Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

LED Strips For Rock Lights, Bed Lights, etc

Old 11-30-2011, 07:47 PM   #61
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunknsloth View Post
The back light to my skid-plate is using two pairs of 10" Rigid Cool White Strips but it would really depend on how big of a space you are backlighting.

Larry had two 12" Flexible-waterproof strips used as rocklights (in between the front and rear tires, under the doors, not the ones under the front or rear bumper) on each side. I used three on each side.
so you have 36" of flexible strips on each side of the truck?
I would also want drive shaft, rear axle, and each wheel well, front and rear bumpers. sounds expensive.
Old 11-30-2011, 10:25 PM   #62
Indffrnce will be the fall of manknd but who cares
Drunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Retribution
Drunknsloth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLink View Post
I would also want drive shaft, rear axle, and each wheel well, front and rear bumpers. sounds expensive.
We might be able to work something out for that volume. But to me it's relatively inexpensive for the brightness and the amount you are getting
Old 12-01-2011, 06:24 AM   #63
The Sticker Guy
ruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ruggedT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That's what's holding me back. Gonna need more than just one on each side of the truck. Maybe after Christmas
Old 12-01-2011, 09:05 AM   #64
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like the flexible ones are the way to go. Save money by not having to buy the connectors. Plus they can bend.
Are they the same brightness/ same amount of LEDs?
Old 12-01-2011, 02:10 PM   #65
The "Wet" Coast
pjo is on a distinguished road

pjo's Tacoma Gallery
reverse bar

Possibly interested in a reverse bar. And how much to ship to Canada?
Old 12-02-2011, 05:53 PM   #67

JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Looks like the flexible ones are the way to go. Save money by not having to buy the connectors. Plus they can bend.
Are they the same brightness/ same amount of LEDs?
damn it where is the OP??

Old 12-02-2011, 06:05 PM   #70

JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Sorry man, I overlooked your post...

It is the same number and brightness
then I'll take 4 for starters. if I like them I'll be ordering as many more as I need to illuminate everything I don't want to smash on rocks.

edit:
Pm'd you my info but forgot to mention I want COOL white. Thanks man!
Old 12-03-2011, 07:57 AM   #71
787tester is on a distinguished road
Navy: EM
Name: Steve
787tester's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like I need to change my order to 6 of the cool white flexible ones
Old 12-04-2011, 12:07 AM   #72
Drunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
then I'll take 4 for starters. if I like them I'll be ordering as many more as I need to illuminate everything I don't want to smash on rocks.

edit:
Pm'd you my info but forgot to mention I want COOL white. Thanks man!
Sweet, will do

Quote:
Originally Posted by 787tester View Post
Looks like I need to change my order to 6 of the cool white flexible ones
What will you be using them for so I can recommend the best set up for you. But yes I can send you 6 flexible strips if you would like.
Old 12-04-2011, 10:04 PM   #75

PM me with your:

PayPal Address
Name
Shipping Address
Order Details

If you want to order the cool white flexible strips at 10% Off!! and I will send you the details and an invoice to your Paypal account.
Supply is limited!

JLink has ordered 4, details have been PM'd to you

787tester Would you still like the 6 of them?

-Retribution
Old 12-04-2011, 10:28 PM   #76
Never Forget! 343
Bengland25 has much to be proud ofBengland25 has much to be proud ofBengland25 has much to be proud ofBengland25 has much to be proud ofBengland25 has much to be proud ofBengland25 has much to be proud ofBengland25 has much to be proud ofBengland25 has much to be proud of

Firefighter:
Name: Bradley
Bengland25's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
PM me with your:

PayPal Address
Name
Shipping Address
Order Details

If you want to order the cool white flexible strips at 10% Off!! and I will send you the details and an invoice to your Paypal account.
Supply is limited!

JLink has ordered 4, details have been PM'd to you

787tester Would you still like the 6 of them?

-Retribution
That only for the flexible strips? Or you want payment info on the rigid bars as well?
Old 12-07-2011, 02:52 PM   #79

JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Got mine in the mail today. Tested one a little bit with some longer wires and rigged it up in a few places. They are definitely pretty cool. Still don't have an idea of how many I'll actually need to do what I want, but they may work!

Thanks for the quick shipping!

In this picture you have 3 on each side right? and are they attached between the outside of the frame rail and the pinch weld?

I'm going to play around with that mounting area, but since I have sliders it might throw too many shadows. Thinking maybe on the inside of the frame rail somewhere. Also want to light up the wheel wells and axles
Old 12-07-2011, 04:17 PM   #80

Quote:
Got mine in the mail today. Tested one a little bit with some longer wires and rigged it up in a few places. They are definitely pretty cool. Still don't have an idea of how many I'll actually need to do what I want, but they may work!

Thanks for the quick shipping!

In this picture you have 3 on each side right? and are they attached between the outside of the frame rail and the pinch weld?

I'm going to play around with that mounting area, but since I have sliders it might throw too many shadows. Thinking maybe on the inside of the frame rail somewhere. Also want to light up the wheel wells and axles
Yep 3 on each side and about half an inch to an inch inside the pinch weld