metalmiller M in black powdercoat

Skid with lights mounted behind cuts. PM Drunknsloth for lighting details

NEW PICS Final design minus the oil drain hole.

September Batch Orders:
1. Biggie (no coat, No cutout)
2. Hayabusa3303 (no coat, TACOMA cutout, No backplate)
3. 01Tac0ma (no coat, unattached white backplate)
4.Scwerks
5. Filled

People interested in waiting for the 15% discount
Old 10-03-2011, 08:40 PM   #2
MetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant future

Another pic of a skid thats about to ship. This one has a white backplate behind the TRD

Old 10-04-2011, 10:53 AM   #3
biggie is on a distinguished road

Name: Collin
biggie's Tacoma Gallery
come on guys just 2 more spots to fill
Old 10-06-2011, 08:07 AM   #5

I've added a spot for people that are holding out for the 15% discount if we get 10 people. Just say the word and I'll add you to the list
Old 10-06-2011, 10:40 AM   #6
Stealth Custom Series™
SCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Vin
SCSPerformance's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMiller View Post
I've added a spot for people that are holding out for the 15% discount if we get 10 people. Just say the word and I'll add you to the list
thanks, i will keep my eye on this.
Old 10-06-2011, 12:42 PM   #7
Feet in the water...
Silver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Silver02Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to Silver02Taco Send a message via AIM to Silver02Taco Send a message via MSN to Silver02Taco Send a message via Yahoo to Silver02Taco
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMiller View Post
Another pic of a skid thats about to ship. This one has a white backplate behind the TRD

What's the pricing like on one like this?? It's not mentioned in the OP.
Old 10-06-2011, 02:12 PM   #8

The pricing is just above the pics. Here it is again anyways, I feel like it's pretty fair since it's replacing 2 stock skids.

Pricing:

Bare skid: 250
Custom Cut: add 20
Shipping: 50
Powdercoating: add 60

I'll take 10% off once I get 5 orders and I can go up to 15% once we reach 10. It will be up to you guys whether we wait for the 10 or close at 5.

Note: the discount does not apply to shipping. They arent very flexible on their charges
Old 10-11-2011, 07:53 PM   #9
SlammedSociety
norcalduck510 is on a distinguished road
Name: Alex
norcalduck510's Tacoma Gallery
Will this skidplate work for 4cyl 2wd? Does it protect oil pan completely?
Old 10-12-2011, 08:29 AM   #10

I have not been under one of those, do they come with 2 stock skids?
Old 10-12-2011, 08:48 AM   #11

Just need ONE more!!!
Old 10-13-2011, 08:32 PM   #12

Filled the 5th spot today! Anyone else who wants to jump in for the discount, let me know ASAP!
Old 10-23-2011, 10:15 AM   #14
biggie is on a distinguished road

Name: Collin
biggie's Tacoma Gallery
the 1st gen in the pics has a 1" diff drop
Old 10-23-2011, 09:00 PM   #16

Here is a pic of a TACOMA cut out that I'm doing in one of the skids. This skid will be waterjet cut since the design has bit more detail than the the TRD cut

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 11-02-2011, 08:32 PM   #17
Bash Fabriction & Off-Road
01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
01Tac0ma's Tacoma Gallery
Any updates?
Old 11-03-2011, 09:31 AM   #18

They should be cut any day, I'll get a more accurate update this afternoon.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:58 AM   #19

I was told that they will be ready on Tuesday. So I'll get them them, do a qc check and ship them out right away.
Old 11-07-2011, 08:08 AM   #20
Bash Fabriction & Off-Road
01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
01Tac0ma's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome! do they have the oil drain cut out in them?