Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

Husky Liner mud guards $29.95 shipped!

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-13-2013, 11:23 AM   #141
dtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant future

Name: Darrell
dtopgun515's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kryten View Post
With OEM wheels that tire size should not rub. I'm guessing you have aftermarket wheels with different specs?

Also, if it does not rub on OEM mud flaps, it won't rub with Husky's for sure as they do not have as much of a buldge covering fender flare end piece as OEM's do.
Yea I have aftermarket wheels. May just have to buy some and see what happens. They look better being shorter anyways.
Old 02-13-2013, 01:27 PM   #142
kryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtopgun515 View Post
Yea I have aftermarket wheels. May just have to buy some and see what happens. They look better being shorter anyways.
Yes, they are quite a bit shorter.

I have 16x8, 4.5bs 0 offset wheels with 265/75/16 (same overall size) and it was not enough even with Husky mud guards, close but not yet. No mud flaps up front, but I installed and kept the rears. It is a good product for a good price.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:29 PM   #143
dtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant future

Quote:

I have 16x8, 4.5bs 0 offset wheels with 265/75/16 (same overall size) and it was not enough even with Husky mud guards, close but not yet. No mud flaps up front, but I installed and kept the rears. It is a good product for a good price.
What did you do with the front ones then?
Old 02-14-2013, 01:21 PM   #144
kryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What did you do with the front ones then?

Sold the whole OEM set for a profit after paying for a full Husky set.

Installed Husky rears, kept front ones in the closet.
Old 02-14-2013, 01:47 PM   #145

Quote:
Sold the whole OEM set for a profit after paying for a full Husky set.

Installed Husky rears, kept front ones in the closet.
Send me the front Huskey's so you'll have room for something else in your closet.
Old 02-14-2013, 02:06 PM   #146

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Send me the front Huskey's so you'll have room for something else in your closet.
I will probably need them eventually. My next set of tires will most likely be stock size.

Besides, shipping from Canada would be more than they are worth.
Old 02-14-2013, 07:24 PM   #147
CaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired
Name: Jesse
CaliAsh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Any lift on your truck? I have the same aftermarket tire/wheel size and was trying to figure that out. I had to take my stock front mudguards off with the new tires/wheels, but I will have a 2.5" - 3" lift soon.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:20 AM   #148

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAsh View Post
Any lift on your truck? I have the same aftermarket tire/wheel size and was trying to figure that out. I had to take my stock front mudguards off with the new tires/wheels, but I will have a 2.5" - 3" lift soon.
No lift, stock suspension.
Old 10-08-2013, 08:34 AM   #149
PreRonner
SixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ron
SixtyDashOne's Tacoma Gallery
i wonder if these are more streamline in the front, as my stock flaps are rubbing
Old 10-08-2013, 10:12 AM   #150
Nixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Nixinus's Tacoma Gallery
Streamline = no rubbing?
Old 01-09-2014, 07:19 AM   #151
Matt is on a distinguished road

Matt's Tacoma Gallery
Hopefully this deal still going on. I just emailed her.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:49 AM   #152
Bush Pusher
Hairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Hairy Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkster9 View Post
Per Melissa via e-mail today:

FYI:

Unfortunately, we are no longer offering the group buy pricing listed on the Tacoma World website. We do, however, have the mud guards available for $39.95 per set directly from us or have many online or local retailers that you can purchase these mud guards from at comparable pricing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Hopefully this deal still going on. I just emailed her.
but it never hurts to ask...
Old 01-10-2014, 05:54 AM   #153

I don't remember if that price was for all four or not but the price for two is cheaper than that on amazon. I just bought a set for the front of my truck. My tires rubbed with the factory front flaps but they don't rub with the huskeys on the front.
Old 01-10-2014, 06:05 AM   #154
Matt is on a distinguished road

Matt's Tacoma Gallery
Deal isn't good. Day late and Dollar short.
Old 02-20-2014, 06:12 PM   #155
2006 Tacoma TRD Sport XSP
mnerren is on a distinguished road

Army: US Army 1985-88
mnerren's Tacoma Gallery
Front Flaps

Do these come with the screws/bolts to install? I took my OEM ones off once they broke and don't have the screws.
Old 02-20-2014, 09:23 PM   #156
Bush Pusher
Hairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnerren View Post
Do these come with the screws/bolts to install? I took my OEM ones off once they broke and don't have the screws.
yes, mine did
Old 02-21-2014, 07:12 AM   #157
2006 Tacoma TRD Sport XSP
mnerren is on a distinguished road

Army: US Army 1985-88
mnerren's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairy Taco View Post
yes, mine did
Cool, thanks for the reply.
Old 02-21-2014, 09:41 AM   #158
Bush Pusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnerren View Post
Cool, thanks for the reply.
You bet. Gotta keep TW tight :-)
Old 07-30-2014, 08:37 PM   #160
BigWheeler is on a distinguished road
Name: John
BigWheeler's Tacoma Gallery
I'm thinking about getting a set of these, though obviously not through the group buy. I have a question about mounting though: my truck didn't come with stock flaps, so I have no mounting hardware. Will I need to buy any screws, or will they come with them?

I'm looking at getting these:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER and: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

And Amazon is also suggesting that I buy these:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...A2AWDAJOV50842

Do I need them? Do I need some other type of screws?

Thanks y'all!

Products Discussed in this Thread